听下面5段对话，每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试题的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What kind of party are they going to have?
A. A dance party. B. A birthday party. C. A dinner party.
2. What‟s Jimmy‟s hobby?
A. Sports. B. Music. C. Collecting stamps.
3. Where is the woman from?
A. China. B. Germany. C. America.
4. How much is the blue MP3?
A. 400 dollars. B. 300 dollars. C. 100 dollars.
5. Why can‟t Tom go out to play?
A. Because he‟s ill.
B. Because he has to go to the hospital.
C. Because he has to work in the garden.
6. What does the woman do at 6:30?
A. She gets up. B. She has coffee. C. She gets to work.
7. Who does the woman have breakfast with?
A. Her friend. B. Her boss. C. Her husband.
8. What time does the woman get home？
A. At 4:30. B. At 5:10. C. At 5:30.
9. What is the hair color the boy wants to change?
A. Red. B. Brown. C. Black.
10. Who does the mother want to discuss this with?
A. The boy. B. The boy‟s brother. C. The boy‟s father.
11. What does the boy think of his father?
A. He is fashionable. B. He is popular.
C. He knows nothing about fashion.
12. What kind of card is better in making a moving cat?
A. Soft white cards. B. Hard black cards. C. Hard white cards.
13. How long are you supposed to draw the cat‟s tail?
A. 20cm. B. 25cm C. 12cm
14. When you move the cat‟s tail, the cat‟s_______ will also move.
A. head B. legs C. ears
15. Which picture shows the moving cat is nearly ready?
A. B. C.
16. The underlined part in the word “”is pronounced as_______.
A. / s / B. / z / C. /Is / D. /Iz /
17. After school, some students like to practice listening ______the English club.
A. to B. for C. in D. with
18. — How was your day off ?
— Pretty good! I _______ the history museum with my classmates.
B. visited C. am visiting D. will visit
19. I really don‟t like going on a trip during national holidays because the places
of interest are really______.
A. fantastic B. touristy C. educational D. wonderful
20. —Whose test paper is it?
—I‟m not sure. It ______ be Sam‟s for there‟re three papers without names.
A. will B. shall C. should D. might
21. — Ruth, I want to have some milk.
— There‟s _______ left. What about some orange juice?
A. some B. much C. little D. few
22. It is not safe for teenagers to give out too much ______ about themselves on the Internet.
A. information B. questions C. ideas D. knowledge
23. MP4 players are very popular among young people The
underlined part means__________.
A. all the same B. at the same time
C. at that moment D. at present
24. — We never know _______ the old man is.
— They say he is a teacher.
A. who B. what C. which D. where
25. — Hi, Cindy. You are riding a bike today.
— Yes. Driving a car to school every day makes me much_______.
A. fat B. thin C. fatter D. thinner
26. Unless it ________, we‟ll visit Shanghai Wild Animal Park this weekend.
A. rains B. will rain C. doesn‟t rain D. isn‟t raining
27. ______ a supermarket at the corner of King Street, but it closed a few days ago.
A. It used to have B. There used to be
C. It used to be D. There used to have
28. —Shall we make a pizza by ourselves instead of buying one?
A. The same to you. B. Don‟t worry.
C. That‟s a good idea. D. So shall I.
29. — Can you tell me how to make a banana milk shake ?
— Sure. Look carefully and you will see how it _______.
A. is made B. is making C. makes D. will make
30. — I‟m going to see my grandmother this evening.
A. Have fun B. It‟s very kind of you
C. Please remember me to her D. I hope she is fine now
The giving trees ( 许愿树 )
It was Christmas time. Although there wasn‟t money for lots of___31____, we planned to celebrate happily. The big excitement for the kids was the fun of Christmas shopping ____32____. They talked and planned for weeks, asking each other what ____33____ wanted for Christmas.
The day arrived and we ___34____early. I gave each of the four kids twenty dollars and asked them to buy the gifts for each other about ___35_____dollars each.
When driving back home in the car, everyone was very ___36___. My younger daughter, Ginger, who was eight years old, however, was ___37____ quiet. I saw she had only candy bars( 棒棒糖 )---fifty-cent candy bars! I was so angry, ___38___ I didn‟t say anything. After we got home, I called her into my bedroom and ___39___her what she did with the money. This was ___40___she told me: “I was looking around, thinking of ___41___, and I stopped to read the little cards on one of the „Giving Trees‟. One of the ___42___ was from a little four-year-old girl, and all she wanted for Christmas was a doll with clothes and hairbrush, ___43___I took the cards off the tree and bought the ___44___ and hairbrush for her. I only had enough money to buy candy bars for us then.”
I never felt as ___45___as I did that day.
31. A trees B. toys C. gifts D. clothes
32. A at the mall B. at school C. at home D. at the hotel
33. A he B. she C. we D. they
34. A ran out B. ran away C. started out D. gave away
35. A one B. three C. five D. seven
36. A tired B. happy C. angry D. mad
37. A usually B. never C. unusually D. hardly
38. A that B. and C. so D. but
39. A told B. asked C. talked D. showed
40. A when B. what C. how D. where
41. A where to buy B. where to go C. what to buy D. what to say
42. A trees B. kids C. bars D. cards
43. A after B. so C. before D. because
44. A doll B. clothes C. hairbrush D. gifts
45. A relaxed B. excited C. comfortable D. rich
第一节：阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和D ）中选出最佳选项。
“My pet is a spider. He is called Dizzy. My mum found him under my
bed and I saved him.”
There was a silence. Luke sat down at his desk again.
“Is that all, Luke ?”
“ Yes, Mrs Matthews.” There wasn‟t really anything else to add about Dizzy. Luke had only saved him that morning, just before school. Everyone had been told to write a piece about their pet, or a neighbor‟s pet. Luke‟s neighbor was the old lady who owned the apartment where Luke and his mother lived. She had the downstairs flat, and she kept an old dog. That was why she didn‟t allow Luke to have any pets. Luke didn‟t want to write about the old dog, and up until that morning he wrote nothing in his notebook. Then he found Dizzy.
Luke added, “But I‟ve brought Dizzy to show everyone.”
He took a shoebox from under the desk and opened the lid( 盖子)carefully. Three hairy legs came over the side of the box. Mrs Matthews shouted. “I think that‟s enough, Luke!” Luke quickly closed it again.
“ And I think you should let Dizzy free after the lesson. It isn‟t very kind to keep a spider in a box anyway.” she said.
46. Who was Luke talking to at the beginning of the passage?
A. Mrs Matthews. B. The students.
C. His neighbors. D. His teacher and classmates.
47. How long had Luke had his pet spider?
A. A few hours. B. A few days.
C. A few weeks D. A few months
48. How did Luke get his spider?
A. He bought it at a pet shop. B. His mother found it under his bed.
C. He borrow it from others. D. He saved it from a bird in the garden.
49. Why didn‟t the lady let Luke have a pet?
A. She didn‟t like animals. B. She thought it would smell.
C. She didn‟t want to upset her dog. D. Her flat was not large enough.
50. Why did Luke close the shoebox lid quickly when he started to show his spider to the class?
A. He thought the spider was ugly.
B. He thought the spider didn‟t like his classmates.
C. He didn‟t want to frighten Mrs Matthews.
D. He didn‟t want anyone to see the spider clearly.
( B )
Do you sometimes argue about what seems to you to be a simple fact? Do you argue whether it‟s cold outdoors or whether the car in front of you is going faster than the speed limit( 限速 )?
If you get into such arguments, try to think about the story about the six blind men and the elephant. The first blind man who felt the elephant‟s trunk( 象鼻 ) said it was like a snake. The second who felt the elephant‟s side said it was like a wall, while the third said it was like a spear( 矛 ) as he touched the animal‟s tusk. The fourth, who took hold of the elephant‟s tail insisted that it was like a rope. The fifth man said it looked liked a tree as he put his arms around one of the elephant‟s legs. The sixth , who was tall and got hold of the elephant‟s ears, said it was like a huge fan.
Each man‟s idea of the animal came from his own experience. So if someone disagrees with you about a “simple fact”, it‟s often because his experience in the matter is different from yours.
To see how hard it is for even one person to make up his mind about a “simple fact”, try this simple experiment(实验). Get three large bowls. Put ice water in one. Put hot water in the second. Put lukewarm( 温水 )water in the third. Now put your left hand in the hot water. Put your right hand in the lukewarm water. Your right hand will tell you the water is cold. Your left hand
51. There were _______ blind man who were trying to tell what an elephant was like in the story.
A. two B. four C. six D. eight
52. The man who touched the elephant‟s ears must be very_______.
A. heavy B. thin C. tall D. strong
53. The underlined word “it” in the last line of the paragraph refers to _______.
A. your left hand B. your right hand C. the water D. the bowl
54. What makes people think about simple facts differently?
A. People‟s wrong ideas.
B. People‟s different experience.
C. Simple facts are different sometimes.
D. People often disagree with each other.
55. It can be inferred from the passage that we should__________.
A. learn from the blind men
B. not agree about simple facts
C. never think about simple facts
D. never decide anything with one side
第二节： Smith, Lora, Alice, Simon, Jane 和Tom想去不同的地方。根据他们各自的想法，参看下面六张图片（A、B、C、 D、E、F ），选出符合个自需求的最佳选项。
56. Tom is really sad these days, because he lost his job last month. He is trying his best to find a new job. He has been visiting many companies and factories, and in the meanwhile he pays more attention to notices on walls, in newspapers and even in some advertisements.
57. Alice and Simon are going to get married. They want to hold an underwater wedding in a special place, where it is warm and beautiful and where they can find silver sand, delicious seafood and wonderful hotels, so they can enjoy themselves during their wedding.
58. Jane is a modern girl and she is a crazy fan of rock music and movies. She has a sweet dream, that is, one day, she will go to a wonderful place in France to enjoy all the attractive music and movies with a cup of coffee in her hand.
59. Lola is a journalist who loves peace. Though she is a woman, she is brave enough to go into the places at war and is regarded as “Rose of Front” by her workmates. This makes her very proud of herself. Next month, she will go to a place at war, and she is sure to do her best to give people the coolest reports.
60. Smith is a professor who studies ancient buildings in a university. He shows great interests in the old things and he has been to many historical places and discovered lots of useful materials. This month, he makes his mind to travel to a new place in Africa to go on his study.
There are many things we need to know that we do not learn at school. For
example, if we want to use our money wisely, we need to __61___carefully. We need to know how to compare the __62___of things in different shops. We need to be able to compare the quality of different brands (牌子). We need to know how to make a choice __63___we shop.
Knowing how to make such choices is a “life skill”, and we need these
skills if we want to live ___64__and happy lives.
Some of these choices are small. For example, will I take an apple for lunch
__65___a pear? Will I go to school by bus or on foot? Will I wear the red T-shirt or the blue __66___to the movies? ___67__choices are more important. For example, will I eat healthy food for lunch or eat junk food __68___it is more delicious? Will I work hard in all my subjects or will I only work hard in the subjects I__69___? We make choices like this every day.
We have to realize that the choices we make can affect (影响) __70___lives.
Also, our choices can affect other people.
71. This is not a hard job, so you can finish it e________.
72. My sister Tracy is m________ interested in sports than in music.
73. Air pollution is one of the b_________ problems in our life.
74. Could you l_______ me your bike? Mine is broken.
75. Watch carefully b_______ you cross the street.
76. How can you make y_______ understood if you cannot express clearly?
77. It is three h______ bus ride from Hangzhou to Shanghai. It is quite a long distance.
78. Last year Cindy was eleven years old. And tomorrow will be her
79. Suddenly all the lights went out and we were left in the d_________.
80. — I p______ the final exam yesterday.
— Oh, you‟re really a lucky dog.
九、书面表达（共1题，计15分） 假如你叫李华，前不久你在《中国日报》上读到一篇有关农村(countryside)儿童辍学(leave school at an early age)的报道。请你根据图示给编辑部写一封信，谈谈农村儿童辍学的主要原因以及你的观点和所能提供的帮助。
A lot of children are leaving school at an early age for various
reasons in the countryside. Some __________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
听下面5段对话，每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试题的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. W: It's very kind of you to invite me to this dinner party.
M: My pleasure. Today we'll have a Chinese meal.
2.W: Do you like playing golf or tennis, Jimmy?
M: Neither. I'd prefer to spend time listening to songs.
3. M: How many countries have you been to?
W: America, Canada, Japan and China. I'll be back home in Germany next Sunday.
4. M: How much does the MP3 cost?
W: The red one is 300 dollars, and the blue one is 100 dollars more .
5. W: Can you come and play games with us, Tom?
M: I‟m afraid I can‟t. My father‟s not well these days.
W: So you have to look after him at home?
M: Yes, and I have to help him in the garden.
M: What‟s wrong? You look so tired.
W: Yes, I‟m really busy these days.
W: Well, I get up at five o‟clock. I have coffee at about 5:15. Then I catch the train at 5:45, so I can get to work by 6:30.
M: That‟s very early.
W: After I get to the office, my boss and I have breakfast. That‟s when we plan the day‟s work.
M: When do you leave office in the afternoon?
W: About 4:30. And it usually takes me an hour to get home.
M: That‟s not too bad. I usually get home at eight in the evening.
M: Mum, I want to do something to my hair. I‟m thinking about changing the color.
W: What? Your hair is beautiful.
M: It‟s boring. I love red hair.
W: Red hair? Are you serious? Don‟t do that. Honey, sometimes I think you are completely crazy.
M: Don‟t be angry with me, Mum. It‟ll look good.
W: I don‟t think so.
M: Well, I do.
W: Well, we‟ll never agree with each other on this. Let‟s discuss it at dinner with your father.
M: With Dad? He doesn‟t know anything about fashion. He doesn‟t know what is popular.
You can probably draw a cat, but can you make it move? Don‟t worry. I‟m sure you will learn it if you follow my instructions.
In making a moving cat, two cards are needed, which are not too soft , and white is better. Besides these, a pencil, two paper fasteners, a pair of scissors and some paints. Got it ready? Ok, let‟s go! First, draw the shape of a cat‟s head and body on the card and cut it out. Then, draw two legs and a tail, making sure they are at least 2cm wide. The legs should be about 10cm long and the tail about 25cm long. Next, fix the legs only to the back of the cat‟s body with paper fasteners. Fix the tail to the top of the legs, but not to the body, with fasteners. Now you can move the tail and the legs will also move. Finally, paint the cat‟s face and body on the other side of the card.
Now a lovely moving cat is ready .It‟s not hard , is it?
6-8 CBC 9-11 ACC
16-20 DCBBD 21-25 CADBC 26-30 ABCAC
31-35 CADCC 36-40 BCDBB 41-45 CDBAD
46-50 DABCC 51-55 CCCBD 56-60 FEACD
61. shop 62. prices 63. when 64. useful 65. or
66. one 67. Other 68. because 69. enjoy 70. our
71．easily 72. more 73. biggest 74. lend 75. before
76. yourself / yourselves 77. hours‟ 78. twelfth
79. dark 80. passed
A lot of children are leaving school at an early age for various reasons In the countryside. Some have to leave school because their families are too poor to pay for their education. Some find difficulties in study. Some have to help their parents to earn money. And some simply do not like studying.
In my opinion the main reason that the children can not finish school is the poor living conditions of their families. I think every child has the
chance to receive education. As a student I can't do much about it. but I would try my best and now, I would like to give them all my pocket money and hope it will help some children.
Your truly Li Hua
中华考试网(www.examw.com) 收藏本页 【大 中 小】 [ 2014年2月5日 ]
When you wave (挥手) to a friend, you are using sign language. When you smile at someone, you mean to be 1 . When you put one finger (手指) in front of your 2 , you mean "Be quiet." Yet, people in different countries may use different sign languages.
Once an Englishman was in Italy. He could speak 3 Italian. One day while he was walking in the street, he felt 4 and went into a restaurant (餐馆). When the waiter came, the Englishman 5 his mouth, put his fingers into it and took them out again and moved his lips (嘴唇). In this way, he 6 to say, "Bring me something to eat." But the waiter brought him a lot of things to 7 . First tea, then coffee, then milk, but no food. The Englishman was 8 that he was not able to tell the waiter he was hungry. He was 9 to leave the restaurant when another man came in and put his hands on his stomach (肚子). And this sign was 10 enough for the waiter. In a few minutes, the waiter brought him a large plate of bread and meat. At last the Englishman had his meal in the same way. 1. A. nice 2. A. eye 3. A. a little 4. A. hungry 5. A. washed 6. A. dared 7. A. eat 8. A. happy 9. A. quick 10. A. good
B. friendly B. hand B. few B. tired B. opened B. meant B. drink B. glad B. slow B. bad
C. fine C. mouth C. a few C. sad C. closed C. had C. carry C. sorry C. ready C. bright （二）
We spent a day in the country and picked a lot of flowers. Our car was full of 1 inside. On the way home my wife saw a bookshelf outside a furniture (家具) shop. "Buy it," she said at once. "We'll 2 it home on the roof-rack (车顶架). I've always wanted one like that."
Ten minutes __3__ we were back with the bookshelf. 1 drove slowly. Other drivers seemed more polite than usual that evening. The 4 even stopped traffic to let us through .
After a while my wife said, "There's a long line of cars 5 . Why don't they overtake (超车)?"
D. well D. arm D. a little D. worried D. touched D. decided D. play D. afraid D. quiet D. wrong
Just at that time a police car did overtake, and two officers inside asked us to 6 their car through the busy traffic. The police car stopped at our village church(教堂).
One of the officers came to me and said, "Do you need any more 7 now?" I didn't quite understand. So I said, "You've been very 8 . We live just down the road."
He was looking at our things, first at the flowers, then at the bookshelf. "Well, well," he said and 9 , "It's a bookshelf you've got here! We thought it was— er, something else." My wife began to laugh. Suddenly I understood 10 the police drove here. 1. A. books 2. A. take 3. A. before 4. A. drivers 5. A. behind 6. A. take 7. A. time 8. A. kind 9. A. laughed 10. A. how
B. flowers B. carry B. after B. police B. before B. follow B. money B. clever B. cried B. what
C. fruits C. send C. later C. cleaners C. beside C. move C. help C. polite C. shouted C. who （三）
Sam had a dog, Its name was Tod. It was very helpful, but it ate too much . So he didn't like it. He wanted to __1__ Tod. He __2__ Tod and put it in a small boat . He rowed(划)the boat to the __3__ of a big river. Just as he __4__ the poor animal into the river, the boat began to go down. __5__ the man and Tod __56__ into the river.
Tod was able to swim, __7__ Sam couldn't. The dog bit(•咬) the rope(绳子) and broke it . It tried its best to swim to __8__ Sam. The man was saved, so he was very thankful (感激的)to the dog, he didn't want to kill the dog __9__. From then on, he gave the dog as __10__ as it wanted. 1. A. sell B. buy C. beat D. kill 2. A. tied B. pulled C. pushed D. closed 3. A. front B. foot C. side D. middle 4. A. threw B. carried C. sent D. brought 5. A. Neither B. Nor C. Each D. Both 6. A. fell B. dropped C. lost D. jumped 7. A. because B. tho ugh C. but D. when
D.vegetables D. hold D. ago D. sellers D. back D. drive D. water D. popular D. jumped D. why
8. A. kill B. save C. meet D. hit
9. A. no more B. any more C. no longer D. not more 10. A. little B. few C. many D. much
There were no classes that afternoon, so Henry went to a __1__ shop near his home. The shop sold many jackets. He looked •__2__ them and at last chose a very nice one. He __3__ it on and then told the shopkeeper to put it into a __4__. At that time his friend Bruce came into the shop. They hadn't seen each other for a long time. They were so __5__ to meet again that they forgot __6__ else. Soon they were busy talking on and on happily.
It was nearly six o'clock, __7__ they decided to go and have dinner together. Henry picked up the bag, and walked __8__ the door of the shop. The shopkeeper stopped them and asked Henry to pay for the __9__. Henry looked at him in surprise at first, but soon he remember that he hadn't paid for it. He said __10__ ,gave him the money and them left the shop with his friend. 1. A. fruit B. book C. food D. clothing 2. A. up B. for C. after D. at 3. A. put B. tried C. got D. turned 4. A. bag B. cup C. car D. pocket
5. A. worried B. interested C. pleased D. anxious 6. A. nobody B. anybody C. something D. everything 7. A. though B. so C. because D. but 8. A. towards B. through C. out of D. round 9. A. dinner B. bag C. jacket D. ticket 10. A. goodbye B. yes C. hello D. sorry
KEY: 1. D 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. C 6. D 7. B 8. A 9. C 10. D
Miss Zhao is one of the most popular teachers in the school. Yesterday she came into the 1 With a big smile on her face. She said to her 2 that she was 3 to see they did well in the
sports meeting. But 4 was not pleased to see the classroom last Saturday not as 5 as usual. She hoped they would clean the classroom every day.
Wei Hua was on 6 yesterday. She said everyone was at 7 except Lin Tao. Then she told Miss Zhao about their 8 to the Great Wall last Sunday. Luckily the weather was 9 . They played games and had a picnic there. After Wei Hua 10 her talk, Miss Zhao began her lesson. 1. A. shop B. classroom C. park D. office 2. A. students B. teachers C. workers D. doctors 3. A. angry B. sorry C. glad D. sad 4. A. she B. I C. we D. he 5.A.dark B. old C. large D. clean 6. A. time B. duty C. foot D. to 7. A. home B. noon C. night D. school 8. A. visit B. music C. clock D. football 9. A. bad B. fine C. rainy D. windy 10. A. started B. had C. finished D. gave
Key：1. B 2. A 3. B 4. A 5. D 6. B 7. D 8. A 9.B 10.C
Mr White works in an office. He liked reading in bed when he was at school. It was bad for his 1 and now he has near sight ( 近视 ). But he wouldn’t want 2 to know about it and he never wears a pair of glasses. It often 3 him some trouble.
One winter morning he was sent to a village school on business (出差 ). He 4 a bus at a stop in a small town. Then he had to walk there. The road to the village wasn’t smooth (平坦). He fell over some times and it 5 his clothes dirty. 6 he got to the village. Suddenly it began to blow and it got colder. He was looking for the school while his 7 was blown off. He began to run after it but he couldn’t get it. He couldn’t understand why his hat ran into a house as if (似乎 ) it had 8 . And he ran into the house, 9 .
A woman stopped him and shouted angrily, “ 10 are you running after my hen (母鸡 )for?” 1. A. ears B. nose C. mouth D. eyes
2. A. anybody else B. nobody C. woman D. somebody 3. A. follows B. takes C. brings D. carries 4. A. took off B. got off C. got on D. came on 5. A. let B. made C. gave D. felt
6. A. At first B. At home C. At times D. At last 7. A. clothes B. bag C. hat D. glasses 8. A. legs B. hands C. shoes D. arms 9. A. always B. also C. either D. too 10. A. What B. Why C. Which D. Who
Key: 1. D 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. B 6. D 7. C 8. A 9. D 10. A
中华考试网(www.examw.com) 收藏本页 【大 中 小】 [ 2014年2月5日 ]
Once there was an old man in a town. He always forgot 1 things. So his wife al-ways had to say to him, “Don’t forget this!”
One day he went on a long trip (旅行 )alone. Before he 2 home, his wife said, “Now you have all these 3 . They are what you need for your trip. Take care of your things during the trip.” He went to the station, bought a ticket and 4 the train with it.
About half 5 hour later, the conductor began to see the tickets. He came to the old man and 6 , “Will you please show me your ticket?” The old man looked for his ticket in all his pockets, but he could not find 7 . He was very worried. “I can’t find my ticket. I really bought a ticket 8 I got on the train,” said the old man.
“I believe (相信)you bought a ticket. All right, you don’t have to buy 9 one,” said the conductor kindly. “But how can I know where I’m going? I can’t 10 my station!” the old man said sadly.
1. A. a lot of B. a kind of C. a piece of D. a pair of 2. A. got B. left C. went D. moved
3. A. money B. clothes C. tickets D. things
4. A. had on B. went on C. got on D. passed on 5. A. a B. an C. the D. this 6. A. say B. said C. says D. saying 7. A. it B. this C. that D. ticket 8. A. when B. till C. before D. after
9. A. other B. the other C. the others D. another 10. A. forget B. get C. remember D. see
Key: 1. A 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. B 6. B 7. A 8. C 9. D 10. C
Once a lion(狮子) saw a fine young horse and wanted to eat it. But the horse was very 1 and he could not catch her. Then the lion had an 2 . He told the 3 that he was a good 4 and could do something for them. The horse was 5 , She understood 6 the lion wanted to do.
So one day when the lion was near the horse，she told him that there was 7 wrong with one of her feet and asked him to look it 8 . Of course, the lion was very glad to do so. Then the horse raised(抬起 ) one of his legs f rom the ground 9 the lion looked at her foot, she kicked him on the 60 . The lion fell to the ground. The horse laughed and ran away. 1. A. beautiful B. young C. careful 2. A. idea B. way C. answer 3. A. friends B. animals C. birds 4. A. doctor B. nurse C. teacher 5. A. sad B. afraid C. clever 6. A. what B. how C. where
7. A. nothing B. something C. anything 8. A. after B. over C. for 9. A. Before B. After C. When 10. A. head B. legs C. hands
Key: 1. C 2. A 3. B 4. A . C 6. A 7. B 8. B 9. C 10. A
Once there was a father and a son. They were ill-tempered (坏脾气的) and never gave way to 1 . One day the father decided to ask some friends to dinner in his house. He 2 his son to buy
some meat in town. When the son got what his father wanted, he turned 3 and walked towards the town gate. Just then a man was coming from the outside. The gate wasn’t 4 enough to let two men in and out at the same time. But 5 of them would give way to the other. They 6 straight face to face inside the gate hour after hour. But the father was worried. “What shall I do? My son hasn’t 7 yet. I can’t wait any longer.” He wanted to know what was the 8 with his son. So he left his friends at home, and he himself went to town to look for his son.
“You may first take the 9 home for my friends. Let me stand here against him 10 .” He said to his son when he knew what had happened. 1.A. one B. another C. other D. others 2.A. hoped B. told C. let D. wished 3.A. down B. over C. back D. off 4.A. long B. wide C. high D. narrow 5.A. either B. all C. both D. neither 6.A. stood B. went C. lay D. walked 7.A. gone B. bought C. returned D. been 8.A. wrong B. accident C. thing D. matter 9.A. meat B. dinner C. bread D. money 10.A politely B. instead C. safely D. kindly
Key: 1. D 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. D 6. A 7. C 8. D 9. A 10. B
1. Many of us are interested ________ music. We often listen to it while walking ________ the way home.
A. in; by B. at; in C. in; on D. at; to
2. —Which would you like to drink, coffee or orange juice?
—________. Please give me a cup of tea.
A. Neither B. Both C. All D. None
3. I like cartoons, ________ I didn‟t go to watch The Adventures of Tintin last week because of the test.
A. so B. and C. but D. or
4. —Would you like to go and have some coffee with me?
—I‟d like to, but my mother ________ me outside.
A. waits for B. has waited for C. waited for D. is waiting for
5. Jeff studied hard and got ________ grades than before.
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
6. —Can you tell me _________ the old people‟s home?
A. when they will visit B. when they visited
C. when did they visit D. when will they visit
7. —I feel a bit hungry now.
—Why not _________ for dinner with us?
A. go B. going C. to go D. gone
8. Tom got all A‟s _________ he spent most of his time studying.
A. if B. before C. because D. although
9. The boy checked his test paper in order to get full marks.
A. enough careful
C. careful enough B. enough carefully D. carefully enough
10. —Are these books _________, Dad?
—Yes. I‟m looking for them. Thank you.
A. yours B. his C. hers D. theirs
11. —Hello, is that John speaking?
—Sorry, he _________ to the library. May I take a message?
A. has been B. has gone C. will go D. was going
12. Jenny likes the new neighborhood because people here are _________.
A. friendly B. softly C. politely D. nicely
13. —Must I do all the housework, Mum?
—No, you _________. Just clean your bedroom.
A. mustn‟t B. shouldn‟t C. needn‟t D. can‟t
14. The man _________ his coat when he walked into the warm room.
A. took away B. took off C. took down D. took out
15. —My computer doesn‟t work. Can you give me a hand?
A. You‟re right B. It doesn‟t matter C. Thank you D. No problem
请认真阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出最佳选项。 I was in my parked car, holding a book and reading. Once in a while I looked up, watching the people passing by. When I raised again, I saw an old lady with a large bag , but also make her out of breath. She looked and I thought she must be more than 70 years old.
She stopped and put a hand out to rest against my car, gently closed her and took a deep breath.
Was there a way I could do for answers. However, because of my careless head movement, she noticed me, and moved her hand away from the car. I picked up a bottle of water at once, gently opened me, and then shook her head and walked away.
I was with myself. I should have been more careful not to move. Instead a hand, I had interrupted (打扰) the old lady‟smoment of rest. I was feeling blue. Just at that moment, I saw the lady coming back again. I opened the door and patted (轻拍) next to me. She sat down, opened her bag and offered me a banana. I took it and offered her the bottle of water again. She took it.
for a couple of minutes. Those minutes brought in the air, opened the car door and walked away.
I was trying to someone in distress (困苦). In turn, I became distressed and she took away my distress and replaced it with quietness.
16. A. hand B. arms C. head D. eyes
17. A. heavy B. large C. quick D. usual
18. A. sad B. tired C. hungry D. excited
19. A. bag B. door C. arms D. eyes
20. A. anything B. something C. nothing D. everything
21. A. paid B. cared C. asked D. searched
22. A. softly B. quickly C. strangely D. thankfully
23. A. looked at B. looked after C. listened to D. waited for
24. A. lonely B. angry C. worried D. surprised
25. A. holding B. taking C. giving D. showing
26. A. sad B. quiet C. magic D. proud
27. A. bed B. floor C. chair D. seat
28. A. slept B. talked C. rested D. listened
29. A. sound B. voice C. music D. note
30. A. believe B. call C. help D. change
Anna was excited about starting her first day in the new school. However, when she first walked past the students in the school, her excitement turned to fear, and then to loneliness over the next few days. “Why didn‟t anyone say „hi‟ to me or invite me to his or her lunch table? Is it because of my clothes or my hair?” she wondered. Almost every day during the first week, Anna stayed alone, thinking that there must have been something wrong with her or that nobody saw her at all!
What caused Anna‟s problem? The reason was that nobody knew her. Most people don‟t like talking with strangers. So it‟s your job to volunteer tknow. The easiest way to catch their attention is to notice them first. Make eye contact with them and smile at them. When you smile at them, you are doing your best to show your kindness to them, and they are sure to understand that you are saying, “Hey, how‟s everything going?” In this way, you are taking the first step towards the road to friendship.
When Anna realized this, she started talking to her classmates. Guess what happened? It really worked. She had made two friends by the end of the month.
In fact, saying “hi” or making friends with strangers is not hard. And the joy it brings you is really great. So try to open your heart to strangers!
31. What was Anna‟s problem?
A. She was afraid of entering a new school.
B. She had no friends in her new school.
C. She didn't like making friends with strangers.
D. Her classmates didn't like her clothes or hair.
32. Which of the following shows the change in Anna‟s feelings?
A. afraid→relaxed→nervous→happy B. happy→lonely→sad→proud
C. nervous→angry→happy →sad D. excited→afraid→lonely→happy
33. According to the writer, what is the easiest way to catch others‟ attention?
A. Noticing them first B. Talking to them
C. Doing something for them. D. Making yourself cool.
34. What can you learn from the passage?
A. Teenagers can't get along well with each other.
B. Loneliness is a common problem these days.
C. Opening our heart to strangers can help us get friends.
D. It‟s hard to take the first step towards the road to friendship.
A. Steve. B. Tomas. C. Jayne
36. Miko would feel bad if there was no _____________.
A. rain B. food C. family
37. How many of them mentioned that they would miss food?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three.
D. Jaime. D. music D. Four.
The webs that spiders (蜘蛛) build to catch
insects seem weak. However, the strength of spider
thread is greater than steel. Webs can even stand up
to very strong storms.
In each spider web, some threads are sticky (粘
的), but some are not. When a spider is moving on
the web, it will not step on the sticky threads. After a
time the silk will lose its stickiness and become
unable to catch insects. Then, spiders usually eat
their own web.
Now a team of scientists has worked out why the spider web is so strong. It is not just the strength of the thread, but the clever design of the web. The key to a web‟s success is its ability to keep its shape and strength even after some of the threads break, say scientists at the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The scientists found the thread itself has the ability to become softer or harder. So it can hold different types of heavy things.
In tests, scientists used three other strong materials (材料) made into the same webs. The spider thread was six times stronger than any other material. More surprisingly, when the scientists took away up to 10 percent of the threads from different places, the web didn‟t become any weaker. Actually, it became up to 10 percent stronger.
The spider web‟s clever design gives scientists many new ideas. The findings could help design safer buildings and even a new type of strong material. “It‟s a really good chance,” said Markus Buehler, a professor at MIT. “It may give us some new ideas for engineering.”
38. According to the passage, the spider web is strong because _____________.
a. the spider‟s thread is sticky b. the thread has a lot of strength
c. the web has a clever design d. the web can keep the strength forever
A. ab B. ac C. bc D. Bd
39. In paragraph 4, the scientists‟ tests show that _____________.
A. the spider‟s thread is stronger than the other three materials
B. the spider‟s thread is the strongest material in the world
C. the spider‟s thread can be as soft or hard as it needs to be
D. taking away some spider thread makes the web weaker
40. From the last paragraph, we learn that _____________.
A. people can use spider webs to build houses
B. the findings give people new ideas for buildings
C. there are many reasons why the spider web is so strong
D. Professor Buehler will make a new type of material
41. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage?
A. How spiders catch insects B. Spiders have strong webs
C. Spiders are clever designers D. Webs are stronger than steel
If the rose can be said to be a special flower, then the apple can be said to be a
special fruit. It is very important in American culture. American stories speak
of Johnny Appleseed, who went throughout America collecting apple seeds
and planting apple trees. He had a great love for nature and went through
fields and farms adding richness and beauty to the country.
One of the first sayings taught to school children is, “An apple a day
keeps the doctor away.” This short saying encourages children to eat fresh fruit
to keep healthy. If someone always says good words to a person, people will call him an “r, is not a good name. If someone is very dear to us, we say that he or she is the “apple of our eye”.
Most people believe that the fruit which Eve gave to Adam was an apple, even though the Bible (圣经) never says so. The apple, therefore, is a deep part of the language and stories of America.
An apple is also delicious. Apples can be cooked in many ways, used as a dessert, and made into sweet juice.
In many parts of the country during the harvest season, a popular activity is to go into an
apple garden to pick apples. Washington, D. C. and New York are both famous for their apples.
Finally, when it‟s time to take a vacation to American cities, one can always visit New York, which is “the biggest apple” of all the American cities.
42. Why was Johnny Appleseed so famous?
A. He had a great love of nature.
B. He liked the American people.
C. He went throughout the country.
D. He collected apple seeds and planted apple trees.
43. What does the underlined phrase “apple polisher” in Paragraph 2 mean?
A. Something for cutting apples. B. A person who likes to please others.
C. A person who is dealing with fruits. D. A machine for cleaning apples quickly. 44. Which of the following is TRUE with apples?
A. Apples are medicine.
B. Apples are the most important food.
C. New York is famous for its big apples.
D. The Bible says Adam was given an apple.
45. The passage is mainly about ___________.
A. apples in American culture
B. stories about the apple C. some famous sayings of the apple
D. big cities that is famous for apples
46. We should ask more people to go to work by _________ (自行车) to reduce the pollution.
47. Some schools offer free _________ (教育) to children from poor families.
48. The local library will _________ (let someone borrow something) books for free next year.
49. The ice is too _________ (not thick) to skate on, it‟s rather dangerous.
50. There has been no rain for over two months and the land is very _________.
51. The story tells us that the strange animal is the _________ son of the dragon.
52. The 70-year-old man was _________ ill and died a few months later.
53. In late autumn almost all the _________ turn yellow.
54. Students should be taught how to learn by _________.
55. In November 2010, the Asian Games took place in Guangzhou, a _________ city in China.
56. — Helen, I called you yesterday evening, but nobody answered the phone.
— Oh, I _________ a walk with my sister at that time.
57. The weather report says we _________ a fine day tomorrow.
58. — Why won‟t you go to the movie with us, Gina?
— Because I _________ the film twice.
59. Now my father _________ his bike to work every day instead of driving.
60. I‟m now in Nantong with my friend Tom. We _________ here by train.
61. He has to do some homework in the classroom before leaving school. （改为一般疑问句） ________ he ________ to do any homework in the classroom before leaving school? （对划线部分提问） ________ ________ will the family move to their new house?
63. People call the man “Wolf Dad” because of his cruel way of parenting. (改为被动语态)
The man ________ ________ ”Wolf Dad” because of his cruel way of parenting.
64. The reporter asked the girl, “Do you like your volunteer work?” (改为间接引语) The reporter asked the girl ________ she ________ her volunteer work.
65. Horses are larger than any other animals in this area. （保持句意基本不变）
Horses are ________ ________ among all the animals in this area.
Li Dong is a farmer. He has a very big farm. On the farm, he (66)g_______ oranges, grapes and bananas. Many people come to visit his farm. He is a successful young man and becomes very
In 2003, he went back to his hometown (68)a_______ he finished middle school. “What work can I do?” he said to himself. Then he had an idea. “I‟m (69)i_______ in farming. I can grow fruit!” He began to (70)w_______ many programmes on TV about growing fruit. He also read a lot of (71)b_______ about it. Then he went to work on Mr Wang‟s farm for two years. He
(72)l_______ a lot there.
In 2005, he started his own fruit farm. At that time, Li Dong‟s farm was small. But now, his farm is much (73)l_______. His fruits are very good. He sends them to many big (74)c_______ in China, such as Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou. He also grows vegetables and raises chickens on his farm. His family eats healthy food. He has a very happy (75
When Matty Sallin, 34, was studying art and technology at New York University, he got an interesting task for the final exam: Create something for the ordinary family. He decided to create an alarm clock.
“To get up in time, many people have to use an alarm clock every morning. But the sound of the clock is extremely noisy and unpleasant,” he says. So before he started to design the new clock, he asked different people what they‟d like to wake up to in the morning. A lot of them said, “The smell of bacon (培根肉)”.
So Sallin and his two classmates invented a new kind of alarm clock: a wooden box with a pig face and a digital (数码的) clock that uses the smell of cooking bacon to wake people up. He explains, “There‟s no danger of burning, because I built it carefully. It uses special light bulbs (灯泡）instead of a fire for cooking and turns off automatically (自动地) after ten minutes.” Just a few easy steps are required to set the “alarm”.
“What you do is to put a few pieces of bacon meat inside the box the night before, and then you set the alarm” says Sallin. “If you set the alarm for 8:00, it will turn on at 7:50 and slow cook for ten minutes under the bulbs. Then the bulbs turn off and a fan blows the smell out through the nose of the pig.
“So the pleasant smell of bacon will wake you up. There will be no more noisy alarms,” says Sallin. “Then you can open the door on the side and pull the bacon out and eat it.”
When Sallin was a kid, he spent a lot of time making drawings of inventions. “I wanted to make a lift in my back yard and a special tree house” he says. “But I never really thought I'd become an inventor!”
Sallin got an A for his alarm clock and went on to invent other things —but people continue to email him every day asking where they can buy his alarm clock. If he decides to produce and sell his special alarm clock, maybe he can build a successful business out of it.
76. What was Matty Sallin?
77. How many people worked together on the new alarm clock?
78. Why are light bulbs used for cooking bacon instead of a fire?
79. What do you think Sallin is going to be in the future? （请自拟一句话作答）
80. What do you think of the new alarm clock? （请自拟一句话作答）
I‟m glad to hear from you. I did a survey about vacation activities among my classmates. Here are the results.
_____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
If you have more questions, please ask me.
一、1-5 CACDB 6-10 BACDA 11-15 BACBD
二、16-20 CABDB 21-25 DBABC 26-30 BDCAC
三、31-35 BDACC 36-40 DBCAB 41-45 DDBCA
四、46. bike/ bicycle 47. education 48. lend 49. thin 50. dry
51. ninth 52. seriously 53. leaves 54. themselves 55. southern
56. was taking 57. will have 58. have seen 59. rides 60. arrived
五、61. Does, have 62. How soon 63. is called
64. if/ whether , liked 65. the largest
六、66. grows 67. famous 68. after 69. interested 70. watch
71. books 72. learned/ learnt 73. larger 74. cities 75. family 七、76. (He was) A college/ university student.
78. Because there is no danger of burning.
79. I think he is going to be a successful businessman./ a rich man/ a famous man/ an inventor./ …
80. It is a great invention./I like the new clock because I am fond of eating bacon./ I don‟t
think the smell can wake me up because I am a heavy sleeper./ …
Among the fifty students taking part in the survey, half of them stay at home, fifteen of them take part in some volunteer activities and the other students travel either in China or abroad.
As for me, I am going to volunteer my time to help others. First, I am going to visit an old people‟s home to cheer them up. I am good at singing and dancing, so I can put this love to good use by spending time with these elders. Helping children with their English at an after-school teaching center is also a good choice for me. English has always been my favourite subject and I am among the best English learners in my class. Not only can I take the chance to do something meaningful, but I can improve my own English by teaching others. I am sure I will have a busy and wonderful winter vacation. Xkb1.com
一、 选择题 （本题有30小题，每题 1分，共30分）
1. ---Could you tell me who invented _________ telephone?
---_________ Scotch scientist named _________ Alexander Graham Bell.
A. /, A, / B. a, The, / C. the, A, / D. /, A, an
2. The food ____________ good and ___________ well.
A. tastes, sells B. is tasted, is sold
C. taste, sell D. smell, sold
3. ---Have you finished your composition yet?
---No, I’ll finish it in ________ 15 minutes.
A. other B. more C. less D. another
4. The building was _____ a hero who laid down his life for the cause of the people.
A. named with B. named after C. named by D. named
5. The lady bought a new dress ___________ $500.
A. for B. at C. with D. about
6. In the dark street, there wasn't a single person _________ she could turn for help.
A. to whom B. who C. from whom D. that
7. He said that he would do_____ he could ____ you continue with your education.
A. what, help B. that, help C. what, to help D. that, to help
8. His father died and ________ him a lot of money.
A. gave B. left C. sent D. offered
9. If we had followed his plan, we could have done the job better with _____ money and ________ people.
A. less; less B. fewer; fewer C. less; fewer D. fewer; less
10. Are you going to attend the meeting ________ next week?
A. held B. being held C. holding D. to be held
11. ---Did you find your watch yesterday?
---No, I didn’t find __________, but I’ve bought_________.
A. it, it B. one, one C. it, one D. one, it
12. __________, Mother will wait for him to have dinner together.
A. However late is he B. However late he is
C. However is he late D. However he is late
13. I found her eyes ________ upon me sharply.
A. fix B. fixing C. fixed D. to fix
14. When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it ________.
A. breaks B. are broken C. were broken D. had been broken
15. ---Can he work out the maths problem?
---I think __________ hard for him to work it out.
A. it’s B. that’s C. this is D. they’re
16. ---Oh, I had a terrible toothache.
---You’d better _______ a doctor and have your bad tooth ____ out.
A. to see; pulling B. see; pulled C. seeing, pulling D. saw; pulled
17. ---What did the girl ask you?
---She asked __________.
A. how she can get to the railway station
B. whether I could help her to find her mother
C. who did I like best
D. where do I live
18. ---Let me help you carry the box.
---No, I can do it, but ____________.
A. not at all B. it doesn’t matter
C. thank you all the same D. the same to you
19. ---_________ will he be back?
---In a week.
A. How long B. How often C. How far D. How soon
20. ---Give the ball back to us. Can’t we play here, sir?
---Children ______ play football on the street. It’s dangerous.
A. mustn't B. needn't C. couldn't D. can't
21. His talk made me _______ in the modern music.
A. interesting B. to interest C. interested D. interest
22. He _________ around in the darkness, but he didn’t ________ anything.
A. looked; watch B. looked; see C. watched; see D. noticed; stare
23. I don’t think he is right, ___________?
A. do I B. don't I C. isn't he D. is he
24. If the Browns go to visit the Summer Palace, ______ if it ______ rain tomorrow.
A. so we will; doesn't B. so will we; doesn't
C. so do we; doesn't D. so will we; won't
25. ---I’m sorry I __________ my exercise book at home.
---Don’t forget _______ it to school tomorrow, please.
A. forgot; to take B. left; to bring C. forgot; to bring D. left; to take
26. ---The more English newspapers you read, _______ you will do in your English.
---Thanks a lot!
A. the better B. the more C. the well D. the good
27. Mary was looking at the photos that she ________ in Beijing.
A. was taking B. takes C. has taken D. had taken
28. The result of the experiment was very good, _____we hadn’t expected（预料）.
A. when B. that C. which D. it
29. ---What do you plan to do this weekend?
---I don’t feel like ______ such a long trip. I would like ________ at home.
A. making, staying B. making, to stay C. to make, staying D. to make, to stay
30. ---I’m terribly sorry I broke your glass.
A. That’s right B. Bad luck C. Sorry D. You can forget it
At first man did not know how to make a fire. Sometimes lightning（闪电） 31 a forest and started a fire. The people took some of the 32 to make a fire near their homes. A fire was very important for 33 reasons. It kept them warm. It frightened 34 . They did not attack 35 they saw a fire. Then another thing was discovered: If you cook food, it tastes 36 .
But man did not know the 37 to make a fire. When they had a fire, they did not let it 38 . If it went out, they could not start it again. They had to wait for 39 to start another fire! Sometimes they 40 wait for quite a few years.
Later they 41 how to make a fire. If you rub（摩擦） 42 of wood together, they become hot and burn. You have to rub them very fast. One way of doing it is to make a small〝 43 〞in a piece of wood. Pieces of wood 44 dry leaves are put into the hole. Then you put the end of a 45 into the hole. You rub the stick between your hands.
31. A. hit B. burn C. caught D. controlled
32. A.wood B.sticks C. fire D. light
33. A. two B. three C. four D. five
34. A. people B. children C. angry lions D. wild animals
35. A. when B. before C. unless D. until
36. A. even worse B. much better C. delicious D. terrible
37. A. person B. team C. way D. forest
38. A keep warm B. born quickly C. stop burning D. get burnt
39. A. lightning B. sun C. nature D. forest
40. A. should B. could C. had to D. may
41. A. invented B. were told C. heard about D. discovered
42. A. two kinds B. many kinds C. many pieces D. two pieces
43. A. hole B. line C. shade D. point
44. A. with B. and C. or D. but
45. A.tree B. knife C. stick D. metal
Dinner customs are different around the world. If you are a dinner guest in Ghana, this information will help you.
In Ghana dinner is usually from four in the afternoon to six in the evening. But there are no strict rules about time in Ghana. Whenever a guest arrives, a family offers food.
When you go to a home, the host takes you to the living room first. At this time everyone welcomes you. Then you go to the dinner room. There you wash your hands in a bowl of water. All the food is on the table.
In Ghana you usually eat with your fingers. You eat from the same dish as everyone else. But you eat from one side of the dish only. It is not polite to get food from the
other side of the dish. After dinner, you wash your hands again in a bowl of water. Most meals in Ghana have a dish called fufu. People in Ghana make fufu from the powder of some plants. Sometimes they cut the fufu with a saw because it is very hard and like rubber. You must chew fufu well, or you can get sick. You eat fufu with the fingers of your right hand only
46.In the fourth paragraph, the writer wants to tell us__.
A. what to eat in Ghana
B. how much time to spend on a dinner
C. the way of eating
D. different food at a dinner
47.If you are dinner guest to a family in Ghana, you’re first__.
A. told some strict rules about dinner
B. taken to the dining- room
C. taken to the living room
D. told to wash your hands
48. The word “chew” in the last paragraph means___
A. smell B. taste
C. press with your hands D. crush with your teeth
49. At a dinner you eat food from__.
A. the top of a dish
B. the other side of the dish
C. the dish only for you
D. just one side of a dish
50. In Ghana,___.
A. dinner is always at six
B. rules for dinner time are not strict
C. a family offers food only at four
D. you don’t have to wash your hands again after dinner
Forests have always been useful and important to man who make use of them in many ways. Every day trees are serving man everywhere. Trees supply man with fruits and building materials in the form of wood, without trees it would be impossible to build houses, boats, bridges and so on. Furniture such as desks, chairs and beds is made of wood, trees can stop man from terrible heat. They’re also useful in preventing good and rich top soil from being washed away during heavy rains.
If there were no trees, heavy rains would wash away the rich surface soil that is so important to plants. The result is that the land will become a desert. There are plenty of desert areas in the world. A long time ago these desert areas used to be very rich areas, but man in the past had no enough knowledge about science of nature, they cut down too many trees in the area where they lived and never planted new ones. By and by the rich surface soil was blown and washed away by strong winds and heavy rains. In the end the rich land changed into useless deserts where nothing could grow.
51. According to the passage, ____________ .
A. a long time ago, man didn’t know how to make use of wood
B. trees are not as useful as they were in the past
C. trees were more found in the past than they are today
D. people have always found trees useful
52. “Top soil” in the first paragraph means ________ and is _________.
A. useless soil; of no use for plants
B. soil on the surface of the earth; good for plants
C. soil found under the earth; found under the roots of trees
D. dry soil in the desert areas; bad for plants
53. Some deserts were once _________.
A. very good lands B. covered by ice
C. very cold D. dry and useless
54. If there were no trees, ________.
A. the land would become better B. heavy rains would be very clean
C. the rich soil couldn’t be kept D. there wouldn’t be no plants
55. From the passage, we know that man must _________.
A. do nothing to keep the balance of nature
B. take his best to prevent the balance of nature
C. try his best to keep the balance of nature
D. do his best to stop the balance of nature
56.The cheapest price for a single room is ______ in _______ in Boswell.
A. $12, First Hotel B. $12, Fairview Hotel
C. $30, Osaka Hotel D. $15, Orchard Hotel
57. If a Japanese traveler likes to eat in a French restaurant, _______ is the right place for him to go to.
A. 233 Edward Road B. 129 North Road
C. 222 Edward Road D. 1264 Venning Road
58. Which hotel is facing Orchard Hotel?
A. First Hotel B. Osaka Hotel C. Fairview Hotel D. No hotel.
59. If you want to eat Chinese food, you’ll go to the restaurant named _______ .
A. Fairview Hotel B. First Hotel C. Orchard Hotel D. Osaka Hotel
60.The number of the rooms in the best hotels in Boswell is ________ .
A. 120 B. 240 C. 450 D. 470
1-5 CADBA 6-10 ACBCD 11-15 CBCCA
16-20 BBCDA 21-25 CBDBB 26-30 ADCBD
31-35 ACBDA 36-40 BCCAC 41-45 DDABC
46-50 CCDDB 51-55 DBACC 55-60 BCADD
61-65 .presents .daytime. lost .stamp. ninth
66-70 .beginning famous colo(u)rs cleaner reading
71-75 .boating arrived spent pictures/photos lend
Last year, I went on a trip to England . I 71.___√___
arrived∧London in December, but I didn’t 72. ___in___
knew the way to my hotel, so I asked a man 73. ___know__
who was walked in the street. I spoke English 74. __walking____. very careful and clearly. But the man couldn’t 75. ___carefully__
understand me. I repeated my question ag\ain 76. _ ag\ain ______
several time and at last he understood. He 77. __times_____
answered but I must not understand him. 78. ___could____
My teacher never spoken English like that. The 79._____spoke_
man and I looked at ev\ery each other and smiled. 80.___ ev\ery _____
第一部分 英语知识运用 (共三大题，满分55分)
( ) 1. —Tony, why are you so glad?
—Oh, you know, there ___________ a football match tomorrow.
A. are going to have B. is going to be
C. is going to have D. are going to be
( ) 2. —This is no-smoking place. Can’t you see the sign?
—Oh, sorry. I ______ it.
A. haven’t seen B. won’t see C. don’t see D. didn’t see
( ) 3. — Please don’t be late for school again.
A. Sorry, I won’t B. Sorry, I can’t C. Yes, I won’t D. OK, I didn’t
( ) 4. — What do you her speech?
— She spoke for one hour but didn’t say much.
A. like B. think of C. think over D. think about
( ) 5. This is Lucy’s coat. Please .
A. give it her B. give her it C. give it to her D. give her to it
( ) 6. When is Children’s Day? — It is .
A. in June 1st B. on July 1st C. on the first of June D. at June 1st
( ) 7. The accident happened ______ a freezing winter morning.
A. on B. in C. at D. since
( ) 8. —I am so hungry now.
—When did you ______ breakfast?
— Four hours_________!
A. had; before B. eat; now C. have; ago D. ate; after
( ) 9. How your winter holiday?
—It great. But I tired now
A. was, was, am B. is , was, was C. is, is , am D. is, is , was
( ) 10. —______ you______ a meeting last Monday?
—Yes, and it ______ me three hours to get ready for it.
A. Were, have; spent B. Did, had; take
C. Did, have; took D. Were, had; spent
( ) 11. —How ____ is it from here Hefei to Beijing?
—It’s about two ____ flight.
A. long, hour’s B. far, hour’s C. long, hours’ D. far, hours’
( ) 12. Can you______ JiaoZi ______ English?
A. say, with B. speak, in C. say, in D. talk; in
( ) 13. Today is my daughter’s birthday. I bought a toy car him.
A. five; for B. fifth; to C. the fifth; to D. fifth; for
( ) 14. Granny looked for her book, but she couldn’t find it _____.
A. somewhere B. everywhere C. anywhere D. nowhere
( ) 15. —What did you ____ just now?
—I _____ you if you could follow me.
A. say, said B. speak, asked C. speak, said D. say, asked
( ) 16. When you leave, please all the lights.
A. turn over B. close C. turn off D. turn down
( ) 17. Someone the school gate now.
A. are waiting for B. is waiting for C. is waiting at D. are waiting at
( ) 18. —My grandma is ill, so I’m not going to the cinema with you. — .
A. It doesn’t matter. B. Are you going to look after her?
C. I’m sorry to hear that. D. Don’t worry.
( ) 19. —______ is the population of Beijing?
—There are about ____________ people in Beijing.
A. How much; twelve millions B. How many; twelve million of
C. What; twelve million D. How large; twelve millions of
( ) 20. Betty is a _____ girl and she does everything _________.
A. nice; good B. well; good
C. good; well D. well; well
Once, a king showed two men a large basket in the garden. He told them to fill it with water from a well. After they __21__ their work, he left them, saying, “When the sun is down, I will come and see your work.”
At last one of them said, “What’s the use of doing this foolish work? We can __22__ fill the basket.” __23__ man answered, “That is none of your business.” The first man said. “You may do as you like, but I am not going to work at __24__ so foolish.” He __25__ his bucket and went away. The other man said no word, and kept on carrying __26__. At last the well was almost __27__.
As he poured the last bucket of water into the basket, he saw a bright thing in it. He picked it up. It was a beautiful gold ring. Just then the king came. __28__ he saw the ring, he knew that he had found the kind of man he wanted. He told him to keep the ring for himself. “You __29__ so well in this little thing,” he said, “__30__ now I know I can believe you with many things.”
( ) 21. A. finished B. did C. began D. had
( ) 22. A. ever B. never C. easily D. no
( ) 23. A. The other B. Another C. One D. A second
( ) 24. A. anything B. something C. nothing D. everything
( ) 25. A. picked up B. put away C. took away D. threw away
( ) 26. A. water B. basket C. well D. work
( ) 27. A. full B. empty C. filled D. clean
( ) 28. A. While B. As soon as C. Before D. Since
( ) 29. A. have done B. will do C. do D. are doing
( ) 30. A. what B. why C. when D. that
Mr. Green was ill and went to the hospital. A doctor __31__ and said, “Well, Mr. Green, you are going to __32__ some injections, and you’ll feel much better. A nurse will come __33__ give you the first one this evening, and then you’ll __34__ get another one tomorrow evening.”
__35__ a young nurse came to Mr. Green’s bed and said to him, “I am going to give you your __36__ injection now, Mr. Green. Where do you want it?”
The old man was __37__. He looked at the nurse for a __38__, then he said, “__39__ has ever let me choose that before. Are you really going to let me choose now?”
“Yes, Mr. Green,” the nurse answered. She was in a hurry. “Where do you want it?” “Well, then,” the old man answered __40__ “I want it in your left arm, please.”
( ) 31. A. looked for him B. looked him over
C. looked after him D. looked him up
( ) 32. A. get B. give C. make D. hold
( ) 33. A. so B. but C. or D. and
( ) 34. A. must B. can C. had better D. have to
( ) 35. A. In the morning B. In the afternoon
C. In the end D. In the evening
( ) 36. A. first B. one C. two D. second
( ) 37. A. confident B. surprised C. full D. hungry
( ) 38. A. hour B. minutes C. year D. moment
( ) 39. A. Somebody B. Anybody C. Nobody D. people
( ) 40. A. with a smile B. in time
C. in surprise D. with tears in his eyes
A. What did you do yesterday? B. What are you going to do for your summer holiday?
C. Why are you going to Nanjing for holiday?
D. How long will it take to get there?
E. Are you going there by car?
F. The same to you !
G. Are you going to the famous Yu HuaTai?
A: ________41____ ___.
B: I am going to Nanjing with my parents next week.
B: No, we are going there by train.
B: It will take two hours to get there.
A: Oh, that’s not far away from HeFei! ___________44______________.
B: We are going to see my aunt there. She teaches in Nanjing University.
B: Yes, we will visit Yu HuaTai and many other places of interest.(名胜古迹) together. A: That’s great! Enjoy yourselves!
B: Thank you very much!
41.___ _____ 42.________43. ________44. ________45. ________
Actors and actress 385－399 Maps(colour) 517－528
Museums 454－469 Medical Development 492
Animals 493－496 Holidays 841－873
Art, famous 480－481 Plants, Rivers 108－109，114－115
Highways 131－141 National parks 747－749
Books, Best sellers 476 Countries 529－615
Discoveries and inventions 336－338 Passports 142－144
Environment 80－101 Population 616－619
Education 284－321 Postal information 1033－1039
Flags of the world 513－516 Sports 884－978
46. Where can you find the information on elephants?
A. On pages 517-528. B. On pages 529-615.
C. On pages 616-619. D. On pages 493-496.
47. If you want to know about Chinese film star Jackie Chan, where should you begin your search?
A. Postal information on page 1033.
B. Actors and actress on pages 385-399.
C. Environment on pages 80-101.
D. National parks on pages 747-749.
48. One who likes surfing can find the information about how to surf on pages .
A.141-144 B. 841-873 C. 884-978 D. 517-528
49. If you are interested in Thomas Edison, you may search .
A. Discoveries and inventions B. Art, famous
C. Population D. Education
50. You can find “Thanksgiving Day” on page .
A. 841-873 B. 108-109 C. 284-321 D. 513-516
You have a first name to tell you who you are. You have a last name to tell which family you are from.
But a long, long time ago, people didn’t have last names. They had to invent last names because there were too many Charlies, too many Roberts, and too many Marys, people started to ask, which Charlie? Which Robert? Which Mary?
So if a Charlie was a carpenter(木匠), he became Charlie Carpenter. If a Robert was a son of Peter, he became Robert Peterson. If a Mary lived near the woods, she became Mary Woods. This is the way that some last names started long, long ago.
Do you know what your last name means?
( ) 51. One’s last name can also be called the .
A. parent’s name B. brother or sister’s name C. family name D. second name
( ) 52. Long, long ago, people didn’t have last names because .
A. they didn’t know how to invent last names
B. they didn’t want to make their names too long
C. there was not a need
D. they were living in one big family
( ) 53. what was the first name of David Johnson’s forefather(祖先)?
A. David B. John C. Peter D. None of the three
( ) 54. Which of the following last names were invented by places?
a. John Smith b. Jack Long street c. Joe Hill d. Amy White
A. a, b B. b, c C. a, d D. c, d
( ) 55. Which of the following last names were invented by jobs?
a. Lily Wood b. Kim Jackson c. Bruce Hunter d. Nick Cook
A. a, b B. c, d C. b, c D. a, d
2.26-meter-tall Yao Ming made his NBA debut(初次登台)on October23, 2002 and got 6 pointsfor the Houston Rockets in the game. The next day, he got 13 points in another game.
Most people think that Yao Ming is a born basket-ball player. But Yao said, “When you watch it on TV, it looks very easy. But when you are playing in the NBA, it is really not so easy.” He asked that joining the Houston Rockets was a new start and a new challenge. “I hope that through very hard work I can make everyone happy and help the Rockets win more games,” he said.
Yao Ming speaks some English. Both he and his teammates can understand each other. They don’t think there is a language problem. While Yao Ming faces this new challenge, the people of Houston have shown great interest in him and they hope Yao Ming will bring new energy(活力)to the Rockets. The team has started having lessons to learn more about China, and many people who work for the Rockets have learned to speak some Chinese.
( ) 56. Yao Ming got13 points on October , 2002.
A.22 B.23 C.24 D.26
( ) 57. Yao Ming said that .
A. playing in the NBA was difficult B. it was hard to watch NBA games on TV
C. he was an NBA star D. it was boring to play basketball
( ) 58. The people of Houston hope Yao Ming will .
A. speak excellent English B. bring new energy to the Rockets
C. make NBA games easy D. face new challenge
( ) 59. From the passage we can know that Yao Ming .
A. will work hard for his team
B. made the highest score in his first NBA game
C. can’t understand his teammates
D. teaches the Rockets workers Chinese himself
( ) 60. The passage is probably .
A. an advertisement B. a notice C. a news report D. an instruction
Have you ever heard your own voice? “Of course,” you say.
Has anyone else ever heard your voice? Again you say, “Of course.”
But that’s not quite true. Nobody else has ever heard your voice—the way you hear it. When you talk, you set up sound waves(声波). The air outside your head carries the sound waves to your outer ears. But, of course, the sound of your voice begins inside your head. The bones(骨头) of your head pick up the sound waves, too. They carry the sound waves straight to your inner ears. You get the sound from the outside and the inside too. Other people get just the sound waves from the outside. That’s why they don’t hear your voice the way you do.
( ) 61. Sound travels in the form(形式) of __________.
A. bones B. air C. waves D. voice、
( ) 62. The sound of your voice begins ________.
A. inside your head B. outside your head C. in your inner ears D. in your outer ears
( ) 63. When you talk, other people hear your voice _______.
A. through the bones of your head B. from the outside
C. from the inside D. all of the above
( ) 64. The phrase “pick up” here means ________.
A. to raise B. to get C. to choose D. to pull
( ) 65. The passage is mainly about _________.
A. waves in the air
B. the way you hear your own voice
C. voice gets around far and wide
D. the different ways you and others hear your voice
66. Reading Harry Potter has become very popular _____(在„„之中)many students these days.
67. We can’t live _________(没有) food and drink.
68.How many _________ (图书馆) are there in your city?
69. We should help children and old people to c______ the road.
70. I will go to Hainan for my summer h______.
1-5 BDABC 6-10 CACAC 11-15 DBDCD 16-20 CCCCC
46-50. DBCAA 51-55 CCBBB 56-60. CABAC 61-65 CABBD
66. among 67. without 68.libraries 69. clean 70.holiday
Tomorrow is Tree Planting Day. It is warm. You will have no classes. We shall plant trees in the park. We will meet at the gate of our school at 8:00 in the morning and go there by bike. We will have lunch there. Please bring some water and food with you. Don’t be late.
The Headmaster Office
1. A. It’s cloudy. B. I’m fine. C. We can read.
2. A. It’s new. B. It’s cold. C. It’s black.
3. A. They are our friends. B. They are nine. C. They are running.
4. A. Yes, I did. B. No, I am not. C. Yes, I’m OK.
5. A. They are late. B. Good idea. C. We like hot dogs.
6. A. Yes, you did. B. It’s my pleasure. C. Don’t mention it.
11. When is Jack’s father’s birthday?
A. This Sunday. B. This Thursday. C. This Saturday.
12. What are they going to do for Jack’s father’s birthday?
A. They’re going to have a party. B. They’re going to have a picnic.
C. They’re going to have a big dinner.
13. What are the man and woman doing?
A. They are talking on the phone. B. They are having their summer holiday.
C. They are watching the weather report.
14. What’s the weather like in Sanya now?
A. Hot and dry. B. Hot and wet. C. Wet and cool.
15. Where are Mike’s family going to spend their holiday?
A. In Guangdong. B. In Guangxi. C. In Hainan.
16. Why hasn’t Amy done her Maths homework yet?
A. Because it’s too difficult for her. B. Because she Wants to wait for Daniel.
C. Because she wants to watch TV first.
17. Where are Daniel and Amy going to do their homework together after school?
A. At Daniel’s home. B. At Amy’s home. C. In the classroom·
18. When are they going to meet after school?
A. At four o’clock. B. At five o’clock. C. At six o’clock.
19. How much of the English project has Daniel done?
A. Most of it. B. None of it. C. A bit of it.
20. What are they going to do after they finish their homework?
A. They are going to watch TV. B. They are going to the cinema.
C. They are going to play table tennis.
21. How old was Liangliang?
A. 3 B. 4 C. 5
22. Where did Liangliang live?
A. In a big city B. In a small town. C. In the countryside
23. What was his mother?
A. A teacher B. A nurse C. A worker
24. What did the boy say to his mother?
A. I love you B. I’m
25. What kind of boy do you think Liangliang was?
A. Quiet B. Lazy C. Clever
26. I’d like some and .
A. porridge, vegetable B. broccoli, tomatoes
C. potatos, bananas D. French fries, orange juices
27. Lucy loves to ________jokes.
A. say B. talk C. tell D. speak
28. – I don’t like mutton beef.
– I don’t like mutton, I like beef a lot.
A. and, but B. and, and C. or, but D. or, and
29. — Don’t worry. You ______ plenty of time to decide. — Thanks a lot.
A. will give B. have given C. are giving D. will be given
30. — Which team will the Chinese football team play ______?
— The Korean team.
A. in B. on C. against D. at
31. Expo of Shanghai ______ Exposition of Shanghai.
A. looks for B. stands for C. makes D. spells
32. The earthquake in Sichuan destroyed many schools. But the government there has helped to ______ many new ones so far.
A. take up B. set up C. give up D. get up
33. His words ______ so I went outside at once without a word.
A. gets to me B. got to me C. got to him D. gets to him
34. Look! The trees are growing well. When ______?
A. were they planted B. do they plant
C. will they be planted D. are they planted
35. You should not put the glass_____the table. It may fall down and break!
A. on the edge of B. in the middle of
C. at the bottom of D. on the top of
36. — Have you ever read Triple Door (《三重门》)?
— Of course. It’s one of Han Han’s most famous ______.
A. work B. job C. works D. jobs
37. — Xu Beihong is known ______ a great Chinese painter.
— Yeah. He is famous ______ his horse paintings.
A. for; to B. to; for C. as; for D. for; as
38. —I want to be a doctor and work in Africa. Doctors _____ greatly there, I think.
A. need B. are needed C. are needing D. will need
39. There is ______milk in the bottle.
A. a little B. a few C. many D. a bit
40. ---What did the teacher say just now?
---She asked the students _________.
A. if they were interested in chatting online B. when was Albert Einstein born
C. what will they do with the computer D. how often do they go to the movies
Today I would like to introduce a good book. Its is Charlotte’s Web.
The book tells the story of a named Wilbur and a spider (蜘蛛) named
Charlotte. The story begins when 8-year-old Fern hears that her father is going to one of the baby pigs. Fern asks her father baby pig live. and gives it to Fern a pet. Fern names it Wilbur.
Wilbur lives with Fern a few weeks and then to her uncle. Fern him at her uncle’s farm as as she can, her visits decrease (减少) as she grows older, and Wilbur gets lonelier day after day. One night a(n) next day, he wakes up and meets his new Charlotte, a wise and loving spider.
When Wilbur is told that he is going to be killed and eaten at Christmas, he asks Charlotte for Charlotte’s Web has you like in it. It has friendship, love and caring. It is funny, serious, and sad. I’m sure you will love it.
31. A. name B. hero
32. A. girl
33. A. kill B. boy B. clean C. writer D. editor D. cat D. grow C. pig C. feed
34. A. to give B. to take C. to let D. to bring
35. A. believes B. agrees C. remembers D. forgets
36. A. with B. as C. about D. on
37. A. in B. after C. for D. until
38. A. is sold B. sells C. buys D. is bought
39. A. waits B. travels C. looks D. visits
40. A. late B. often C. soon D. early
41. A. if B. or C. so D. but
42. A. cold B. warm C. angry D. worried
43. A. teacher B. father C. mother D. friend
44. A. help B. money C. food D. fun
45. A. somebody B. everything C. nobody D. nothing
A. On the notebook B. In a map C. On the Internet. D. In a textbook
62. If you have an old book to sell, you will go to ______.
A. ―English books about Chinese culture for sale‖
B. ―Moving sale: Books, books, books‖
C. ―Beijing English maps‖
D. ―Second-hand books wanted‖
63. If you buy 50 English maps, how much money can you save?
A. ￥250 B. ￥150 C. ￥400 D. ￥550
64. What book can you find in ―English books about Chinese culture for sale‖?
A. Learn English in a Short Time. B. The Story of Silk Road.
C. UFO and Aliens. D. Do Business Successfully.
65. Where can a film lover find the popular film?
A. In ―Moving sale: Books, books, books‖
B. In ―DVD sale‖
C. In ―English books about Chinese culture for sale‖
D. In ―Second-hand books wanted‖
Jeff Keith has only one leg. When he was 12 years old, Jeff had cancer(癌症). Doctors had to cut off most of his right leg.
Every day, Jeff puts on an artificial leg(假腿). With the plastic artificial leg, Jeff can ride a bicycle, swim, and play soccer. He can also run. Jeff made a plan with his friends. His friends have plastic artificial legs, too. They decided to run across America. When he was 22 years old, Jeff Keith ran across the United States from the east to the west. He started running in Boston. Seven months later, he stopped running in Los Angeles. He ran 3,200 miles. Jeff stopped in cities on the way to Los Angeles. In every city people gave Jeff money. The money was not for Jeff, but for the American Cancer Society.
Jeff is disabled, but he can do many things. He is studying to be a lawyer(律师). Jeff says,―People can do anything they want to do. I want people to know that. I ran not only for disabled people. I ran for everybody.‖
51. Jeff’s right leg was cut off because he had_______.
A. TB（肺结核） B. a fever C. cancer D. a serious cold
52. From the passage we know that Boston is _______.
A. in the west B. half between the east and west
C. near Los Angeles D. in the east
53. It took Jeff _______ to run from Boston to Los Angeles.
A. about four and a half months B. over two hundred days
C. almost twenty weeks D. less than half a year
54. The underlined word ―disabled‖ means _______.
A. 优秀的 B. 劳累的 C. 残疾的 D. 无能为力的
55. The last paragraph(段落) tells us that _______.
A. people should give Jeff more money
B. people can do anything they want to do
C. some disabled men will become lawyers
D. disabled people also can run
Today we tell about Louisa May Alcott. She wrote one of America’s best loved children’s books. In 1868, an American publisher asked Louisa May Alcott to write a book for girls. At first, she was
not sure if she wanted to do it. She said she didn’t like girls.
However, she decided to write the book finally. She told about her experiences growing up in the northeast of the United States. The book was quite interesting. Little Women became one of the most popular children’s books in American literature. It was published in more than 50 languages. Alcott was born in Pennsylvania in 1832. The Alcotts did not have much money. She tried teaching, sewing(缝纫) and taking care of children. She did not like any of these jobs.
At the age of 16, she wrote her first book, Flower Fables. Her stories were exciting, but unreal. She sold them to newspapers and magazines for money.
The first volume (卷) of Little Women came out in 1868. It made Alcott famous and get a lot of money. She continued writing other popular books for young people. These books included An Old-Fashioned Girl, Little Men and Eight Cousins.
Alcott wrote many exciting stories about love. But she was single (独身的) all her life. She continued to help her family during the last years of her life.
56. Alcott grew up in the ______ of the US.
A. southeast B. northwest C. northeast D. southwest
57. ―One of America’s best loved children’s books‖ refers to (指的是) the book____.
A. Little Women B. Flower Fables
C. An Old-Fashioned Girl D. Eight Cousins
58. The first paragraph tells us that the article is about ______.
A. a famous children’s book B. a famous writer
C. how a book came out D. why a book is so loved
59. Alcott wrote her first book in ______.
A. 1832 B. 1848 C. 1850 D. 1868
60. From the article, we can learn ______.
A. Alcott was born into a rich family B. Alcott had a happy childhood
C. Alcott didn’t live with her family D. Alcott never married all her life
There are five children in these three pictures. They are Jane, Jim, Peter, Nancy and Dick. They are in the same class. Last Saturday morning, they did different things, and they were happy. Jane got up early and did some reading at home. When she read the book, her pet cat stayed with her. Nancy also got up early. She went running and played sports in the park with her pet dog, She likes getting up early and running in the park on weekends. What about the three boys? They went to the city sports club and played baseball there. They all had a good time.
56. Jane and Nancy got up early last Saturday morning.
57. Jane has a cute pet dog and Nancy has a pet cat.
58. Nancy likes running in the park on weekends.
59. Jim, Peter and Dick went to play baseball.
60. The three boys spent the Saturday morning in the park.
W: Good afternoon. Welcome to our restaurant. Here’s the menu.
V: Well, this is our first trip to Hainan. Would you please tell us something about Hainan
W: OK. We serve Wenchang Chicken, Jiaji Duck, Dongshan Mutton（羊） and Hele Grab (虾). V: That sounds good. Please bring us one Wenchang Chicken, one Jiaji Duck and one tomato
V: Hainan Shanlan Wine, I hear it’s sweet.
W: V: No, that’s all. Thank you.
I hope you’ll enjoy your dinner.
A. Could we have the bill?
B. They’re our four great dishes of Hainan.
C. What would you like to drink?
D. Can I take your order now?
E. Your order will be ready soon.
G. Would you like anything else?
I am ________ ________ the bus to the zoo.
He is ________ ________ ________ going home next week.
Heavy smokers take longer to ________ ________.
Now these children can go to school again ________ ________ ________ ________ Project Hope.
The British and the Americans ________ ________ speak the same language ________ ________ share a large number of social customs.
By midday，the sun was very strong．Jim was very tired 1．________
to walk．There were not some trees near the road，so he 2．________
rested by a big stone．After drink some water，he took off 3．________
his shirt，lied down on the ground and fell asleep at once． 4．________
He was much tired that he didn't wake up until the evening． 5．________
He was just about to jump when he felt something move 6．________
near his feet．He looked up and saw a long black snake． 7．________
Jim was too frightened not to move．The snake 8．________
began to crawl（爬）cross his legs．It crawled on and on 9．________
until it disappeared under the rock．Jim jumped to his feet，pick up his shirt and ran off down the road． 10．________
俗话说：―国有国法，家有家规。‖为了使子女身心健康、顺利成长，使家庭成员之间的关系更融洽、更和谐，每个家庭都会有这样或那样的家庭规矩。比如：必须按时回家，不准打电子游戏等。请你结合家庭的实际情况，根据下面的提示和要求，以―My Family Rules‖为题，写一篇短文。
提示：1. 家里有哪些家规；2. 对家规的感受；3. 对父母的建议。
要求：1. 必须包括提示内容, 可以适当发挥；
My Family Rules
1. What’s the weather like today?
2. What colour is your new sweater?
3. How old are the twins?
4. Did you send Jack the message this morning?
5. Shall we go fishing this Sunday?
6. I’m sorry about yesterday. I broke your pen.
7. He can drink one bottle of orange juice at one time.
8. I know that Peter is on the college football team.
9. This is the key to the teacher’s room, isn’t it?
10. The cook in white was cooking dinner at that time.
W: Jack, your father’s birthday is coming.
M: Really? When is it?
W: This Saturday.
M: Oh, what shall we do for him? Shall we have a party?
W: I’d like to go out to have a picnic.
M: That’s great!
11. When is Jack’s father’s birthday?
12. What are they going to do for Jack’s father’s birthday?
W: Hello! This is Mary speaking
M: This is Mike. How are you, Mary?
W: Fine, thank you.
M. What’s the weather like in Sanya?
W: It’s very hot and wet now.
M: Do you have typhoons?
W. Yes, we do. They usually come in summer, but they sometimes come in September and October, too.
M: Our family are planning to spend our summer holiday in Hainan Island.
W: Really? So we can see each other then
M: I think so.
13. What are the man and woman doing?
14. What’s the weather like in Sanya now?
15. Where are Mike’s family going to spend their holiday?
W: Hi, Daniel. Have you finished your Maths homework?
M: Not yet. I’m going to finish it tonight. How about you, Amy?
W: I haven’t started yet. I feel it’s too difficult for me. Can you help me with it?
M: Sure. I’m glad to help you. Why not come to my house after school? We can do our homework together.
W: That’s a good idea. I’ll arrive at five o’clock.
M: What about your English project? Have you done that?
W: Oh, yes. I’ve finished it. It was easy.
M: Oh, I’ve done only a bit of that. I’m having trouble with it. Maybe you could help me
W: Of course. We’ll help each other this afternoon. I’ll help you with your English project. Then you can help me with my Maths homework.
M: All right we can watch cartoons on TV after that.
16. Why hasn’t Amy done her Maths homework yet?
17. Where are Daniel and Amy going to do their homework together after school?
18. When are they going to meet after school?
19. How much of the English project has Daniel done?
20. What are they going to do after they finish their homework?
Liangliang was a five-year-old Chinese boy. He lived in a small town. He liked listening to stories and playing games. He was clever and ready to learn anything new. When he began to learn English, he became interested in it. He learned to sing the ABC song and count in English. One day when his mother, a nurse in a hospital, came home from work, he went up to her, looked up and said, ―Mum, I can speak English!‖ The mother was very happy and asked him to say something in English. Liangliang smiled and said, ―I love you!‖ His mother was so excited that she replied at once, ―I love you, too!‖ To the mother’s surprise, the boy said in a loud voice, ―I love you three! Four! Five…!‖
21. How old was Liangliang?
22. Where did Liangliang live?
23. What was his mother?
24. What did the boy say to his mother?
25. What kind of boy do you think Liangliang was?
Every time we have a spare piece of land, all we can think of building on it is yet another
center. Perhaps instead, we should be building libraries, theatres, museums, sports halls, public swimming pools, parks—the list is endless. We might even consider leaving that land alone. This is something that the center may have caused us to forget—in order to be happy, we must create as well as consume (消费).
( )1. What is the writer’s attitude towards shopping centers?
A. He likes them very much. B. He doesn’t like them at all.
C. He likes them only a little. D. He doesn’t like all of them.
( )2. Why do more and more shopping centers appear in some Asian countries?
A. Because economy in the world develops very fast.
B. Because shopping centers have attracted tourists all over the world.
C. Because people go shopping in large shopping centers all year round.
D. Because shopping centers have become an important part in everyone’s life.
( )3. What is the greatest disadvantage of shopping centers, according to the writer?
A. They don’t seem to make us happy.
B. They lead us to buy more and more things.
C. They force us to give up many other activities.
D. They have us fall into endless competition with others.
( )4. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. It is very easy for us to find a shopping center in a big city.
B. There are usually all kinds of services in a shopping center.
C. The government must be responsible for the writer’s sadness.
D. Besides shopping, there’re many other activities we can enjoy.
Never go into a supermarket hungry! This is a good piece of advice. If you go shopping for food before lunchtime, you’ll probably buy more than you plan to. Unfortunately, however, just this advice isn’t enough for consumers（消费者）these days. Modern shoppers need an education in how and how not to buy things at the store. First, you check the weekly newspaper ads. Find out the items（商品）that are on sale and decide if you really need these things. In other words, don’t buy anything just because it’s cheaper than usual! “New and Improved!” or “All Natural” on the front of a package influence you. Instead, read the list of ingredients（成分）on the back. Then compare prices; that is, you should examine the prices of both different brands（品牌）and different sizes of the same brand.
Another suggestion for consumers is to buy ordinary items instead of famous brands. Ordinary items in supermarkets come in plain packages. These products are cheaper because producers don’t spend much money on packing or advertising. The quality, however, is usually as good as the quality of well-known name brands. In the same way, in buying clothes, you can often find high quality and low prices in brands that are not famous. Shopping in discount（折扣）clothing stores can help you save a lot of money. Although these stores aren’t very attractive, and they usually do not have individual dressing rooms, not only are the prices low, but you can often find the same famous brands that you find in high-priced department stores.
Wise consumers read magazine ads and watch TV commercials（广告）, but they do this with one advantage: knowledge of the psychology（心理学）behind the ads. In other words, well-informed consumers watch for information and check for misinformation. They ask themselves questions: Is the advertiser hiding something in small print at the bottom of the page? Is there any real information in the commercial, or is the advertiser simply showing an attractive image? With the answers to these questions, consumers can make a wise choice.
( )5. Why does the writer suggest that you shouldn’t go into a supermarket hungry?
A. Because you may buy more than you plan to.
B. Because you may feel tired.
C. Because you may forget to buy enough things.
D. Because you may lose your way.
( )6. Before you decide to buy things, you should _____.
A. make sure whether they are on sale
B. consider if you really need them
C. examine the prices of different brands
D. read the words on the front of the package
( )7. The writer suggests consumers buy ordinary products because _____.
A. they come in plain packages
B. they are advertised on newspapers
C. they are both good and cheaper
D. the quality is better than that of famous ones
( )8. The main idea of the last paragraph is that _____.
A. ads and commercials sometimes tell lies
B. advertisers sometimes hide some information
C. good consumers never read ads and commercials
D. we should make good use of ads and commercials
( )10. All of the following books have children as their main characters except _________.
A. PETER PAN B. GONE WITH THE WIND
C. A LITTLE PRINCESS D. THE SECRET GARDEN ( )11. We can know from the passage that _________.
A. there are only three books with tapes
B. we can buy 5 kinds of the above books in bookstores
C. two of the books are written by Frances Hodgson Burnett
D. THE SECRET GARDEN is ￥5 cheaper in bookstores than online
( )12. If you buy THE SECRET GARDEN and PETER PAN online, you have to pay ______.
A. ￥30 B. ￥12 C. ￥50 D. ￥42
( )13. Mary brings the house and a long-lost garden back to life with the help of ________.
a. the power of hope b. friendship c. her uncle d. nature’s magic
A. a, b, c
II. Multiple choice.（10x1’=10’）
( )1. Where’s Lily? We are all here ___her.
A beside B about C except D with
B. a, c, d C. b, c, d D. a, b, d
( )2 ---Jane ,this new picture was put up on the wall yesterday.
----No wonder I ___it before.
A haven’t seen B hadn’t seen C don’t see D didn’t see
( )3. ---What do you think of Elise?
----She is a hard-working student .And usually she ___very long hours every day.
A has studied B studied C is studying D studies
( )4 ----When __your father ___back to Wuhan ? ----At about 9 o’clock this morning.
A does ; get B did ; get C has ;gotten D had ;gotten
( )5 ---Would you mind closing the door? ---_____.
A Yes ,please B I am sorry ,I won’t C No , not at all D No , I won’t
( )6---- I failed the exam again. I don’t know what to do.
----_______.Hope is always around you.
A Don’t be serious B . Never give up C . Don’t be relaxed D Never put down
( )7 ----How do you like Mount Huangshan?
---- Oh ,wonder . Its beauty is really out of _____.
A question B imagination C description D emotion
( )8----Have you watched the football match held yesterday evening in Xinhua Stadium?
----Oh ,yes Wuhan Football Team __the match by 3 to 1.
A beat B won C lost D defeated
( )9 -----Could you please tell me ____________? ------Sorry , I don’t know.
A how can I get to the station B when did he live in Wuhan
C who helps Jim with his Chinese D where is the nearest post office
( )10 ----What was he interested in when he was young ? ----He ____art while at school.
A sent up B took up C put up D got up
III. Cloze（10X 1’=10’）
“What do you dream to be?” A primary school teacher asked his student. Perhaps they have also been asked this question, even several times different Persons. As a human being, Dream is Dream to be a doctor, a teacher, a scientist, a football star. And so on. How wonderful!
Dream is a It will let you realize your future. Hundreds of years ago, some people looked into the and said, “ I want to fly.” Hundreds of years are flying in the sky all the time. Now, many college students to be Bill Gates, so they left school and all the time earning money. What a joke?
Roads to Rome, we should not see only the surface（表面）of things, we should see their
nature. Everyone has his own story, and all the stories are different. So our students and friends should make up their mind to have a splendid story for ourselves, not to dream to be With hard work, your dream will be realized someday. You can trust this.
( )1 . A. by B. with
C. after C. book D. among D. colorful D. dictionary D. sky D. passed D. wait ( )2 . A. hard ( )3. A. game ( )4. A. water ( )5. A. ago ( )6. A. planes ( )7. A. dream
( )9. A. at B. terrible B. goal B. hole B. after B. birds B. hate C. difficult C. library C. before C. seem C. over C. people D. satellites ( )8 .A. took B spent C cost D. pay for B. through
D. outside D. another ( )10. A. others B. other C. the other
IV. Fill in the gaps with words or phrases given in the box. (10X2’=20’)
1. Lily managed to support herself by working ______________ as a waitress.
2. Jane’s worried she won’t be able to __________ her paper on time.
3. The people who had been hurt in the car accident lay screaming in __________.
4. As a sailing ship has a __________, so we must have a definite goal in our life.
5. You will probably find Dave in the Disco--- he often ____________ there.
6. If your house has been broken into, don’t touch anything. Call the police ____________.
7. People who __________ litter in the streets should be fined heavily.
8. We __________ Ton’s age by getting his birth record.
9. If you look out of the window, you’ll see that we are now __________ the Tower of London.
10. I won’t get involved in a deal like this---it’s against all my __________.
V．Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words.（9X1’=9’）
1. The boy fell off the high tree but l____________ he wasn't badly hurt.
2. In China people usually eat m______________ on Mid-autumn Day.
3. He's a hard-working boy. He s____________ a lot of money on books.
4. Light travels much faster than s___________.
5. I saw two f___________ in the park yesterday. I think they came from the USA.
Many experts think that India's ___________ may be ________ than China's by 2020.
It's your _______ to be on ______ today.
What's ___________ over there? So many people are __________ round the gate.
Don't forget to _____ the door when you _____ home.
VI. Write sentences according to the requirements.（5x2’=10’）
1. I study for a test by making vocabulary lists. (划线提问)
_______ _______ you study for a test?
2. Amy used to have long hair. （改为一般疑问句）
________Amy ________to have long hair?
3. It took me two hours to finish my homework yesterday. （改为同义句）
I_______ two hours ________ my homework yesterday.
4. The weather is always warm in these places. I like them. （合并为一句）
I like the places _______ the weather _______ always warm.
5. We often use a key for locking doors. （变为被动语态）
A key____ often _____to lock the doors.
VII．Rewrite each sentence with the word or phrase in brackets. （3X2’=6’）
1.He seemed to be still anxious about his failure in the examination. (on one’s mind)
2.Her study so fully occupied her that she forgot to have dinner. (be lost in)
3.To my amazement, Bob left a well-paid job to travel around the world. (amaze)
__________________________________________________________________________________ IX. Word filling.（8X1’=8’）
As a middle school student of Junior Three, I do____1___one or two hours a day, such as doing morning exercise,____2____basketball, long-distance___3____and so on. I think it is very helpful to me.____4___exercise makes me healthier so that I won’t be__5_____very often. What’s more, I also get__6___relaxed in different kinds of sports, and then I do the job better in my study in high spirit. By doing physical exercise, I’m becoming___7____and more confident than before. I think it is necessary for everyone to spend some time ___8___ sports every day because people’s health is the first important in modern life.
1______________ 2______________ 3______________ 4______________
5______________ 6______________ 7______________ 8______________
I. 听力部分 （25分）
II. 笔试部分 （95分）
16. The underlined part in the word “ is pronounced as ______.
A. ∕t∕ B. ∕d∕ C. ∕Id∕
17. — Is tea ready?
— No, mother is ______ it ready now.
A. doing B. cooking C. burning
18. Alice had a wonderful time yesterday, ______?
A. hadn’t she B. wasn’t she D. ∕It∕ D. getting D. wouldn’t she C. didn’t she
19. ______ we deal with our problems, we can easily become unhappy.
A. Unless B. Until C. Though D. Whether
20. There are many people downstairs. What do you think ______?
A. to happen B. happening C. is happened D. has happened
21. — ______ is her daughter?
— The girl on the right wearing blue jeans.
A. Who B. What C. Which D. Where
22. I’m feeling much better now so you ______ call the doctor.
A. couldn’t B. wouldn’t C. can’t D. needn’t
23. I am thirsty. Could you let me have ______ coke?
A. little B. any C. some D. other
24. Remember to spend some time ______ your loved ones, because they’re not going to be around forever.
A. from B. with C. in D. on
25. Eton College in England was ______ in 1440 by King Henry VI to give free education to poor students.
A. cleaned up B. set up C. fixed up D. cheered up
26. You can’t wake a person ______ is pretending to be asleep.
A. who B. which C. he D. 不填
27. —I’m leaving now.
— ______ you turn off the lights.
A. To make sure B. Make sure C. Made sure D. Making sure
28. Many teenagers have hobbies. But sometimes these hobbies can get ______ of schoolwork.
A. on the way B. by the way C. in the way D. out of the way
29. — How long have you been collecting shells?
A. After I left school B. Before I moved here
C. When I went to the beach D. Since I was ten years old
30. — Will you be able to come and help us clean the room?
— ______, but I’m doing my homework.
A. I’d love to B. I hope not C. I do care D. I’m afraid not
About a week ago, when I was playing basketball at our local park, I noticed a small group of boys picking on a smaller, skinnier boy. They were him names and even pushed him to the ground and kicked dirt in his face. I saw that, I walked over to the group.
I stepped them and the smaller boy, and asked them politely what this boy had done worthy of they were doing to him. One of the boys replied, “He’s weird.” At that, I asked one of the boys if he thought his friend was weird, and the was “No.” So, I asked another boy what the word “weird” .” That was my cue(暗示). I told them that everyone is , and that they all looked just as different to the other boy as he did to them. They all stood for a moment, and then the most amazing thing happened. One of the boys helped the small boy off the ground and then said sorry to him. He to let him play with them.
I thanked the boy for being so . As I looked around, I realized that there were dozens of other people at the park no one else had stopped to help this boy. I felt happy that the
boy was strong enough to stand up against his friends to someone in need, but I felt sad that else had even taken a second look.
I hope that my action helped them that they could have made a difference with a little , and maybe next time they will be the ones who choose to help.
31. A. giving B. making C. calling D. telling
32. A. When B. Before C. If D. Though
33. A. against B. between C. beside D. with
34. A. how B. why C. whom D. what
35. A. guess B. sign C. problem D. answer
36. A. read B. proved C. meant D. wrote
37. A. different B. free C. important D. strong
38. A. angrily B. silently C. carefully D. happily
39. A. refused B. expected C. offered D. prepared
40. A. proud B. clever C. honest D. patient
41. A. or B. so C. and D. but
42. A. help B. stop C. love D. remember
43. A. someone B. anyone C. no one D. everyone
44. A. decide B. realize C. suggest D. agree
45. A. energy B. practice C. knowledge D. effort
When I was seven years old my mom was diagnosed(诊断) with cancer. The doctors told us my mom might be saved with surgery(手术). But it could also kill her. She chose to have it.
The day before the surgery I was off school, and my mom planned the best day of my life, everything I loved at seven and everything that would put a smile on my face. The day began with her waking me up saying, “Kate, I have a surprise for you. Come and see.” The surprise was a doll I had wanted for the longest time. Throughout the day, she told me everything that she thought I would need to know to grow up and be a good person; she told me to be the best I could be and that I would always make her proud. We had a picnic in the park, and it was so cold that we moved to the car. The day was filled with laughter. For the first time in a long time I could see she was really happy. I would never forget her smile, or the way her eyes shone as if we were the same age. It was the best day of my life, and I will never forget the conversations we shared.
best day of my life could be her last and this could be the last day I would remember with her, the last one we shared. I also understand how unselfish a mother is.
46. Who made the decision to have the surgery in the story?
A. The doctors. B. The patient. C. The writer. D. The patient’s family.
47. What did the writer’s mother do the day before the surgery?
A. She stayed at home to have a good rest.
B. She went to the doctor’s for advice.
C. She turned to her family for comfort.
D. She stayed all day with her child.
48. Why was the writer’s mother happy that day?
A. Because she left her child a special memory.
B. Because she realized her child had grown up.
C. Because she was proud of what her child had done.
D. Because she expected the surgery to be successful.
49. The underlined sentence in the last paragraph suggests that ______.
A. her mother was ill again B. the surgery was unsuccessful
C. her mother was getting better D. the surgery was simple
50. Which of the following words best describes the writer’s mother?
A. Hardworking. B. Famous. C. Rich. D. Great.
Germs(细菌) are everywhere. You can’t see them, but they are on your desk, on your computer, and even in the air!
Like people, germs move around the world. They fly with us on planes. When food, clothes, and other things travel around the world, germs travel, too. Some germs are safe, but some are dangerous. Germs cause illnesses like colds and the flu.
Warmer Weather Brings Germs
The world’s weather is changing. Cooler countries are getting warmer, so insects from hot germs cause headaches, fever, and can even kill people.
Under Your Skin
Your skin protects you from germs. It stops some germs, but not all. They can enter your body when you eat, or when you have a cut. Germs are on your hands, too. They enter your body when you touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Your immune system(免疫系统) protects you, too. When germs get inside your body, your immune system finds and kills them. Special cells(细胞) move around your body and fight germs.
They help you stay healthy. Other cells make antibodies. Antibodies help your body find and stop germs.
What can you do to fight germs? You should wash your hands with soap and water. Soap kills many germs, and water washes them away.
51. According to the text, insects ______.
A. kill germs B. carry germs C. protect germs D. love germs
52. The underlined word “there” refers to ______.
A. cooler countries B. hot countries C. everywhere D. the world
53. Which of the following is right according to the text?
A. All germs are dangerous. B. There are more germs in cold places.
C. Soap can kill all germs. D. Germs can get into your body.
54. What do antibodies do?
A. They kill germs and wash them away. B. They find and develop germs.
C. They help protect us from germs. D. They carry dangerous germs.
55. Which can be the best title for this text?
A. Germs Are Everywhere B. Weather Is Changing
C. Skin Stops Germs D. Germs Are Developed
第二节：五位母亲Betty, Sara, Gina, Mary和 Alice打算为各自的孩子选择一所合适的学校。请仔细阅读第56—60题中的个人情况说明，从A到F的六个选项中，选出符合各人要求的最佳选项，其中一项为多余选项。
56. Betty has a six-year-old daughter. She wants her to be a musician when she grows up, so she is looking for a famous music school for her.
57. Sara’s son is 10 years old. He is interested in water sports. He said that he hoped to be a sailor in the future.
58. Alice learned to dance when she was young. Now she is a successful dancer. She wants her little daughter to follow her steps.
59. Mary is always worried about her daughter, who is poor at math and English at school, so she is looking for a training centre to help her daughter.
60. Gina has a son who is a football fan. He knows about almost all the well-known football
Parents always think their babies are very special. They want others to their children. For this reason, they sometimes give their children unusual . They may choose names such as Chelma, Ukiah, Brianna, or Elvira. There are some advantages to this practice. A child who is an uncommon name may feel special from childhood. we remember people with unusual names
than we remember people with ordinary names.
, unusual names can cause problems. They can be hard for teachers and friends to
pronounce. They can also be hard to spell, computers may automatically(自动地) change them. For example, Jule may become July. Some people may have a bad impression on an unusual name they even meet the person. of all, other children sometimes don’t like kids with uncommon names. The message for parents is, “Think before you give your child an unusual name.”
71. Be careful. There is a wine b_______ on the table. You might break it.
72. The number after twenty-nine is t________.
73. Have you e________ been to the Great Wall?
74. It’s dangerous to d________ a car after you get drunk.
75. Your parents are your f________ and mother.
76. If a dream comes t________, it actually happens.
77. W________ is the coldest season of the year.
78. When snow f________, it comes down from the sky.
79. It’s best to water plants either e________ in the morning or late at night.
80. We don’t go to the c________ much for movies because we have a video.
1. A 2. C 3. A 4. C 5. B
6. C 7. C 8. B 9. A 10. B
11. B 12. C 13. B 14. A 15. A
16. B 17. D 18. C 19. A 20. D 21. C 22. D 23. C 24. B 25. B 26. A 27. B
28. C 29. D 30. A
31. C 32. A 33. B 34. D 35. D 36. C 37. A 38. B 39. C 40. C 41. D 42. A
43. C 44. B 45. D
46. B 47. D 48. A 49. C 50. D 51. B 52. A 53. D 54. C 55. A 56. D 57. A
58. F 59. E 60. C
61. notice 62. names 63. given 64. Also 65. better 66. However 67. and
68. before 69. Worst 70. twice
71. bottle 72. thirty 73. ever 74. drive 75. father 76. true 77. Winter 78. falls
79. early 80. cinema
经济管理 职场励志 两大类热门资源免费畅读 续费一年会员，立省24元！
新闻网页贴吧知道音乐图片视频地图百科文库 搜 一个：很高兴见到你 试试 帮助 全部 DOC PPT TXT PDF XLS 百度文库教育专区初中教育中考上传文档支持以下设备:扫二维码下载AndroidiPhoneiPad扫描二维码下载
支持Android / iPhone / iPad
1. A. Thank you
B. Yes. Please
C. All right
2. A. It's beautiful
B. It's cheap
C. It's yellow
3 . A. I'm thirsty
B. It's very hot
4. A. It doesn't manor
B. That's fine
C. You're welcome
5. A. I walk to school
B. About 3 miles
C. It's not very far
6 . A. Films
7. A . 9:10
8. A. Tea
9. A. She loves them
B. She can’t stand them
C. She doesn't mind them
10. A He has a sore throat
B. He has a headache
C. He has toothache.
A. He is a worker
B. He is an actor
C. He is waiter.
13. A. Because he needs money for vacation.
B. Because he wants to buy something
C. Because his teacher asks him to do so.
14. A. 11
15 . A. At home
B In a supermarket
C. In a restaurant
16. A . My cousin
B. My father
C. My uncle
17. A. By bike
B On foot
C By bus
18. A. Because he had to look for his newspapers every morning.
B. Because the paperboy forgot to send him file newspapers
C. Because the newspapers were not interesting recently
19. A. A soccer ball player
B. A tennis player
C. A basketball player.
20. A. In the bag
B. In the basket
C. On the floor
Tina, are you going to play chess on School Day'?
Yes, and VII also play
A the; tile
B tile; /
22. The two kids practice spoken English_________ joining the English club
23. I guess Peter and his sister Sally enjoyed _______ at the dancing party
24. I think computers are very useful. They can help us get much__________ on
25. Several years ago, __________
people knew Yao Ming. But now he is well-known all over
the world, not only in China.
Let's go shopping at tile new mall.
Why not shop online?
B more expensive
C. less expensive
D the most expensive
_________ do you hang out with your friends?
Once a week
A. How long
B. How many
C. How soon
D How often
Could you help me do tile dishes?
Sorry, my sister outside now
A . waits
B. will wait
29. The peaceful music in the CD made the students __________ relaxed.
D to feel
30 Tony_______ to take part in the talk show on CCTV
3 the day before yesterday
C is invited
D was invited
She's never spoken to a foreigner, ?
Yes She's active and can speak English freely
B has she
C isn't she
D hasn't she
Where is Mr Black'? I have some
thing important to tell him
You can't find him. He ___________Hong Kong
A. will go to
B. would go to
C. has gone to
D. has been to
A number of volunteers __________ willing to teach in China's rural areas
Yes, the number is getting__________.
A is; bigger and bigger
B. are; bigger and bigger
C is; more and more
D are; more and more
I wonder if the psychologist will come to our school this weekend
If he__, we will be very excited
C will come
35. Every year a lot of tourists travel to Hainam, because it's ________island
A . so a beautiful
B. so beautiful
C such a beautiful
D. a such beautiful
36. Though the old man didn’t have enough money, _________ he gave a thousand yuan to the
37. Lee________ all night in order m watch tile football match between France and Italy.
A put up
B stayed up
C got up
D showed up
Do you know___________ London for the 30
A. when they visited
B. when will they visit
C . when did they visited
D. when they will visit
39 His parents found _____________to tell him everything that had happened.
A it necessary
B that necessary
C it is necessary
I think sixteen
olds should be allowed to drive.
____________. They aren't serious enough.
A I agree
B I disagree
C I think so
D That's right
birthday, Mrs Green were shopping She got on a
and sat down next to an old lady After
a while, she noticed that the old lady's bag was
), and it was exactly like
her husband had given her.
She quickly looked
her own bag and found
the notes were gone. Mrs Green was her
have stolen them. She thought she would not call
with people. So
money from the lady's handbag and say
about it . She looked around the bus to make
sure nobody was watching. Then she
put her hand into tile old lady's handbag, took out
put them into her own bag.
When she got home that evening, she showed her husband the beautiful hat she had bought.
Time: ll:00a m
7:00pm, from Monday to Friday
across flora Yucai School )
51. Children can’t learn _________ in Little Sun.
52. Mrs King can send her daughter Lucy to Little Sun except___________.
A 6:00 p. m. on Friday
7:00 a. m. on Wednesday
C 11:00 a. m. on Tuesday
D 12:00 a. m. on Monday
53 Little Sun will be open for ____________in a work.
A. 4 hours
B. 8 hours
C. 20 hours
D. 40 hours
54. Litter Sun is ____________.
A across from the post office
B between Yucai School and the post office
C on Xinhua Road, Moon City
D. between Xinxin Bookstore and Yucai School
55. Who can have fun and learn in Little Sun?
A. Mike, a school boy of 15
B. Mary, a seven
C. Cathy, an experienced teacher
D Linda, a retired doctor.
smiled and t
hought of how my life had changed since we had last met.
It all started when I notice her at a party in a friend's house m
any years ago. I followed her
to the dining room and started talking to her about the food. __ for the first time.
A at a parly
B at school
C in his house
D in the restaurant
57 During their first talk, the writer_______________.
A showed Jane how rich he was
B told Jane how much he loved her
C showed Jane how to cook a dish
D told Jane he was good at cooking
58 Jane didn't find out the truth until_________________.
A someone rise told her about it
B the writer himself told her about it
C she happened to find the delivery boxes
D she tasted the food the writer had cooked
59 The writer became the owner of a restaurant because_________________.
A his friend helped him a lot
B he learned his lessons and worked hard
C he had an experienced cook there
D Jane had joined him in the business
60 Which of the following sentences is TRUE according to the passage?
A The writer's life changed a lot after the date.
B The writer worked as a waiter in his friend's restaurant.
C Jane was tall with black hair and bright blue eyes.
D. Jane often had dinner in the writer’s restaurant.
you have seen this in schools: some students are studying nearly air the time but
they just pass their exams, while some others may spend much less time on their books but do
much better ill exams. How could this happen? People used to think that hard wor
k is the only
way to success, but now they have understood that smart work can make them succeed, too.
answers to these questions,
荆楚教育打开链接 | 复制 | 搜索 | 翻译 | 百科 | 分享 | 二维码文字已复制分享至： × 5 财富值限时！免财富值下载到手机/8
1. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. The weather. B. The food. C. The time.
2. Where are the two speakers probably talking?
A. In a shop. B. In a hospital. C. In a library.
3. Whose is the watch?
A. Tony’s. B. Betty’s. C. John’s.
4. What is Linda’s mother?
A. A doctor. B. A driver. C. A teacher.
5. When will there be a school concert?
A. On Thursday evening. B. On Friday evening. C. On Saturday evening.
6. How often does Peter go swimming?
A. Once a week. B. Twice a week. C. Three times a week.
7. With whom does Peter usually go swimming?
A. His friend. B. His father. C. His brother.
8. What does the man want to buy?
A. Trousers. B. Socks.
9. What colour does the man like best?
A. White. B. Black.
10. How much money does the man spend?
A. $50. B. $15. C. Shoes. C. Blue. C. $11.
11. Where is Helen from?
A. England. B. America.
12. What subject is Helen interested in?
A. Chinese. B. Maths.
13. When will Helen visit China?
A. This June. B. This July.
14. How will Helen go to Beijing?
A. By plane. B. By ship.
15. Why does Helen like New York best?
A. Because it’s both big and modern.
B. Because it’s both old and beautiful.
C. Because it’s both modern and beautiful. C. Japan. C. History. C. This August. C. By train.
16. The underlined letter ― i ‖ in the word ―______‖ has a different pronunciation from the other three.
17. Li Na is one of ______ most popular tennis players in China.
A. a B. an C. the D.不填
18. There ______ many students on the playground at the moment.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
19. Steve Jobs was born ______ 1955 and died last year.
A. on B. to C. at D. in
20. Tony is only four years old, ______ he draws very well.
A. but B. so C. or D. and
21. --Ssh, be quiet! The baby ______ in the next room.
A. sleeps B. slept C. is sleeping D. was sleeping
22. --Excuse me, _____ can I get to the nearest bookshop?
--Go along this road and you will find it on your right.
A. why B. where C. when D. how
23. In July, 2012, the 30th Olympic Games ______ in London.
A. will be held B. be held C. is held D. was held
24. –What a hot day! I am a bit thirsty.
--Would you like some ______?
A. noodles B. meat C. water D. bread
25. --Jenny, would you please ______ my dog when I am away?
A. look up B. look in C. look at D. look after
26. We will go for a picnic if it ______ tomorrow.
A. doesn’t rain B. wasn’t rainy C. won’t rain D. wasn’t raining
27. --What are you looking for ?
--I’m looking for the pen _______ my father gave me last week.
A. who B. which C. whose D. whom
28. --What do you think of the 3D film the Titanic last night?
--It was____. I enjoyed it a lot.
A. boring B. wonderful C. strange
29. --Can you tell me ______?
--He is in the library.
A. where was Jack B. where Jack was C. where is Jack
30. –Sally, I am going to Shanghai tomorrow.
A. Well done B. With pleasure C. Have a good trip
Amy was a little girl. She lived near a fruit shop in the village. The shop was by Mr. Smith.
One day Mr. Smith said to Amy, ―Would you like to earn (赚) some money? ‖
―Oh, yes,‖ replied she, ―for I want some new shoes, and dad has no to buy them with.‖
―Well, Amy,‖ said Mr. Smith, ―there are some fine in Mr. Green’s garden, and he said that anybody was welcome to them. I will you thirteen cents (美分) a kilogram for all you will pick for me.‖
Amy was so that she decided to go to pick the grapes as soon as possible. She ran home to get a at once.
Then she thought she would like to know how much money she would get she
the help of her pencil, she found out that she would get sixty-five cents.
―But supposing I should pick twelve kilograms,‖ thought she, ― should I earn then?‖ ―Dear me,‖ she said, after figuring (计算) a while, ―I should earn one dollar and cents.‖
Amy then found out what Mr. Smith would pay her for fifty, a hundred, and two hundred
kilograms. It took some time to do this, and then it was so near lunch time that she had to at home until afternoon.
As soon as lunch was , she took her basket and to the garden. Some boys had been there before lunch, and all the fine grapes were picked.
As she went home, she what her teacher had often told her—―Do your task at once; then think about it,‖ for ―one doer is worth a hundred dreamers.‖ D. terrible D. where Jack is D. Not at all
31. A. kept
32. A. idea
33. A. apples
34. A. cost
35 A. sad
36. A. box
37. A. until
38. A. With B. found B. use B. bananas B. pay B. worried B. basket B. although B. Under C. made C. money C. grapes C. spend C. interesting C. bag C. if C. In D. sold D. place D. pears D. take D. happy D. bottle D. whether D. On
39. A. how long
40. A. fifty-six
41. A. him
42. A. pick
43 A. over
44. A. returned
45. A. talked about B. how often B. sixty-five B. her B. cry B. away B. hurried B. talked with C. how many C. thirteen C. me C. make C. up C. sent C. thought of D. how much D. thirty D. us D. stay D. off D. belonged D. thought over
Please help me to find our cat.
His name is Fluff and he’s a Persian cat.
The photo is an old one--Fluff is bigger now.
Fluff went missing from our home
on Christmas Day of 2011. If you find him,
please phone me at 91843568.
I’m Jack Lim and my address is:
32 Lavender Lane, Singapore 532981.
Reward for finding Fluff: $ 50.00
46. The name of the cat is ______.
A. Persian B. Fluff C. Lavender D. Jack
47. If you find the cat, you can call its owner at ______.
A. 532981 B. 918435 C. 91843568 D. 84356891
48. This passage is most probably from a ______.
A. map B. dictionary C. guidebook D. newspaper
Tom was a helpful boy. Every Sunday morning, he walked to the newspaper kiosk (报刊亭) at the supermarket to buy a newspaper for his dad. He liked to leave the house early as it was more peaceful then, with fewer cars in the streets.
One Sunday morning, when Tom arrived at the supermarket, he saw his neighbour, old Mrs. Jackson. She was choosing apples at the fruit shop. Tom greeted her and then went to get his newspaper.
As he was leaving, Tom saw Mrs. Jackson walking in front of him. Her bag looked very heavy. ―Would you like me to carry that for you, Mrs. Jackson?‖ Tom asked.
―What a helpful boy you are, Tom! Thank you. It is heavy,‖ she replied. Tom’s hand and dropped on the hard road!
―Oh, no!‖ cried Tom. ―The fruit will be squashed (压扁).‖
Mrs. Jackson looked into the bag. ―Yes, the fruit does look a bit squashed. But don’t worry, Tom. I like fruit juice. I’ll just make juice instead. Call at my house this afternoon. We’ll have some delicious cold fruit juice together!‖ she said with a wide smile.
49. Tom went to the newspaper kiosk every Sunday morning to buy a newspaper for ______.
A. his dad B. his mum C. his neighbour D. himself
50. Mrs. Jackson was ______ when Tom arrived at the supermarket.
A. reading a newspaper B. buying some apples
C. carrying a big basket D. making some juice
51. The underlined sentence ―‖ in the passage means ______.
A. the bag became heavier and heavier on their way home
B. Tom was strong enough to carry the bag easily
C. Tom was tired and didn’t want to carry the bag any more
D. the bag was so heavy that Tom couldn’t carry it easily
52. We can infer (推断) from the last paragraph that Mrs. Jackson will ______ in the afternoon.
A. buy some delicious juice for Tom
B. sell the squashed apples to others
C. ask Tom to make some juice for her
D. make some juice and share it with Tom
The British are famous as animal lovers, and in a nation of about 60 million people, there are about 27 million pets! The most popular pets are dogs and cats.
Many British people say that the main reason they have a pet is to keep them company (陪伴他们). According to a recent report, 60% of people who live on their own have a pet as company. A lot of pet owners treat their pet just like one of the family. Many cat owners make holes in their doors so their cats can come and go as they please. Dog owners spend a lot of time walking their dogs. about breaking into (闯入) a house if they could hear a large dog barking inside. Some people choose their pets because of their beauty. The most beautiful animals can win prizes at pet shows!
In the UK, some pet owners think that nothing is too good for their animal! Some people take their pet to the animal doctor more often than they visit their own doctor. They might even take a day off work to care for a pet when it is sick. Many people talk to their pets, and some talk to them over the telephone. And of course, they mustn’t forget to celebrate the animal’s birthday!
53. According to the passage, the number of the pets in the UK is ______ million.
A. more than 16 B. about 27 C. more than 36 D. about 60
54. The main reason the British have a pet is to ______.
A. win prizes at pet shows B. protect the houses
C. keep them company D. go for a walk with them
55. The underlined expression ―‖ in the passage probably means ―_____‖ in Chinese.
A. 竭尽全力 B. 想方设法 C. 念念不忘 D. 三思而行
56. From the last paragraph we know that some pet owners in the UK think their pets are ______.
A. important B. dangerous C. successful D. beautiful
The Venus flytrap is a kind of meat-eating plant. It grows in very few places, such as wetlands near the coast of North Carolina in America.
The Venus flytrap is not a large plant. It grows to be only about a foot tall. The plant has white flowers in the spring, but it is the plant’s leaves that make it so interesting. The ends of the leaves 带小硬刺的可折叠部分). These are the plant’s ―traps (捕捉器)‖.
What does the Venus flytrap eat? As you might guess, the Venus flytrap eats flies (苍蝇). It also eats spiders, ants, and crickets. The Venus flytrap makes most of its food with sun, air, and water, just like other plants. Living things just give it extra nutrition (营养) to grow well in wetlands.
How does this plant trap and eat living things? The Venus flytrap uses a sweet liquid (液体) to attract its food. When a fly lands on one of the plant’s open traps, hairs on the surface make the trap closed. As soon as the trap closes, the fly is dinner!
If you want to have your own Venus flytrap at home, you have to buy the plant from a special place. You can’t take a Venus flytrap from where it grows! There are laws about taking it out of the wild.
57. According to the passage, where does the Venus flytrap grow?
A. In the wetlands. B. In the desert. C. In the rocks. D. In the sea.
58. About the Venus flytrap, which of the following is true?
A. It is a large plant. B. It only eats spiders.
C. It has white flowers. D. It can fly in the sky.
59. According to paragraph 4, which is the right order of the following sentences?
a. The trap of the Venus flytrap closes.
b. A fly lands on one of the plant’s open traps.
c. The fly is kept in the trap as the food of the plant.
d. The Venus flytrap uses a sweet liquid to attract its food.
A. d-b-a-c B. a-b-c-d C. b-d-a-c D. d-b-c-a
60. Why can’t you take a Venus flytrap from the wild?
A. Because the plant may hurt you.
B. Because it is against the laws.
C. Because the plant is dangerous.
D. Because there are shops selling it.
When you stay away from your home for a long time, you start to miss your good old bed, your good old parents. Believe it or not, you’re feeling homesick (想家的). You can help yourself to feel less homesick. Here’s how:
●If you’re going away from home, bring your favourite pajamas (睡衣). You can also bring some pictures of the people who you may miss. You can look at them any time you want.
●The busier you are, the less time you’ll have to feel homesick. Spend your free time on music, sports or books. Try to join in activities wherever you are.
●You can make a plan for when you’ll call your mum or dad. You can also keep in touch with family and friends by emails or text messages.
●Sometimes, telling someone that you’re feeling a little homesick will help you feel better. Maybe you can tell a friend that you feel homesick and the two of you can do something fun. 从A、B、C、D中选择正确的选项作为文章第2~5段的小标题，并填入第61~64四个空格中。 ．．
61. 62. 63. 64. A. Keep yourself busy B. Tell someone your feelings
C. Stay in touch D. Bring something familiar with you
65. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. How to stay away from home B. How to do something fun
C. How to feel less homesick D. How to miss your home
sheep, slow, listen, famous, first
66. The story Snow White is exciting and children enjoy to it again and again.
67. The teacher speaks to the older students so they can always hear clearly.
68. In Australia, you can see lots of in the fields and on the hills.
69. Strauss wrote more than 400 waltzes and his most one was The Blue Danube.
70. Yang Liwei was called ―China’s astronaut‖ when he returned to Earth after his journey into space.
Have you ever heard of Jet Li? He is a great film (明星) in China. His action films are very popular in the (世界) because he is good at Kung Fu. Many of us like him. ―Huo Yuanjia‖ is one of his (最好的) films. It’s an action film. In this film, there are many famous (演员) and actresses. I (认为) it is very exciting and funny. It’s (真正地) a good film, and (所有) of us like it. At the (相同的) time, Jet Li is a kind man. He donated (捐赠) much money to the people in Sichuan (在„„
之后) the earthquake on May 12th, 2008. He would like to 80 (建造) some new schools for the children there.
图１ ①_____________________________________________________ ②_____________________________________________________
图２ 82. 假设你是李华，上周末你参加了一次郊游(outing)。请根据下面表格中的提示信息写一篇题为“A pleasant outing”的英语短文，参加某英文报纸的征文比赛。
参考词汇：go for an outing; climb the hill; have a picnic
A pleasant outing
11. A 2. B 7. C 12. C 3. A 8. C 13. B 4. C 9. B 14. A 5. B 10. A 15. C
16. B 17. C 18. B 19. D 20. A
21.C 22. D 23. A 24. C 25. D
26. A 27. B 28. B 29. D 30. C
41. B 32. C 37. C 42. D 33. C 38. A 43. A 34. B 39. D 44. B 35. D 40. A 45. C
61. D 47.C 52. D 57. A 62. A 48. D 53. B 58. C 63. C 49. A 54. C 59. A 64. B 50. B 55. D 60. B 65. C
76. really 67. slowly 72. world 77. all 68. sheep 73. best 78.same 69. famous 70. first 75. think 74. actors 79. after 80. build
81. [评分细则] 本题共6分，每句1.5分。以下所给例句仅供阅卷时参考，考生所写句子只要合情合理即给分，如有错误，酌情扣分。
① There is a tree near the house. ② I can see a road / river in the picture.
④ The girl / woman is reading a book. ③ The man is watering the flowers.
82. One Possible version
A pleasant outing
Last weekend, I went for an outing with my classmates. At 7:30 in the morning, we met at our school gate. We went to the North Hill Park by bike. On the way, we were so excited that we sang loudly. When we arrived there, we started to climb the hill at once. We had a picnic on the top of the hill. After that, we walked down the path and had a rest. Later, some girls danced under the trees and some boys played games happily. We didn’t go back until 4:00 p.m.. We were tired but very happy.
What a pleasant outing it was!
2、在the North Hill Park的活动内容；
1. M: Mom, it’s a nice day, isn’t it?
W: Yes. But the radio says it will rain tomorrow.
2. M: What’s the trouble, Mary?
W: Well, doctor. It’s my eyes. I can’t see clearly.
3. M: Oh, what a nice watch! Is it yours, Betty?
W: No. It’s Tony’s.
4. M: What does your mother do, Linda?
W: She teaches English in a middle school.
5. M: It is Friday, isn’t it?
W: Yes, there will be a school concert this evening.
W: Hi, Peter. What are you going to do this afternoon?
M: I’d like to go swimming. You know, it’s my favourite sport.
W: Oh, really? How often do you go swimming?
M: Twice a week.
W: Whom do you usually go with?
M: I usually go with my brother, David.
W: That must be great fun.
W: Can I help you, sir?
M: Yes, please. I’d like to have a pair of shoes.
W: What size would you like, please?
M: Size eleven.
W: OK. What about this pair?
M: Sorry, I don’t like white. Have you got any other colors?
W: Oh, yes. We have also got blue, brown and black.
M: Can I have a look at the black ones? Black is my favourite colour.
W: Sure. Here you are.
M: They look nice. What’s the price?
W: Fifty dollars.
M: May I try them on?
W: Yes, please.
M: OK. I’ll take this pair. Here’s the money.
W: Thank you.
Helen is my friend from London. She is 13 years old now. She is interested in history and good at it. Every summer she travels with her parents. She believes that travelling is an important part in her life. Of all the places she has visited, she likes New York best because it is both modern and beautiful. She has learnt that China is a large country with lots of interesting places. This July, her family are coming to China. I’m very happy to know that they will first come to my city. They will stay here for 2 days. I will show them around the city. Then they will fly to Beijing. I’m sure they will have a nice time in China.