动词不定式是非谓语动词的一种，它通常由不定式符号to + 动词原形构成，但有时to也可省略(省略to的不定式叫不带to的不定式，与动词原形同形)。动词不定式具有名词、形容词、副词的功能，在句中可用作主语、表语、宾语、定语、状语、宾语补足语等，但不能用作谓语(故称不定式为非谓语动词)。不定式可以有不同的时态(如进行式、完成式等)和语态(主动语态和被动语态)。
通常是将否定词not或never置于不定式之前，即构成not to do 或never to do 的形式，注意not和never一定要放在不定式符号to的前面，而不是其后面。如：
The doctor advised me not to smoke. 医生劝我不要抽烟。
She pretended not to have seen him. 她假装没看见他。
2. so as to do sth 和in order to do sth 的否定式
Study hard so as not to fail the exam. 努力学习，以免考试不及格。
We decided to leave early. 我们决定早点动身。
He seems to be tired. 他似乎累了。
He seems to be saying something. 他似乎在说什么。
(2) 正如可用进行时态表示将来意义一样，不定式的进行式有时也可表示将来： He was happy to be coming home. 就要回家了他感到高兴。
He seems to have caught a cold. 他似乎感冒了。
I hope to have finished the work by now. 我希望现在以前已完成这项工作。
I should like to have come earlier. 我本想早点来的。
通常由从属连词when, whenever, as, while, before, after, as soon as, till, until, since, once (一旦), hardly……when…, no sooner…….than…; 等引导。
2.when , while, as 的不同用法。一般说来，当主、从句的动作是同时发生的事，三者可以换用。when 既可以引导一个持续动作，也可以引导一个短暂动作，可用于主句和从句动作同时发生或从句动作先于主句动作；while 引导的动作必须是持续性的，强调主句和从句的动作同时发生，往往侧重主句和从句动作的对比；as 用于引导“在某行为的继续中发生某事”的“继续之行为”，所以多与过去进行时连用，翻译成“一边……一边……”或者表示动作的变化，翻译成“随着……”。
另外还必须注意 when和while 的特殊用法。when 可以表示“就在这时，突然”之意；而while 则可以表示对比的含义，常可译作“而”。
3．since 和before 的用法区别。两者都可用于 “It + be + since/ before-从句”的句型，区别在于 since 表示“自从…… 以来”
4.一些表示时间的名词词组如： the first time, the second time, last time， the moment, the minute，the year, every time, each time , next time, 或副词immediately, instantly, directly等也可以引导时间状语从句
till 和until 意义相同，多数情况下可以换用，但用以强调，句首多用until; 在强调结构或与not 连用时多用until.
6.hardly……when和no sooner……than相当于as soon as 之意，也可引导时间状语从句。从句谓语动词用一般过去时，主句谓语动词用过去完成时。hardly 及no sooner 置于句首时，语气较强，主句的谓语要部分倒装。
地点状语从句由 where和wherever 引导， 在主句前、后都可。where 表示特指，wherever 则表示泛指。但不少学生易将其和定语从句混淆，再者有的同学对地点状语从句不太注意，所以往往做错。
1．原因状语从句多由because, since, as 引导。because 引导的从句一般放在句末，表示直接的原因，语气最强，回答why提出的问题，重点在从句；since 引导的从句一般放在句首，表已知的原因，全句重在交代结果，比because 语气弱，常译作“既然”； as 引导的从句放在句首或句末，表示比较明显的原因，说明因果关系，语气较弱，重点在主句，译作“由于”。 此外，for 也可表示原因， 但它是并列连词，引出并列分句，表示间接原因，用来补充说明内容，或据此而作出某种推断。例如：
She must have wept, for there are tear trails on her cheeks.
2.now that也可引导原因状语从句，意思是“既然”，与since 同义，但更突出事实本身。
通常由so that, in order that, so, in case“以防、以免”等连词引导。
1．目的状语从句中的谓语常含有may/might, can/could, should , will/would等情态动词，通常主句在前，从句在后，主句与从句之间没有逗号。
2．in order that 引导的目的状语从句和so that 引导的状语从句可以换用，但in order that多
用于正式文体中， 而so 可用于口语或非正式文体中。
通常由连词so that, so…that, such… that等引导。
so 是副词，用来修饰形容词、副词、分词或其它结构，such 是形容词，用来修饰名词或名词短语。
such修饰单数可数名词且名词前有形容词时，可用so替换such, 冠词与形容词交换位置，构成“so+ adj. +a(an) +名词”。
2.如何区别so that 引导的目的状语从句和结果状语从句？
1．由however, whatever, whenever, whoever等引导，相当于no matter how/what/when/who 等。 应该注意：however, whatever, whenever, wherever 等还可以引导名词性从句，而no matter how, no matter what, no matter when, no matter where等只能引导状语从句。
2.由though, although, as, even though/if 等引导让步状语从句，不能与 but 连用，但可于yet连用。
(2).even if, even though 表示“即使，纵然”，有退一步设想的意味，多用于书面语中。
条件状语从句用if, unless, as/so long as, on condition that, provided, providing, now that, in that 等引导。除了应注意这些词的语义差别之外，还需注意，在条件状语从句中不能用将来时，只能用一般现在时表示一般将来时.
有时if 条件句中也用will, 但此时用来表示主语的意愿。
1．方式状语从句用 as, just as, as if, as though 引导。
（2）.在打比方与事实相反或不可能实现时，as if /though 引导的从句用虚拟语气。但当句子谓语为过去时态时，特别是当句子谓语为look, seem, taste, smell等感官动词时，从句谓语动词不用虚拟语气
比较状语从句常由than, as…as , not so/as…as, the more…, the more …等引导
D) 客观事实和普遍真理。尤其要注意，如果前后文不是一般现在时，则无法保持 主句、从句时态一致。 E) 表示一个按规定、计划或安排要发生的动作，（仅限于某些表示“来、去、动 、停、开始、结束、继续”等的动词 ）可以与表示未来时间的状语搭配使用 。常见的用法是：飞机、火车、轮船、汽车等定期定点运行的交通方式。
F) 在时间和条件状语从句里经常用一般现在（有时也用现在完成时）表示将来事 情。
例：When you have finished the report, I will have waited for about 3 hours.（等你完成这份报告的时候，我就已经等了将近3个小时了。）
2. 现在进行时(be doing)
3. 现在完成时(have done)
C) 表示发生在过去，但对现在仍有影响的动作或情况。通常用点动词，如：arrive, begin, find, give, lose等。 注意事项
C) 在"this is the first/ second/ third…… time that……"句型里要求用完成时。
D) 句型"It is/ has been……since"所使用的两种时态都正确。
E) 在"no sooner than"、"hardly/ scarcely ……when"、"before"、"prior to"等句型中，主句要求完成时。
4. 现在完成进行时(have been doing)
B) 表示过去习惯性动作。特别是由would/ used to do表达的句型，本身表示的 就是过去时。
He used to visit his mother once a week.（他以前总是每周看望一次他的母亲。）
A) 注意时间状语的搭配。一般过去时的时间状语应该是表示过去某个时间的词或词组，如：yesterday, last month, in 1999, two days ago等，绝对不可与recently, in the past 10 years, this month等连用，因为这样的时间状语都与现在有关系，应该用现在完成时或一般现在时。
B) used to do的否定形式和疑问形式很特别：你怎么写都正确。以否定形式为例：used not to do, didn't used to do, didn't use to do都对。
Used to do经常与 be used to doing sth/ sth结构进行对比。前者表示"过去常常或过去曾经"，要求加动词原形；后者表示"习惯于"，要求加名词或动名词。
6. 过去完成时(had done)
7. 过去将来时(would/ should do)
8. 过去进行时(was/ were doing)
例：Mary was listening to light music 10 minutes ago.（10分钟前，玛丽正在听轻音乐。）
B) 如果when, while这样的时间状语引导词所引导的主从句之一是一般过去时，则另一个句子常用过去进行时。
A) 基本结构是will / shall do。
B) 有些动词，如：arrive, be close, come, do, done, go, have, leave, open, play, return, sleep, start, stay等，用于一般进行时，并且通常与一个表示将来时间的时间状语连用，可以表示将来时。
C) 表示“打算去……，要……”时，可用be going to do。
D) 表示“即将、正要”时，可用be about to do。强调近期内或马上要做的事。
E) "be to do"的5种用法：
b) 该做或不该做的事情（语气上接近于should, must, ought to, have to），表示一种命令、规劝性语气。 c) 能或不能发生的事情（接近can, may）
e) 用于条件从句“如果……想，设想”（接近if ……want to,或if ……should）
F) 同样可以表示“正要、将要”的意思的句型是be on the point of doing。
在以if, when, as long as, as soon as, after, before, in case, until, unless等连词以及具有连词作用的副词（immediately, the moment, directly）等引导的状语从句，一般用现在时代替将来时。强调延续性或动态时，可用完成时。
10. 将来进行时(will be doing)
11. 将来完成时(will have done)
12)将来完成进行时：shall have been doing ，will have been doing
13)过去完成进行时：had been doing
14) 过去将来进行时：should be doing , would be doing
15) 过去将来完成时：should have done , would have done
16) 过去将来完成进行时：should have been doing , would have been doing
1. I heard Mary ____ (cry). 2. I hope __ (hear) from Mr. Li soon.
3. He was made __(do) the work at once.4.It's easy__(talk) but difficult__ __(do).
5. Let me _introduce) myself. 6. Mike felt his heart ____ (beat) fast when he
saw the teacher ________(come )
into the room.
7. Would you like ____ (come) with me?
8. Lucy, remember ____ (post) the letter.
9. The farmers began ___ (think) of ways ____ (plant) the trees.
10. She often makes her mother ____ (get) angry.
11. Don't forget ____ (lock) the door when you leave.
12. The farmers didn't know what __ (do).
13. Let him ____ (do) it.
14. I heard him ____ (sing).
15. Please tell her ____ (not be) late for class.
16. It took us about three hours ____ (go) to the Summer Palace on foot yesterday.
17. We often watch them __ (play) football.
18. They did not decide when ___(start).
19. She pretended (假装 ) ___(not see) you.
20. He was seen ____ (come).
21. I would have him ___(go) to bed early.
22. The teacher made Mike _ (do) his exercises again
23. Lucy tried her best ____ (not show) her anger.
24. They'd better ____ (start) at once.
25. He was very glad _ (go) to the West Lake.
26. I really don't know how __ (answer) it.
27. The boy had better go ___(see) a doctor.
28. Early to bed and early __(rise) makes a man healthy, wealthy (富有 ) and wise (智慧的 ) . 29. It's very kind of you ___ (help) me.
(二 ) 选择填空 : (62分 , 62分钟 )
1. She was often seen ____ n the room.
A. dance B. to dance C.dancesD. danced
2His father made her _ her lessons last night.
A. to do B. doC. to be done D. to be doing
3. The teacher is going over our exam papers.Let's ____ any noise.
A. not make B. not to make
C. don't make D. make not
4. The film is very interesting.I want ____ it once more.
A.seeB.watching C.seeing D.to see
5. Tomorrow we'll visit the West Lake.But I don't know ____ .
A.when to start B.when will start
C.when start D.to when start
6. My watch doesn't keep good time. I'll ____ it tomorrow.
A.repairing B.to repair C.repairD.repaired
7. I study very hard. My wish is ____ an engineer.
A. becomingB. to become
C. became D. become
8. He was told ____ in his exercise book.
A. handB. to hand C. handed D.to handed
9. He decided ____ it.
A. not do B. to not do
C. not to do D. not doing
10. I'd like ____ a cup of tea.
A. to have B. have
C. has D. having
11. I have enough money ____ food.
A. to buy B. buy
C. buying D. not to buy
12. Jim is always ready ____ others.
A. helps B. to help
C. helping D. help
13. My brother is too young ___ the army.
A. join B. joined
C. joining D. to join
14. Mother told him ____ football in the street.
A. not play B. not to play
C. play not D. to not play
15. I wanted ____ a new dress.
A. bought her B. buy for her
C. to buy her D. buy her
16. You'd better ____ on more clothes.
A. put B. to put
C. putting D. puts
17. The students didn't know ____ the difficult math problem.
A. to work out B. how to work out
C. how work out D. to how work out
18. It takes forty-five minutes ____ there by bus.
A. to get B. get C. getting D. to get to 19. Have you decided ____ for your holiday?
A. where go B. go where
C. to go whereD. where to go
20. The teacher had us ____ compositions every week.
A. to write B. written
C. write D. writing
21. She was seen ____ model ships in the room.
A. make B. madeC. makes D. to make
22. Please ____ me at the station on time.
A. to meet B. meeting C. met D. meet 23. A:Would you like ____ with us?
B:Yes, ____ .
A. go, I would like B.to go, I'd like to go
C. go, I'd love D. to go, I'd like to
24. My present (目前的 ) job is ____ you maths.
A.to teach B. teaches C.teach
25. I saw her ____ the room this morning.
A. to enter B. entered C.enter
26. The teacher asked them ____ to school on time.
A. to come B. coming C.come
27. He told her ____ yesterday.
A. working B. to work C. work
28. He made me promise (答应 ) _ him about it.
A. not to tellB. don't tell C. not tell
29. He still doesn't know how ____ out the math problem.
A. work B. to work C. working
30. He wants ____ some one ____ him with his English.
A. to have...help B. have...to help
C. to have...to help
31. You'd better ____ at home and ____ your homework.
A. to stay...do B. stay...do
C.to stay...to do
32. He always has so many questions ____ (ask).
A. to ask B. askingC. to asked
33. She went to a chemist's shop ____ some medicine for her cough. A. to buy B.buyingC.bought
34. That boy was made ____ a lot of money.
A. to steal B. stealing C. steal
35. He felt very sad ____ so many mistakes in his homework.
A.making B. to make C. make
36. It's impossible ____ the work in two days.
A. finishing B. to finish C. finish
37. It's time for us ____ our class.
A. to start B. start C. started
38. I want ____ (看一部新电影 ).
A. to see a new film B. see a new film
39. Her wish is ____ (上大学 ) when she grows up.
A. to going college B. to go to college
40. Did you see them ____ (上公共汽车 )?
A. get on the bus B. to get on the bus
41. Do you know ____ (怎样把这消息告诉她 )?
A .how to tell her the news
B. to tell her the news
42. He went to Xi'an ____ (参加一个重要会议 ).
A. attend an important meeting
B. to attend an important meeting
43. I'll get something ____ (吃 ).
A. to eat B. eating
44. He asked me ____ (和他去滑冰 ).
A. to go skating with him. B. go skating with him.
45. It's good ____ (帮助别人 ).
A. to help others B. help others
46. Did you notice (注意 ) ____ (有人离开房间吗 )?
A anyone to leave the room
B. anyone leave the room
47. Do you have ____ (有什么问题要问 )?
A. any question to ask
B. B. any question ask
48. This text is ____ (不易懂 ).
A. not easy understand
B. B.not easy to understand
49. You must speak louder ____ (以便让大家都听得见 ).
A. so as to be heard by everybody.
B. B. so as can hear every body
50. He was ____ (累得说不出一句话 ).
A. too tired not to say a word
B. too tired to say a word
51. The doctor told him ____ (别再吸烟了 ).
A. don't smoke any more
B. B. not to smoke again
52. ____ (什么时候开会 ) is not decided yet.
A. When hold the meetingB. When to hold the meeting 53. I'll show you ____ (怎样使用计算机 ).
A. how use the computer
B. B. how to use the computer
54. You'd better bring the clothes in, it's about ____ .
A. to rain B. training
1. cry 2. to hear 3. to do 4. to talk, to do 5. introduce 6. beat
7. to come 8.t o post
9. to think,to plant 10. get
11. to lock 12. to do 13. do
14. sing 15. not to be
16. to go 17. play 18. to start 19. not to see 20. to come 21. go 22. do 23. not to show 24. start 25. to go 26. to answer 27. to see 28. to rise 29. to help
1.B 2.B 3.A 4.D 5.A
6.C 7.B 8.B 9.C 10.A
11.A 12.B 13.D 14.B 15.C
16.A 17.B 18.A 19.D 20.C 21.D 22.D 23.D 24.A 25.C 26.A 27.B 28.A 29.B 30.A 31.B 32.A 33.A 34.A 35.B 36.B 37.A 38.A 39.B 40.A 41.A
42.B 43.A 44.A 45.A 46.B 47.A 48.B 49.A 50.B 51.B 52.B 53.B 54.A
1. Sometimes ____ to place physics and chemistry into separate categories.
A. that is difficult B. is difficult C. it is difficult D .that it is difficult
2. The teachers don’t know ____ to start and run a school.
A. what it takes B. what they take C .what does it take D. what takes
3. Because air is highly compressible, ____ to define a clear upper boundary of the atmosphere.
A. it is impossible B. impossible is C. so the impossible D. is the impossibility
4. The Homestead Act of 1862 ____ to acquire land at a small cost.
A. made possible B. made it possible C .made the possibility D .possibly made
5. To what extent will future scientific discoveries ____ possible the lengthening of the human life?
A. be made B. make it C .make D. be made it
6. X-rays are able to pass through objects and thus make ____ details that are otherwise impossible.
A. it visible B. them visible C. visibly D .visible
7. Digital recording has made ____ a significantly wider dynamic range in recorded music.
A. for the possibility B. the possibility is C .it is possible D. possible
8. The discovery of the halftone process in photography in 1881 made ____ photographs in books and newspapers.
A. the possible reproduction B. possible to reproduce
C .it possible to reproduce D. possibly reproduced
9. Their little bit of land doesn’t provide enough food to ____.
A. live on B. live C .live in D .live up
10. I got out some more chairs for the other guests _____.
A .to sit B .to sit on C .sit on D. sit
11. I need a piece of paper to ____.
A. write on B. write C. be written D .write with
12. He was the first ____ and the last ____.
A .arriving/leaving B. to arrive/to leave C. arrive/leave D. for arriving/for living in
13. Air pollution has been greatly reduced, so this city is still ____.
A. a good place to live B. a good place to live in
C .a good place to be lived D. a good place for living in
14. I have no place ____ and no food ____.
A. to live / to eat B. to live in/ to eat C. to live in / to eat at D .living in/eating
15. Her failure ____ into college disappointed her parents.
A .getting B. to get C .get D. of getting
16. His refusal _____ surprised us.
A. of helping B. with help C. to help D. of help
17. I have been working hard, with the determination ____ something of myself.
A. making B. of making C. to make D. to making
18. It is wise ____ the experiment that way.
A. of him to do B. for him to do C. of his doing D. that he do
19. ____ any aspect of society, the sociologist must determine the laws influencing human
behavior in social contexts.
A .Explain B. To explain C. One explains D. The explanation of
20. ____ as a masterpiece, a work of art must transcend the ideals of the period in which it was
A .To rank B. The ranking C. To be ranked D. For being ranked
21. ____ the demands of aerospace, medicine, and agriculture, engineers are creating exotic new
A. Meet B. Being met are C. To meet D. They are meeting
22. On Saturday afternoon, Mrs. Green went to the market, ____ some bananas and visited her
A .bought B. buying C .to buy D. buy
23. We will have to get the Dean ____ this form.
A. to sign B. sign C. signed D .signing
24. She is having her car ____ this week.
A. to repair B. repair C. repaired D. repairing
25. The doctor had the patient ____ on at once.
A. operate B. operated C. to operate D. operating
26. My sister’s professor had her ____ paper many times before allowing her to present it to the
A. rewritten B. to rewrite C. rewrite D. rewriting
27. The teacher had the students ____ their homework every day.
A. do B. to do C. done D. do
28. We’re leaving at six o’clock in the morning, and hope to ____ most of the journey by lunch
A .be doing B. have done C .have been done D. do
29. A membership card authorizes ____ the club’s facilities of a period of 12 months.
A. the holder using B. the holder’s use C .the holder to use D. the holder uses
30. He asked ____ since he had been chairman for seven years.
A .not to have been re-elected B. to be not re-elected
C. not to be re-elected D .to have not been re-elected
31. The police were tracking the criminal who was said ____ in a nearby wood.
A. have hidden B. to be hiding C .to hiding D .to hide
32. At the Seventh International Ballet competitions, Ferando Bujones won the first gold medal
ever ____ to a United States male dancer.
A. to be awarded B. to award C .that awards D .should be awarding
33. “ I was arguing with him about our plan just now.”
“ Why _____ with him? He’ll never change his mind.”
A. arguing B. argue C. to argue D .you argue
34. It is extremely important for an engineer to know ____ a computer.
A .use B. to use C .how to use D .using
35. The ancient Egyptians are supposed ____ rockets to the room.
A .to send B. to be sending C. to have sent D. to have been sending
36. He prefers to stay here ____ go home.
A. than B. rather than C. rather than to D .than
37. The use of well-chosen nonsense words makes ____ the testing of many basic hypotheses in
field of language learning.
A. it is possible B. it possible C. possible D. them possible
38. I should very much like to have gone to the party, but I ____.
A. was not invited B .am not invited C. shall not be invited D .am not being invited
39. All too often, women complain that they’re educated as equals, only to go out into the
workforce ____ as inferiors.
A. to treat B. to be treated C. be treated D .treat
40. After twenty years abroad, William came back only ____ his hometown severely damaged in
A. finding B. to find C .was finding D .was to find
41. They were believed ____ the problem beforehand.
A .to discuss B. in discussing C. to have discussed D .to have bee discussed
42. ____ money in such a dishonest way, he would beg in the streets.
A. Rather than getting B. Rather than to get C. Rather than get D. More than get
43. He came all the way to help her ____ that she drowned herself in a well.
A .only to find B .to find C .in order to find D. so as to find
44. He preferred ____ with that Managing Editor.
A. not to identifying B .identify himself C. identify D .not to identify himself
45. Caught in the act, he had no alternative but ____.
A. confess B. confessing C. confessed D. to confess
46. I’d rather you ____ smoking as soon as possible.
A. quitting B. had quit C. quit D. to quit
47. I’d rather that you ____ the bike. If only I had more time, I would repair it myself.
A .repairing B .repaired C .will repair D. will repair
48. It is heartening to see millions who had nothing but a record of misery and hunger ____ to
improve their life.
A. having had the chance B. had the chance C .to have the chance D. have the chance
49. The girl tried many times to sneak across the border to a neighboring country, ____ each time.
A .having been caught B. always being caught C .had been caught D. only to be caught
50. I experienced having students ____ a thousand new words in a week.
A .considering less talented to remember B . considered less talented remember
C. considering less talented remember D . considered less talented to remember
51. The party ____ at my house, but the central heating broke down, and we had to have it at
A. would be B. have been C. was to be D. was to have been
52. He couldn’t help ____ after he heard the news.
A .bursting into tears B .burst into tears C .bursting out tears D. burst out crying
53. For the government, the challenge ____ the reform to the end.
A .is carry out B. is to carry out C .is for carrying out D .is to carrying out
54. They found the lecture hard ____.
A .to understand B .to be understood C. for understanding D .for being understood
55. The Cubists were concerned with how ____ a given subject from different points of view
A .represented B .to represent C. do they represent D. represent
56. The parents scolded the child and made her promise ____ again.
A. never to do that B .what to do never C .that never to do that D .so never to do that
57. I spoke to the kid kindly ____ him.
A .not to frighten B .so as not to frighten C .in order to not frighten D. for not frightening
58. The child may be able to attain his immediate goal ____ that his method brings criticism from
people who observe him.
A .only to find B. only find C .only finding D .only have found
59. The student continued to do mischief in class even though his teacher repeatedly told him.
A .not doing B. not C. not to D. to
60. The teacher doesn’t allow ____ on the exam.
A .his students to cheat B. his students’ cheating C .to cheat D .his students cheat
61. The total influence of literature upon the course of human history ____.
A .is difficult to evaluate B. is difficult to evaluate it
C . difficult to evaluate it D . it is difficult to evaluate
62. Those naughty boys were caught ____ flowers in the garden again.
A .to steal B. stealing C. to have stolen D .having stolen
63. Much of the forest, along with the farmland, near the Mount Saint Helens volcano, appears to
____ at the time of the eruption.
A .be destroying B. have been destroying C. be destroyed D .have been destroyed
64. By the first decade of the 21st century, international commercial air traffic is expected ____
vastly beyond today’s levels.
A .to have extended B. to be extending C. to extend D. to be extended
65. A Dream of the Red Chamber is said ____ into dozens of languages in the last decade.
A .to have been translated B. to translated C .to be translated D .to have translated
66. The local health organization is reported ____ twenty years ago when Dr. Smith because its
A .to be set up B. being set up C. to have been set up D .having been set up
67. In 1938 Pearl S. Buck became the first American woman ____ the Nobel Prize for Literature.
A .receive B. received C. to receive D .she received
68. The first explorer ____ Californian by land was Strong Smith, a trapper who crossed the
southwestern deserts of the United States in 1825.
A .that he reached B. to reach C. reached D. reaching it
69. She could do nothing but ____ her name under the circumstances.
A .to change B. changing C .change D. to be changed
70. If he is not willing to be with you, why ____ somebody else?
A. don’t ask B. not ask C. to ask D .not to ask
71. If you still don’t have an answer from the University of New York, why ____ call he
A .you don’t B. not to C .not D .don’t
72. Since he is only a kid, why ____ fun of him?
A .make B. to make C .not D .don’t
73. “ Do you believe that Charlie did best in the exam?”
“ Yes. He is said ____ very hard.”
A .to work B. that he worked C .to have worked D. that he has worked
74. I’d rather have a room of my own, however small it is, than ____ a room with someone else.
A .to share B. to have shared C .share D. sharing
75. Mrs. Brown is supposed ____ for Italy last week.
A. to have left B. to be leaving C. to leave D. to have been left
76. For nearly four hours they waited for the decision, only ____ to come again next day.
A .they were told B. to be told C .to tell D .being told
77. In order to ____ a passport, one must either present legal documents or call a witness to give
evidence concerning one’s identity.
A. be issued B. issue C. have issue D. have been issued
78. As luck would have it, my teacher happened to ____ America when an earthquake occurred in
his native place.
A. visit B. have visited C. be visiting D .have been visiting
79. If we allow our imagination ____ by known research, our prophecies need not be sheer
A. guided B. be guided C. to be guided D. being guided
80. During the exam, the school authorities won’t allow ____ freely.
A. to talk B .talk C .talking D. to be talking
81. Since you changed lanes without signaling, you are as much ____ for the accident as us.
A .to be blamed B .to blame C. blamed D. blaming
82. The specialized nature of anthropological research makes ____ that various groups of people
be studied to determine their similarities and differences.
A .imperative B .it imperative C .it is imperative D .it is an imperative
( ) 1. Mary said, “Doctor, please save my son.”
The mother __________ son.
A. told doctor save my B. told the doctor to save her
C. asked doctor save my D. asked the doctor to save her
( ) 2. I wonder if you can give me a piece of paper _________.
A. to write B. for writing C. to write on D. for writing on
( ) 3. When the teacher ________, he just went on working.
A. asks him to have a rest B. asked him to have a rest
C. would ask him to have a rest D. has asked him to have a rest
( ) 4 One of the most important things for us _______ well.
A. are studying B. is studying C. is to study D. studies
( ) 5. The doctor did what he could ________ that child.
A. save B. to save C. saved D. saving
( ) 6. There is nothing ________.
A. for us to worry B. of us to worry
C. for us to worry about D. worry about
( ) 7. I find it _________ to find a good job.
A. difficulter and difficulter B. more difficult and difficult
C. more and more difficult D, more difficult and more difficult
( ) 8. The king was bad and needed ________ a lesson.
A. to teach B. to give C. to have D. to be taught
( ) 9. Is it really safer to fly in a plane around the world than ___ a busy city street ?
A. cross B. to cross C. across D. to across
( ) 10. The house was too small for us _______.
A. to live B. to live in C.. not to live D. not to live in
( ) 11. She asks us ________ at noon.
A. to make a noise B. not to make any noises
C. to make not any noises D. don’t make any noises