晓得——it dawns on somebody 1)
2) 一根筋儿——one-track minded/einfach
3) 小心触电——Danger! High voltage.
4) 请勿跳下站台——stay clear off the track!
5) 请勿乱扔废弃物——no littering.
6) 她妈死了——her mother died/is dead/passed away/gone/no more.
7) 无可奉告——no comments/j’ai rien a dire.
1) Tom, Dick and Harry——张三李四
2) Darby and Joan——快乐老夫妻
3) Damon and Pythias——刎颈之交
1) nasci-bear: nation/native/nature/nativity 2) naut-sailing: naval/navy/nausea/nautical/astronaut/navigate
3) fact-do, faire/facere: facsimile/fact/ petrifaction/ satisfaction/faction/facture/
4) dict-word: dictionary/dictation/ dictate/predict/ dictator/verdict
5) ped-foot: pedal/ impede/ impediment/ pedestrian/ pedestal
4( Favorite words
3) 英国人最喜欢的英文单词——根据Irving Wallace
Chime. Dawn, golden, hush, lullaby, luminous, melody, mist, murmuring, tranquil
1) Cadre/tap/ element/ seat/proper/due south/ 2) 三十六计走为上:
Of the 36 stratagems, the best is to quit.
Better make myself scarce.
Downy lips make thoughtless slips. 4) Are you through?
Am. E: 话讲完了吗,
5) Cette femme est un vrai dragon!(凶神)
6) Firth : Each word when used in a new context is a new word.
8) Restaurant/restore/ servant/servir
9) Lotus-eater/ Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
10) Gulliver in Lilliput
11) To give the benefit of doubt 12) To pull one’s punches
13) Out on a limb
14) Peeping Tom
15) Madison Avenue technique 16) Couch potato
18) A priori
19) Old as Methusela
20) Abraham’s bosom
21) The Judgment day
22) The patience of Job
23) Prodigal son
24) The Tower of Babel
25) Apoclyptic/ ark of covenant 26) Bowdlerize
27) Mae West
29) 横着进——in broadside
——he may be well praised
------I cannot well refuse.难以拒绝
------take the news well泰然处之
-----it’s well worth trying
------well past 40
32) Mc Coy
1) 军 army/师 division/旅brigade/团regiment/营battalion/连company/排platoon
3) 海军陆战队:marine corps, marines 4) Artillery/ammunition
5) 游击队:guerrilla/cavalry/infantry 6) 准将:brigadier general, brigadier, commodore(Navy), air commodore (BR. E)
7) Helmet/ gas helmet
8) Scud missile/ patriot missile 9) Reinforcement
10) Bundled grenade
11) Suicide bombing
12) Helicopter/ cannon
13) 巷战street fighting/ 楔子wedge/人体盾牌human shield
1) 江泽民:excuse me/me three
——how are you?---误为:who are you?
——I am Bill Clinton.
1) the four millionth Norwegian was born in 1975.
2) The afternoon found him crying in the street of a strange city.
3) The turn of the century witnessed a fast economic growth rate in china.
5) 和光同尘soften one glares and move along old ruts----swim with the tide
Do business with a smile, and you’ll make a pile. 7) 事实胜于雄辩
Rien n’est plus éloquent que les faits.
Facts are stronger than rhetoric.
Facts speak louder than words. 8) 为人作嫁
Travailler pour le roi de Prusse
Run/go on errant for sb else 9) 不为无益之事，何以遣有涯之生——陈寅恪《柳如是别传》
Without doing useless/meaningless things, how can I (manage to)while away my limited
span of life?
11) Forlorn love断肠人
12) He is only half a man.他不是个男人
13) do right and fear no man; do not write and fear no woman.勿妄行，无畏于男人，勿妄
14) An army marches on its stomach. 15) Even scientists must have moments of relaxation. 难免走神
16) Fire brigade has to be sent for.派人去叫救火车。
17) He was greatly tried. 他受尽了磨难。
18) As a righteous intellectual, I’m ashamed of the outrageous policy of intimidation of
employed by the diehard conservatives who control the government to try to strangle
social reform and to prevent the people form carrying forward their praiseworthy efforts
towards building an ideal society.
19) In my statement at the fifth special session of the General Assembly on 18 May this
year, with insight gained as a member of the negotiating group which elaborated the
draft of resolution 2248 (s-v ), I stated that …
译文一:由于作为一个拟订2248 (s-v )号决议草案协商小组的成员而获得了的那种洞
译文二:作为一个拟订2248 (s-v )号决议草案协商小组的成员，我获得了洞察力，有
译文三:我由于参加过拟订2248 (s-v )号决议草案协商小组的工作，而获得了剖析十
20) I’m not the first man who has made mistakes.
21) … this was a delight he could not forgo.---- Vanity Fair
22) Yet he failed somehow, in spite of a mediocrity which ought to have insured any man a
23) On one sun-shining morning June, …
China’s successful explosion of its first atomic bomb caused tremendous repercussion
throughout the world.
25) Put a teaspoonful of tea in the pot and you just add the boiling water to it and let
We’re not going to let him bring shame on our collective. 27) 我七岁时就会织毛衣。
I could knit when I was seven.
I don’t like soft drinks.
29) In Africa, I met a boy, who was crying as if his heart would break and said, when I spoke
to him, that he was hungry because he had had no food for two days.
30) There are many wonderful stories to tell about the places I visited and the people I met.
31) I was on my way home tramping about the streets, my drawings under my arm, when I
found myself in front of the Mathews Gallery.
32) He became deaf at five after an attack of typhoid fever.
There was little hope of continuing my inquiry after dark to any useful purpose in a
neighborhood that was strange to me.
34) The monkey’s most extraordinary feat was learning to operate a tractor. By the age of
nine, this remarkable animal had learned to drive the vehicle single-handed.
35) We must pass over a part of Mrs. Rebecca Crawley’s biography with that lightness and
delicacy which the world demands---- the moral world, that has, perhaps, no particular
objection to vice, but a suppressible repugnance to hearing vice called by its proper
36) Before Hugo could pretest, he and the others were led away.
37) I finished my homework before I went to bed.
38) Don’t hesitate to come when you need help.
39) What is the shortest possible way to Penn Station?
40) Without a sense of your fault, how can repentance and amendment be expected,
41) Coated iron rusts less.
42) Suddenly he heard a sound behind him, and realized he was not alone in the garage.
43) It was a real challenge that those who had learned form us now excelled us.
44) Keep your fingers crossed that you will not be caught cheating in the exam.
45) In consequence, I’m inclined to reserve all judgments, a habit that has opened up many
curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran bores. ----Scott
Fitgerald, Great Gatsby
46) He had to order sets from a friend in Moscow whose mother worked in a man’s war
48) Rolling stone gathers no moss的意思是“流水不腐，户枢不蠹”吗,
Leave nothing but your footprints, take nothing but pictures.
idea, famous, society, opportunity, purpose, hundred, Linda, museum, polite
palace, history, victor, village
3) harry potter
5) sore throat/ through/thorough/throw, threw, thrown 6) br and am English: ju:---u: e.g. new
7) br and am English: water
9) CNN 如何纠错:I mean/ eh/50, 15 rather/ excuse me/sorry
Safety belt/safety glass/ physics lab/ chemistry lab
1) This a mere apology for soup.
2) If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; if this is tea, please bring me some
3) He devises apologies for window curtains. 4) It is a sad apology for had.
13( 邮政编码:zip code/postal code
14( nicknames for countries
1) 美国人uncle Sam/Yankee/yank
2) 英国人john bull
4) 爱尔兰人Paddy/ pat
7) 法国人Frog-eater, froggy
12) 俄国人Polar bear
Assistant/ vice/deputy/ associate professor/ full professor
16( Bien travaillez, et laissez dire.
17( It’s not shameful to make mistakes, but it is shameful to make the same mistake twice.
1) 国家队 national squad
2) 报名 be registered
3) 本国观众Home crowd
4) 参加比赛 to compete in the men’s team/events
5) 比分落后: to trail, e.g. the Philippines staged a comeback after trailing 43 to 29 at half
6) 表现出色play well/ perform well
7) 表现出众put oneself in limelight
8) 表演赛demonstration match
9) 不如人意below expectation
10) 大胜 white wash, white washed sb
11) 得分 score. Collect/earn
12) 发奖仪式victory ceremony
13) 飞行药检spot check sb
14) 冠军争夺战title/crown/champion decider
1) 教派 Taoism, Christianity, Confucianism, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism
2) Monk, nun
3) Church, synagogue, monastery, chapel, cathedral, abbey, temple, abbey,
4) Vicar, priest, archbishop, bishop, cardinal, pope, angel, clergyman, archangel
5) Protestant, puritan, Christianity, catholic, orthodox, 6) mass, prayer, altar, Amen, hymn, preacher, baptism, choir
1) 2002中国旅游年Visit China 2002
2) 爱婴医院baby-friendly hospital/environment/citizen/reader 3) 集训intensive training programme
4) 拜年pay new year calls
6) 保护消费者权益日 consumers’ rights day
7) 保健食品health care food
9) 面人dough figurine, dough-modeling 10) 北风northerly wind, 二级two on a scale of 1-12 11) 频临灭绝on the verge of extinction 12) 冰雕ice-carving
13) 餐饮业food and drink industry 14) 常住户口permanent registered residence 15) 单亲家庭single-parent household 16) 托儿所child-care centre/nursery 17) 骨瘦如柴 as lean as a rake, a bag of bones 18) 窃笑laugh in one’s sleeves
19) 腿发软my legs went soft under me. 20) 从零开始start/rebuild from scratch 21) 感激无限his gratitude knew no bounds. 22) 成绩单academic record
23) 纪念堂memorial auditorium
24) 加速to gather speed
25) 怨恨bear grudge against sb
26) 附中affiliated/attached middle school 27) 合影a group photo with sb
28) 口头语catch phrases
29) 常用词pet words
30) 首当其冲bear the brunt
31) 双眼皮double-folded eyelids
32) 发扬carry on yan’an spirits
34) 上了年纪an advanced age/he is getting on 50 35) 不得不承认bring myself to admit 36) 历史清白have a clean slate
37) 勉强糊口hand-to mouth
38) 次品factory seconds/flawed products 39) 整容手术plastic surgery
40) 配合奖prize for team work
42) 求知欲intellectual curiosity
43) 自命清高arrogance of purity
44) 乘凉sit in refreshing coolness 45) 春节文艺晚会spring festival entertainment show 46) 春运travel peak
47) 东道主host country
Note, beat, B major, C minor, chord和弦, octave音阶, trumpet, flute, sound box音箱, bow
琴弓, string, key, orchestral instruments, violin小提琴, violin cello大提琴, viola中提琴, horn,
triangle三角铁, tuba大号, drum, drum stick, harp竖琴, guitar, mandolin, mouth organ, harmonica, saxophone
Lotion, cram, powder, lipsticks, shampoo, mousse, foundation, cheek color, nail
polish/varnish, hair-dresser, dye, hair clipper, hair oil, hair pin
23( Diseases and illnesses
Cancer, cold, fever, stroke, heart attack, blister, benign/ malignant tumor, stomach ache, sore
throat, malaria, tuberculosis, flu, operation, surgery, freckle, mole, nodule, lump node
24( Sayings about friendship
1) I love everything that’s old, old friends, old time, old manners, old books, old wine. I
have been pretty fond of an old wife.---- Oliver goldsmith 2) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
3) A friend to everybody is friend to nobody. 4) A man is known by the company he keeps.
5) Better an open enemy than a false friend.
6) Lend your money and lose your friend.
7) A crowd is no company. ---bacon
8) Two is a company, and three is a crowd/none. 9) Birds of a feather flock together.
1) Now, ladies and gentlemen, a big hand for…
2) Give me a hand with sth please.
3) Hands off. That’s mine.
4) I’ve got my hands full.
5) I’ve only one pair of hands.
6) A show of hands举手表决
7) All hands on deck.
8) A good/old/new/green hand
9) On one hand/ on the other hand
10) Ask for a girl’s hand
11) A hand of bananas
12) A cool hand大胆而厚颜无耻的人
13) Bite the hand that feeds one
14) Die by one’s own hand
15) From hand to mouth
16) Grease the hand of –bribe
17) Do sth hands down—easily
18) Kiss one’s hand to sb
19) Sit on one’s hands不予鼓掌
20) With a high hand/ with an iron hand in a velvet glove 21) Handcuff
22) He is my right hand.
23) Many hands make light work.
26( 毕业典礼讲话，commencement address，最迟5月27-28日
27( 眼高手低have grandiose aims but puny ambitions, great ambition but little talent
Sea-waters tide, day to day, tide, everyday tide and everyday ebb;
Floating clouds appear, often appear, often appear and often go.
Sea waters tide, day to day tide, everyday tide and everyday ebb,
Floating clouds appear, time after time, appear, oftentime appear and ofterntime go.
29( 满纸荒唐言，一把辛酸泪，都云作者痴，谁解其中味, David Hawkes:
Pages full of idle words, Penned with hot and bitter tears; All men call the author fool, None his secret message hears.
Yang and Gladys:
Pages full of fantastic talk, Penned with bitter tears; All men call the author mad, None his message hears.
Carl Sandburg, 1878-1967
The fog comes
On little cat feet.
It sits looking
Over harbor and city
On silent haunches
And then moves on.
1) We’ll foot it/ taxi it.
2) Lord it over称王称霸
3) You’ll catch it.你可要小心点儿，你要倒霉了。
4) Beat it.
5) Come it strong. 做得过分
6) Rough it.生活俭朴，生活艰苦
7) Face it out.坚持到底
8) Carry it off successfully. 装作若无其事地过去
9) Confound it(you). 该死
10) Run for it.快跑
11) Watch it.小心
12) Give it him (hot).让他尝尝厉害，通打通骂
13) Go it (blind) 拼命干，莽撞放荡(盲目地干)
2) 野夫:狼的流浪是躲枪，鱼的流浪是觅食，人的流浪在此之间。 3) 梁实秋:人生的大骗子不只两个，而是有三个:即名、利、权。在美国惯用的字中，
可以拿“成功”(sucdess)这个名词把这三个骗子概括起来。 4) 佚名:能力就像一张支票，除非把它点现成现金，否则毫无价值。 5) 野夫:对叫的狗，要敬而远之;对不叫的狗，更要敬而远之。 6) 阿城:狼啊，你可千万别堕落为人。
1) we might have fine weather for our holiday.
Yes, and pig might fly.太阳还会从西边出来呢
2) jack has been sentenced to 3 years’ imprisonment.
Give a dog a bad name.欲加之罪何患无辞
34( A wise man thinks all that he says, a fool says all that he thinks.
1) Sound argument正当的论据
2) Sound reasoning合理的推论
3) Sound basis坚固的基础
4) Sound body/mind健康的身体/健全的心智
5) Sound judgment正当的判断
6) Sound scholar稳健
7) Sound sleep熟睡
8) Sound fruit完好的水果
9) Sound advice忠告
10) Sound policy明智
11) Sound construction牢固
12) Sound beating一顿痛打
13) As sound as a bell十分健康
1) your royal highness陛下，殿下
2) high dive高处下跳
3) in high spirits兴高采烈
4) higher education高等教育
5) a man of high character品格高尚的人
6) high words怒气冲冲的话
7) high noon正午
8) high summer盛夏
9) it’s high time you started 10) high manner傲慢
11) talk in high language说大话
12) aim high
15) high and dry超然世外
16) high tea午后茶
1) fat baby胖
2) fat finger粗大的手指
3) fat soil肥沃的土地
4) fat year丰年
5) fat letter厚信
6) fat price高价
7) fat sound/voice圆润
8) fat smell浓郁
9) book fat with information 10) put on fat发胖
11) skim away personnel fat裁减冗员
12) live on one’s own fat吃老本
13) fat cat胖子
14) fat head—fool
15) fat-witted--stupid 16) laugh and grow fat多笑多福，心宽体胖
1) the pen writes well/smoothly. 2) Write a good hand
3) Write a check
4) His face was all written with happiness.
5) Her heroic image is written on our heart.
6) The writing on the wall
1) He is a well of information.知道得多
2) Joy welled up I his heart. 3) He took the news well.处之泰然
4) I cannot well refuse.难以拒绝
5) His name is well up in the list.
6) It might be well to see a doctor.恰当
7) Things are well with us.
1) I am not above work. 并非不肯工作
2) An amount of work若干工作
3) A work of art
4) He is at work.
5) This work presents no difficulty.
6) Hot work艰苦的工作
7) Iron works工厂
8) Manual work手工
9) I had hard work to persuade him.很难说服 10) If he write a book, I am afraid he will make bad work of it.恐怕他会写得很早8
11) I made short work of/with it.了解
12) I made short work of him.解雇
13) I made short work of 3 pounds of beef.很快吞下 14) A railway brake is worked by compressed air.
15) Worked on a book for a year
16) Work for bread
17) Work oneself into consumption干活干到的了痨病 18) Work oneself to death 19) Work sb out of his errors尽力使人明了起错误 20) Work up one’s feelings
21) Work oneself up into a passion/a bad temper发脾气 22) The new method/plan will not work/work badly.
23) He worked his passage to India.一路工作去印度
1) as cold as marble冷若冰霜
2) as cool as a cucumber镇定自若
3) as deaf as adder耳朵全聋(蝰蛇)
4) as drunk as lord酩酊大醉
5) as rich as Croesus极其富有
6) as stiff as a poker生硬刻板，就像拨火棍 7) as tall as a maypole高耸入云
8) as thick as blackberries多如牛毛
9) as thick as thieves亲密无间
10) as wet as a drowned rat落汤鸡
11) have the devil of toothaches牙疼死了 12) at a stone’s throw一箭之地
13) to cry up wine and sell vinegar挂羊头卖狗肉 14) to set a fox to keep one’s geese引狼入室
1) A word in your ear跟你说句私房话
2) Be all ears.
3) Close/stop one’s ears塞耳不听
4) This is for your private ear.私下对你讲
5) Give ear to倾听
6) Have an ear for
7) Have itching ears爱听新事
8) In at one ear out at the other 9) Prick up one’s ears
10) Turn a deaf ear to
11) Were our ears burning? 12) Ear cap—earflap, earlobe, earphone/ear piece, ear pick, earplug
1) David: dave, davy, davie; 2) James: jim, jimmy;
3) John: jack, Johnny, Jackie; 4) Robert; bob, bobby, robby, rob; 5) William: bill, billy;
6) Abraham: abe;
7) Alexander: alec, aleck, alex, alick;
8) Alice: Alison, ally;
9) Andrew: andy;
10) Bernard: narney, nernie; 11) Benjamin: ben, benny;
12) Elizabeth: bess, Bessie, beth, betty, betsy, lizzy;
13) Caroline: carrie, carol; 14) Daniel; dan
15) Edward: eddie;
16) Frederick: fred, freddy; 17) Johannes: hans;
18) Margaret: Margie, Margit; 19) Maria, Mary，Marie:Polly, May, Molly; 20) Michael: micky, mike
21) Nancy: ann
22) Nicholas: nick, nicky
23) Sarah: sally, sallie;
24) Samuel: sam, Sammy
25) Alexandra: Sandra
26) Edward/Theodore: ted, teddy; 27) Valentine: val
28) Peter, pete, pierre
29) Catherine: cathy, Kathy, kate, kitty, Katie;
30) Christopher: chris;
31) Christina: tina, chrissy 32) Susan: sue, Susie, suzy; 33) Alfred;al, alfie;
34) Charles: chuck，charlie;
35) Thomas: tom
1) 排队get in the line/jump the line 2) 挤到队伍的前面elbow one’s way in at the head of the line
3) 我两三回劝他不必去I repeatedly tried to talk him out of it.
4) 我那时真是聪明的过分I was then such a smark aleck.
7) 马褂mandarin jacket
8) 父亲和我都是东奔西走both father and I have been living an unsettled life. 9) 他触目伤怀，自然情不能自已the sad state of affairs of the family drove him to utter
10) 簌簌落泪tears trickled down his face
11) 事已如此，不必难过，好在天无绝人之路now that things’ve come to such a pass, it’s no
use crying. Fortunately, heaven always leaves one a way out. 12) 典质pawn, to meet the funeral expense
13) 家中光景很是惨淡our family was then in reduced circumstances.
14) 茶房hotel waiter, waver/hesitate/did not quite trust
15) 他忙着照看行李saw to my luggage----bargain/haggle on the verge of chipping in a few
circumspect/propect/conspicuous/suspect/perspective/suspicious/despise 2) Dict,dic
Contradict/ dictate/dictation/dictator/diction/dictionary/ predict/abdicate/dictum 3)
Similar to, but worse than, people who spend all their monthly income well before pay day, this group spends their monthly wages within a week, sometimes because they earn too little to last through.
It refers to young people who live in big cities but long for an easier life in rural areas. In Shanghai, people now can rent a small plot and hire farmers to do the planting work at an annual cost of 3,000 yuan (US$440).
It is a group of people with jobs who spend more than two hours on the Internet for entertainment every day, thus making no progress in their career. “Lu she?imitates the sound of loser in English.
The second rich generation
The term refers to children of rich families in China who are usually born with a silver spoon. Unlike their parents making fortunes from scratch, they are entitled to inherit huge assets at birth. With strong financial backgrounds, this second generation features in media headlines for their extravagant spending on luxury cars and arrogant attitudes that annoy the public.
In order to boost exports during an economic slowdown, some Chinese toy factories have decided to export products unpainted or just semi-finished in a way to evade increasing technical demands on toy standards in the United States and Europe.
Opposite to hush money collected by unethical journalists, report money refers to the page fees collected by magazines from article writers before publication. Some postgraduates, PhD students and college professors chose to pay the money so that they can get enough published articles to graduate or get promotion.
Young Netizens and faddish people tend to use the expression, a transliteration from the Japanese word kawaii, to describe anything that is lovely, agreeable or acceptable.
This term originally means a physical group fight. However, as job market pressure increases, college students use the term to refer to company group interviews, in which job candidates are organized into panels to discuss topics and compete with each other.
It refers these days to a person who is assertive and sometimes high-handed, either within a family, a company or a country.
the girl or boy next door
It is often used these days to refer to celebrities or public figures who look or act so common when out of the limelight.
human photo scene
Film stars and other showbiz icons attract considerable attention from fans, who often ask them to pose for a photo so that they can later show it to others. The celebrities have become a prop in the photo for such fans.
At a popular Website called liba, which means fence in English, some women post messages setting outrageously high standards for a future husband. The expression is used in a derogatory manner because these women don't meet their own criteria they demand in a husband.
It refers to a well-known person who unknowingly promotes a fashion brand after he or she wears the clothing in public. The United States First Lady Michelle Obama is an excellent example.
soft layoff/insidious layout
Some layoffs are done in a subtle manner. Some companies move an employee to a less important or lower pay position or send him or her on frequent business trips without covering the trip's expenses.
crayfish wash powder
It is a washing powder, with citric acid and bleach as the main ingredients, widely used by restaurants in Shanghai to clean crayfish. The powder was banned by local authorities as it violates the country's food safety rules.
Commuters on the city's subway system often witness mini dramas on Metro platforms and cars. The dramas are without dialogue ?just subtitles and background music.
The Chinese word means "ram" -the action of hardening earth with a heavy object. The word sounds close to the English word "hot.? media first used it when describing a popular thing or person.
The word refers to people or companies that register many online IDs to reply to online posts so that they remain on the first page of a discussion group and gain more clicks. The posts usually promote online businesses.
An ampoule, also ampule, originally was a small bottle containing injection liquid. Nowadays "beauty ampoules'are popular among brides as they contain a concentrated essence to keep their face in good condition.
文库 http://www.doc66.com/ 手机文库 http://m.doc66.com/
24 条经典哲理性语句的英文翻译 1( 记住该记住的， 忘记该忘记的。 改变能改变的， 接受不能
改变的 Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten. Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable. 2( 能冲刷一切的除了眼泪， 就是时间， 以
时间来推移感情， 时间越长， 冲突越淡， 仿佛不断稀释的茶. Apart from tears, only time
could wear everything away. While feeling is being processed by time, conflicts would be reconciled astime goes by, just like a cup of tea that is being continuously diluted.3( 怨
言是上天得至人类最大的供物， 也是人类祷告中最真诚的部分 Complaints are the greatest
offerings that God obtains from humanbeings, as well as the most faithful prayers human beings might utterto God. 4( 智慧的代价是矛盾。 这是人生对人生观开的玩笑。 Wisdom
appears in contradiction to itself, which is a trick lifeplays on philosophy of life. 5( 世
上的姑娘总以为自己是骄傲的公主(除了少数极丑和少数极聪明的姑娘例外) Girls always look
on themselves as proud princesses, with the exception of a small number of either extremely ugly or exceedingly
smart ones. 6( 如果敌人让你生气， 那说明你还没有胜他的把握 It can be inferred that you
re irritable against lack confidence in a victory over yourrivals from the fact that you’
them. 7( 如果朋友让你生气， 那说明你仍然在意他的友情 From that you would get angry with
your friends, we can concludeyou sitll care about the friendship between you. 8( 令狐
冲说“有些事情本身我们无法控制， 只好控制自己。 ” 可是， 他算什么～ ～ “ Something
is out of our control, so we have to command ourselves. “ said Linghu Chong, a known character in a Chinese novelabout persons adept in martial arts(武侠小说, ) . Who is,
however,***ing he? 9( 我不知道我现在做的哪些是对的， 那些是错的， 而当我终于老死的时候
我才知道这些。 所以我现在所能做的就是尽力做好每一件事， 然后等待着老死。 Only till my
natural death. could I tell which of what I have beendoing is right or wrong, so now I have to try to do well in everything,and then wait to die a natural death. 10( 也许有些人
很可恶， 有些人很卑鄙。 而当我设身为他想象的时候， 我才
知道: 他比我还可怜。 所以请原谅所有你见过的人， 好人或者坏人 Some may be wicked, and
some may be despicable. Only when I putmyself in their position did I know they are more miserable than I.So forgive all that you have met, no matter what kind of persons theyare. 11( 鱼对水说你看不到我的眼泪， 因为我在水里( 水说我能感觉到你的眼泪，因为你在我心里。
“You couldn’ t see my tears cause I am in the water. “ Fish saidto water. “But I could feel your tears cause you are in me. “ Answered water. 12( 快乐要有悲伤作陪， 雨过应
该就有天晴。 如果雨后还是雨， 如果忧伤之后还是忧伤( 请让我们从容面对这离别之后的离别。 微
笑地去寻找一个不可能出现的你～ Happiness is accompanied by sorrow, and it would turn sunny afterrain as well. If rain remains after rain and sorrow remains after sorrow, please take those farewells easy, and turn to smilingly lookfor yourself who is never to appear. 13( 死亡教会人一切， 如同考试之后公布的结果, , 虽然恍然大悟， 但为时晚矣～ Like the
outcome after an exam, death makes us aware of anything,
文库 http://www.doc66.com/ 手机文库 http://m.doc66.com/
文库 http://www.doc66.com/ 手机文库 http://m.doc66.com/
That is, it’ s too late to take a tumble. 14( 你出生的时候， 你哭着， 周围的人笑着;
你逝去的时候， 你笑着， 而周围的人在哭～ When you were born, you’ re crying but
lookers-on were smiling.When you are passing away, you’ re smiling but lookers-on are
crying.15( 男人在结婚前觉得适合自己的女人很少， 结婚后觉得适合自己的女人很多 Man might
think that few women fit him before his marriage, andcontrarily when they get married. 16( 于千万人之中， 遇见你所遇见的人; 于千万年之中， 时间的无涯荒野里，没有早一步， 也
没有晚一步， 刚巧赶上了 Among thousands of people, you meet those you’ ve met.
Throughthousands of years, with the boundlessness of time, you happen to meetthem, neither earlier nor a bit too late. 17( 每个人都有潜在的能量， 只是很容易: 被习惯所掩
盖， 被时间所迷离, 被惰性所消磨. Everyone has his inherent ability( power or capacity?) which iseasily concealed by habbits, blurred by time, and eroded by laziness( or inertia?) . 18( 人生短短几十年， 不要给自己留下了什么遗憾， 想笑就笑， 想哭就哭，该爱的时候就去爱，
Be sure that you have never had any regrets in your life whichonly lasts for a few decades. Laugh or cry as you like, and it‘s meaningless to oppress yourself. 19( 《和平年代》
里的话: 当幻想和现实面对时， 总是很痛苦的。 要么你被痛苦击倒， 要么你把痛苦踩在脚下
While our dream is confronted with the reality, you always feelpainful. Just trample on the pain, or you‘ll be beat down by it.20( 真正的爱情是不讲究热闹不讲究排场不讲究繁华
更不讲究嚎头的 A true love is what doesn‘t strive for busyness, for extravagance, for
生命中， 不断地有人离开或进入。 于是， 看见的， 看luxury, and moreover for hokum. 21(
不见了; 记住的，遗忘了。 生命中， 不断地有得到和失落。 于是， 看不见的， 看见了; 遗忘
的，记住了。 然而， 看不见的， 是不是就等于不存在, 记住的， 是不是永远不会消失, There
is someone that is coming or passing away in your life aroundthe clock, so you may lose sight of those seen, and forget those remembered. There is gain and loss in your life, so you may catch sightof those unseen, and remember those forgotten. Nevertheless, doesn‘tthe unseen exist for sure? Will the remembered remain for ever? 22( 我们确实活得艰难，
一要承受种种外部的压力， 更要面对自己内心的困惑。 在苦苦挣扎中， 如果有人向你投以理解的
意， 或许仅有短暂的一瞥， 就足以使我感奋不已。 It‘s true that we have been leading a
difficult life, for we neednot only to be under various external pressures, but also to be inthe face of internal perplexities. You would be affected by the warmthof life if someone gives you a understanding look during your bitterstruggle. Even a mere glance would make you moved and inpired. 23( 我不去想是否能够成功, 既然选择了远方, 便只顾风雨兼程; 我不
去想,身后会不会袭来寒风冷雨, 既然目标是地平线, 留给世界的只能是背影. I wouldn‘t care
success or failure, for I will only struggle aheadas long as I have been destined to the distance. I wouldn‘t care thedifficulties around, for what I can leave on the earth is only theirview of my back since I have been marching toward the horizontal.24( 后悔是一
种耗费精神的情绪. 后悔是比损失更大的损失, 比错误更大的错误. 所以不要后悔 Pentinece is
something that enervates our spirit, causing a greater loss than loss itself and making a bigger mistake than mistakeitself, so never regret. ?
文库 http://www.doc66.com/ 手机文库 http://m.doc66.com/
文库 http://www.doc66.com/ 手机文库 http://m.doc66.com/
文库 http://www.doc66.com/ 手机文库 http://m.doc66.com/
Remember what should be remembered, and forget what should be forgotten.Alter what is changeable, and accept what is mutable.
Apart from tears, only time could wear everything away. While feeling is being processed by time, conflicts would be reconciled as time goes by, just like a cup of tea that is being continuously diluted.3,怨言是上天得至人经最大的供物～也是人经告中最经的部分祷真
Complaints are the greatest offerings that God obtains from human beings, as well as the most faithful prayers human beings might utter to God.
Wisdom appears in contradiction to itself, which is a trick life plays on philosophy of life.
Girls always look on themselves as proud princesses, with the exception of a small number of either extremely ugly or exceedingly smart ones.6,如果经人经生～那经明经经有经他的把握你气你没
It can be inferred that you lack confidence in a victory over your rivals from the fact that you’re irritable against them.7,如果朋友经生～那经明仍然在意他的友情你气你
From that you would get angry with your friends, we can conclude you sitll care about the friendship between you.
“ Something is out of our control, so we have to command ourselves.“ said Linghu Chong, a known character in a Chinese novel about persons adept in martial arts(武小经,,侠. Who is, however, ***ing
Only till my natural death.could I tell which of what I have been doing is right or wrong, so now I have to try to do well in everything, and then wait to die a natural death.
Some may be wicked, and some may be despicable. Only when I put myself in their position did I know they are more miserable than I. So forgive all that you have met, no matter what kind of persons they are.11,经经水经看不到我的眼～因经我在水里,水经我能感经到的眼～因经你泪你泪你
“You couldn’t see my tears cause I am in the water.“ Fish said to water.
“But I could feel your tears cause you are in me.“ Answered water.12,快经要有悲经作陪～雨经经经就有天晴。如果雨后经是雨～如果经经之后经是经经,
Happiness is accompanied by sorrow, and it would turn sunny after rain as well. If rain remains after rain and sorrow remains after sorrow, please take those farewells easy, and turn to smilingly look for yourself who is never to appear.
Like the outcome after an exam, death makes us aware of anything, That is, it’s too late to take a tumble.
When you were born, you’re crying but lookers-on were smiling. When you are passing away, you’re smiling but lookers-on are crying.15,男人在经婚前经得适合自己的女人少～经婚后经得适合自己的女人多很很
Man might think that few women fit him before his marriage, and contrarily when they get married.
Among thousands of people, you meet those you’ve met. Through thousands of years, with the boundlessness of time, you happen to meet them, neither earlier nor a bit too late.
Everyone has his inherent ability( power or capacity?) which is easily
concealed by habbits, blurred by time, and eroded by laziness( or inertia?).
Be sure that you have never had any regrets in your life which only lasts for a few decades. Laugh or cry as you like, and it‘s meaningless to
While our dream is confronted with the reality, you always feel painful. Just trample on the pain, or you‘ll be beat down by it.
A true love is what doesn‘t strive for busyness, for extravagance, for luxury, and moreover for hokum.
There is someone that is coming or passing away in your life around the clock, so you may lose sight of those seen, and forget those remembered. There is gain and loss in your life, so you may catch sight of those unseen, and remember those forgotten. Nevertheless, doesn‘t the
unseen exist for sure? Will the remembered remain for ever?22,我经经确内活得经经～一要承受经经外部的经力～更要面经自己心的困惑。在苦
It‘s true that we have been leading a difficult life, for we need not only to be under various external pressures, but also to be in the face of internal perplexities.You would be affected by the warmth of life if someone gives you a understanding look during your bitter struggle.Even a
mere glance would make you moved and inpired.
I wouldn‘t care success or failure, for I will only struggle ahead as long as I have been destined to the distance. I wouldn‘t care the
difficulties around, for what I can leave on the earth is only their view of my back since I have been marching toward the horizontal.
Pentinece is something that enervates our spirit, causing a greater loss
than loss itself and making a bigger mistake than mistake itself, so never
1.The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list。
2.Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly， and for the same reason。
3.War does not determine who is right – only who is left。
4.Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad。
5.If God is watching us， the least we can do is be entertaining。
6.I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian
7.A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk， I have a work station。。
8.Better to remain silent and be thought a fool， than to speak and remove all doubt。
9.A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory。
10.Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald
head and a beer gut， and still think they are sexy。
11.The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room。
12.To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research。
13.It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end。
14.Hospitality: making your guests feel like they’re at home， even if you wish they were
15.Just remember…if the world didn’t suck， we’d all fall off。
16.If you keep your feet firmly on the ground， you’ll have trouble putting on your pants。
17.Change is inevitable， except from a vending machine。