1.The West Lake in June,when all is said and done
For all the seasons never the same is the scene
The lotus leaves touching the sky in boundless green
The lotus flowers specially red in shining sun
2.I Left home when a mere stripling,and returned in old age.
My native accents remained unchanged,but my ear-lock had grown thin. The children could not recognize me when they saw me.
They asked smilingly ,From where did you come?
Maple Bridge Night
The moon vanishes
The crows chats
As autumn struts
Maples on the riverside
Bring out the shine of boat lights
In sorrow, I cannot sleep at night
Outside of Gusu City
An ancient temple sits
Still and lonely
As the midnight clock
Chimed at my ship
4.The sun along the mountain bows;
The Yellow River seawards flows.
You will enjoy a grander sight
By climbing to a greater height.
A MOORING UNDER NORTH FORT HILL
Under blue mountains we wound our way,
My boat and 1, along green water;
Until the banks at low tide widened,
With no wind stirring my lone sail.
...Night now yields to a sea of sun,
And the old year melts in freshets.
At last I can send my messengers --
Wildgeese, homing to Loyang.
A SPRING VIEW
Though a country be sundered, hills and rivers endure; And spring comes green again to trees and grasses Where petals have been shed like tears
And lonely birds have sung their grief.
...After the war-fires of three months,
One message from home is worth a ton of gold. ...I stroke my white hair. It has grown too thin To hold the hairpins any more.
How long will the full moon appear?Wine cup in hand, I ask the sky。I do not know what time of the year
‘Would be tonight in the palace on high。Riding the wind,
there I would fly,
Yet I‘m afraid the crystalline palace would beToo high and cold for me。
I rise and dance, with my shadow I play。 On high as on earth,
would it be as gay? The moon goes round the mansions red Through gauze-draped window soft to shed Her light upon the sleepless bed。
Why then when people part, is the oft full and bright? Men have sorrow and joy; they part or meet again;
The moon is bright or dim and she may wax or wane。There
has been nothing perfect since the olden days。So let us wish
that manWill live long as he can!
Though miles apart, we‘ll share the beauty she displays。 林
How rare the moon, so round and clear! With cup in hand, I ask of the blue sky, I do not know in the celestial sphere What
name this festive night goes by? I want to fly home, riding the air, But fear the ethereal cold up there,
The jade and crystal mansions are so high! Dancing to my shadow,
I feel no longer the mortal tie。She rounds the vermilion
tower,Stoops to silk-pad doors,
Shines on those who sleepless lie。 Why does she, bearing us
no grudge, Shine upon our parting, reunion deny? But rare is perfect happiness--
The moon does wax, the moon does wane, And so men meet and say goodbye。 I only pray our life be long,
And our souls together heavenward fly!
疑是银河落九天。 CATARACT ON MOUNT LU
The sunlit Censer perk exhales a wreath of cloud; like an upended stream the cataract sounds loud.
Its torrent dashes down three thousand feet from high; As if
the Silver River fell from azure sky. 赏析:原诗的第一句中一个―生‖字把静止的香炉峰写富有了性。许生同样一个exhales(―散发出‖或―出‖)也香炉峰人化了。a wreath of cloud形―紫烟‖，其中名词wreath(―花环‖)，有―缭绕‖以及―色彩丽‖
SEEING MENG HAO-RAN OFF AT YELLOW CRANE
TOWER My friend has left the west where the Yellow Crane
towers; For River Town green with willows and red with
flowers. His lessening sail is lost in the boundless blue sky;
Where I see but the endless River rolling by. 赏析:
the Yellow Crane towers，既交代了友人行，又道出了黄鹤楼美景，句颇为押韵。第二句许先生创造性地运用称整齐的句式，green with willows和red with flowers译出了满目春色。许先生三、四句的表方式上做了大胆调整，―‖字前，使之更符合英语的表达习惯，同时还加了个不影响深意且注有韵脚的词语，如his，where I see，勾画除了诗人目送行舟，江边怅惘的心情。His lessening sail is lost in the boundless blue sky表现出诗人看着小船渐消失在远方
踏莎行 Treading On Grass 相见欢 Joy At Meeting 点绦唇 Rouged Lips
满江红 The River All Red 模鱼儿 Groping For Fish
玉楼春 Spring In Jade Pavilion 昼
西江月 The Moon Over The West River 风入松 Wind Through Pines 双双
洞仙歌 Song Of A Fairy In The Cave 柳枝词 Willow Branch Song 算
更漏子 Song Of Water Clock At Night 南歌子 A Southern Song
瑞龙吟 Auspicious Dragon Chant
祝英台令 Slow Song Of Zhu Ying Tai 扬州慢 Slow Tune
Of Yangzhou 声声慢 Slow, Slow Song
摊破(又名摊、添字)和促拍这两术语都表示在原调础上加了字、句。而减字、偷声则是在原调基础上减少了字句，而另成新调。摊破和字是就数而言，而促拍和偷声是调言。所以摊破可译成Lengthened Form，促拍可译成Quickened Tune，减
减字木兰花 Shortened Form Of Lily Magnolia Flowers 摊破浣沙 Lengthened Form Of Silk-Washing Stream 五、根源于历史掌故的词牌
Curtain，就是没考虑到它的来源望文生义译出来的，尤其是Southern一词不知从何来。据此，我以为直成Oiled Hat未免太，不译Water-bag Dance。这样既点明了是舞曲，又可使读者领略到舞蹈的内容
《菩萨》据考证原今缅甸境内古代罗摩国的乐，后经汉族乐工改制而来。唐苏鹗从《杜阳杂编》说:大中(唐宣宗年号)初，女蛮国贡双龙犀……其国(人危髻金，缨珞被体，故谓之菩萨。当时倡优制菩萨蛮;文人亦往往声其词。见《萨蛮》中的菩萨与我们的佛祖萨(BuddhaBuddhist Idol)并无关系，词牌的意思是象菩萨似的蛮国人。有人将译成Buddhist Dancers，真是差之毫厘之千里!因为形容词Buddhist是佛的，
的舞者，佛教中有没有舞者尚且不论，光意就南辕北辙。如译成Dancers Like Buddha或Buddha-like Dancer 还强过去，或脆为Song Of The Country Norm，既简单又明了，只是失去了菩萨这
如《念奴娇》，奴为唐玄宗天宝年间一著歌妓，玄宗时常诏见命歌，曲名本。如果不知此曲底里，它译成Dreaming Of Her Charm那令人捧腹。 有人将它译成Charm Of A Maiden Singer，歌手和娇都译出来了，可我认为Maiden词用得不当。Maiden一词在英文中是女或未婚女子的意思，把它用在古时的歌妓身上未免太圣了，不如去掉Malden，成Charm Of A Singer。Charm多女子的，所以可不必担心读者弄错。Singer的性别。从这个意义上讲，Maiden也可删去，当然若其换译Woman也未尝不可。这里还涉到专有名词译法，念奴这个名字对于大多数中国人尚且陌生，更不用说外国人了，译出来也不一定知道，而妨碍意思的理解，故此处撇下不管，A Singer代替即可。类似的况都可如此处理:如《昭君怨》就可译成Lament Of A Fair Lady。也可用加注的办法，如《虞美人》就可成The Beautiful Lady Yu，这样外
洒上空枝见血痕。 Song of the Burial of Flowers Cao Xueqin [Qing Dynasty]
Flowers fade and fall and fly about up in the sky,
But who pities the loss of your fragrance when you die? Like gossamer you float and land on pavilions, With your fallen petals clung soft to fine curtains. In my boudoir I sigh over the close of spring,
But there‘s no way to express my sorrowful feeling. Spade in hand, I go out from under my fine curtain, To and fro on fallen petals, how can I bear treading?
Willow twigs and elm buds send sweet scents as they may, Who cares when peach and plum petals are in decay? Next year peach and plum trees will be in bloom again, But who will be
the master of my boudoir then?
In March lunar swallows have got their nests ready, They on the beam seem to be those without mercy.
Next year in their flight, fresh flowers they may peck, though, All that they and I have will be lost, they never know. There are three hundred and sixty days in one year, With you the elements of nature are severe.
Time is not long for you to be bright and charming, Your trace and track are hard to find in your drifting. You are easy to see when open but hard when fallen,
Before the stairs I am worried where to find your remains. Against the spade I lean and in secret weep sudden,
Splashed on your bare branches are my tears like bloodstains.
The cuckoo ceases its warbling at twilight,
With my spade I return and shut the doors tight. I go to bed with a lone oil lamp still shining, My quilt is not warm when a cold rain is falling. I feel at heart it is a matter quite nerve-racking, For I like spring or I feel sad over its leaving. Spring I love and my sorrow repair at a fast pace, They come silent and go without leaving a trace. Last night beyond pavilions sad song seemed rising, Was it the souls of flowers or birds that were singing? It is always hard to ask their souls to stay behind, That birds are silent and flowers feel ashamed, I find. I wish to have two wings under my arms to fly, After you unto the farthest end of the sky. At the farthest end of the sky,
Where can I find the grave of your fragrance lie? Better in silk to shroud your petals fair, With a handful of clean earth as your attire. For pure you have come and pure you repair, Lest you fall into some foul ditch or mire. I hold a burial when you die today,
But there‘s no telling when I pass away. Others laugh at me that have buried thee, Who will be the one that shall bury me? At the farthest end of the sky,
Where can I find the grave of my fragrance lie? The end of spring makes flowers fall one by one, It‘s also the time when
beauty meets its doom. Once beauty is carried to its very tomb,
Both beauty and flowers perish known to none.
The poet and the background note: Cao Xueqin (? ~1764) was one of the most famous novelists and poets in the history of Chinese literature. Born in an influential Manchurian bureaucratic family, he had high cultural
accomplishments and outstanding competence for art. During the reign of the Qing Emperor Yongzheng, his father was involved in a political struggle within the ruling class, defeated, so his family suffered a heavy blow both politically and financially. Thereafter, his family circumstances deteriorated. However, adversity brought talent in return. It was when he was plunged in such an embarrassing circumstance that he had the chance to contact himself with the underprivileged of the then society, thus giving him specific, intense experience, and enabling himself to see better of life. He spent as was recorded, at least ten years busying himself with the production of the novel The Dream of the Red Chamber, in which, through a detailed description of the rise and fall of an influential noble family of that time, he created a great number of typical characters, conducted in-depth analyses and criticisms of the then evil society and, at the same time, sang ebullient praises of
both the male and female youths who were considered heretical in pursuit of love. The Dream of the Red Chamber is seen as a great realistic masterpiece among the Chinese classic novels. But the novel reveals a kind of pessimism and sentimentalism past cure. With the tone of Lin Daiyu, one of the heroines in The Dream of the Red Chamber, the author Cao Xueqin blended human feelings with nature in this novel as if in confirmation of man‘s helplessness in the presence of the change of nature and the flight of time. As is known to all that have read it, Lin is a sentimentalist who, taking as part of her life the enjoyment of flowers and moonlight, tends to shed tears at the sight of flowers falling, and feel sad when finding the moon waning. In fact, Flowers bloom and then flowers die, There‘s no need for her to
give a sigh. It is the very law of nature, she ought not to take pains to bother. Relentless away time flies,
从明天起，做一个幸福的人 From tomorrow on,I will a
over the world
the sea,with spring flowers blossoming 从明天起，和每一个亲
人通信 From tomorrow on,I will write to each of my dear ones
给每一条河每一座山取一个温暖的名字 And give a warm
name for every river and every mountain
Strangers,I will also give you my well-wishing
I only wish to face the sea,with spring flowers blossoming
In heaven let us be two birds flying ever together, and on
earth two trees with branches interlocked forever.
在天愿做比翼鸟，在地愿为连理枝。 A Young idler,an old
少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲 Where, before me, are the ages
that have gone? And where, behind me, are the coming generations? I think of heaven and earth, without limit, without end, And I am all alone and my tears fall down.
前不见古人， 后不见来者; 念
下。 I would part with you only when mountains had no rocks, rivers had no water, thunders shocked in winter, snow fell in summer, and distinction disappeared between the sky and the earth.
雷震震， 夏雨雪， 天地合， 乃敢与
world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover. It omes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
小如一首歌，小如一回永恒的接吻。Sorrow is hushed into
peace in my heart like the evening among the silent trees.
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.Stray Bird-Ranbindranath Tagore
Take away love, and our earth is a tomb.
running water with a sword, it will faster flow; Drink wine to drown your sorrow, it will heavier grow. -----------Li Bai <<Farewell To Uncle Yun, The Imperial Libr arian, At The Xie Tiao Pavilion In Xuanzhou>>
>> The friendship between men of virtue is light like water, yet affectionate; the friendship between men without virtue is sweet like wine, yet easily broken. 君
But how much love has the inch-long grass For three spring months of the light of the sun?
Within you I lose myself,without you I find myself wanting to be lost again.
We wish each other a long life so as to share the beauty of this
graceful moonlight, even though miles apart.
但愿人长久，千里共婵娟。 If love between both sides can
last for aye, why need they stay together night and day?
I shall have some peace there,for peace come dropping slow,dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;there midnight's all a-glimmer,and noon a purple glow,and evenin
g full of the linnet's wings.《The Lake Isle of Innisfree》
The one who know I, call my heart sorrow, don't know me, calling me beg.
The tree would like to be quiet but the wind is blowing while children would like to support but parents can't wait .
用英语说我们的吉祥话（值得收藏） 来源： 朴香花的日志
金玉满堂：Treasures fill the home
岁岁平安：Peace all year round
恭喜发财：Wishing you prosperity
和气生财：Harmony brings wealth
心想事成：May all your wishes come true
吉祥如意：Everything goes well
国泰民安：The country flourishes and people live in peace
招财进宝：Money and treasures will be plentiful
一帆风顺：Wishing you every success
步步高升：Promoting to a higher position
出入平安：Safe trip wherever you go
郎才女貌 talented guy and beautiful lady
天缘巧合 a destiny given by heaven and a wonderful match
天作之和 a match by heaven
心心相印 a complete meeting of minds
永结同心 to be of one mind forever
相亲相爱 to be kind and love to each other
百年好合 a harmonious union lasting a hundred years
永浴爱河 bathe in a river of love forever
佳偶天成 an ideal couple
百年琴瑟 married couple for a hundred years
百年偕老 (of a married couple) to stick to each other for a hundred years
花好月圆 the flowers are in full bloom, and the moon is full-ideal time for wedding
福禄鸳鸯 a happy wealthy couple
天缘巧合 a destiny given by heaven and a wonderful match
美满良缘 a happy and wonderful marriage
夫唱妇随 the man sings, the wife follows - domestic harmony
珠联璧合 an excellent match
凤凰于飞 a couple of phoenixes on the wing-happy marriage
美满家庭 a happy family
琴瑟和鸣 marital harmony; happy married life
相敬如宾 (of a married couple) to respect each other as if the other were a guest
同德同心 to be of one mind
宜室宜家 to make a harmonious and orderly home breath
鸾凤和鸣 harmony in marriage
白头偕老 (of a married couple) to stick to each other till the hair turns gray
情投意合 to be congenial; to agree in taste and temperament
花开并蒂 a good marriage
美满良缘 A happy and wonderful marriage
1，Luan and Phoenix Sing together
2，Harmony in marriage
bad news has wings.
barking dogs seldom bite.
beauty lies in the love's eyes.
be swift to hear, slow to speak.
better late than never.
better to ask the way than go astray.
between friends all is common.
birds of a feather flock together.
blood is thicker than water.
blood will have blood.
1. 爱屋及乌 love me, love my dog.
2. 百闻不如一见 seeing is believing.
3. 比上不足比下有余 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best , but be better than the worst.
4. 笨鸟先飞 a slow sparrow should make an early start.
5. 不眠之夜 white night
6. 不以物喜不以己悲 not pleased by external gains , not saddened by personnal losses
7. 不遗余力 spare no effort; go all out ; do one`s best
8. 不打不成交 no discord , no concord.
9. 拆东墙补西墙 rob peter to pay paul
10. 辞旧迎新 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new.
11. 大事化小小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all.
12. 大开眼界 open one`s eyes; broaden one`s horizon; be an eye-opener.
13. 国泰民安 the country flourishes and people live in peace.
14. 过犹不及 going too far is as bad as not going far enough ; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little .
17. 好事不出门恶事行千里 good news never goes beyond the gate , while bad news spread far and wide.
18. 和气生财 harmony brings wealth
20. 既往不咎 let bygones be bygones
22. 金玉满堂treasures fill the home .
23. 脚踏实地be down-to-earth
24. 脚踩两只船 sit on the fence
25. 君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green.
26. 老生常谈，陈词滥调 cut and dried, cliche
27. 礼尚往来courtesy calls for reciprocity
29. 马到成功 achieve immediate victory ; win instant success.
30. 名利双收 gain in both fame and wealth
31. 茅塞顿开 be suddenly enlightened
33. 每逢佳节倍思亲 on festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one`s dear ones far away. It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
34. 谋事在人成事在天 the planning lies with man, the outcome with heaven. Man proposes, god disposes
35. 弄巧成拙 be too smart by half; cunning outwits itself.
36. 拿手好戏 masterpiece
37. 赔了夫人又折兵 throw good money after bad.
38. 抛砖引玉 a modest spur to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale
39. 破釜沉舟 cut off all means of retreat; burn one`s own way of retreat and be determined to fight to the end
41. 巧妇难为无米之炊 if you have no hand you can`t make a first. One can`t make bricks without straw.
42. 千里之行始于足下a thousand – li journey begins with the first step—the highest eminence is to be gained step by step
44. 前人栽树后人乘凉 one generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests. One sows and another generation rests. One sows and another reaps.
45. 前怕狼后怕虎 fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind hesitate in doing something。
control a snake in its old haunt-powerful outsiders can hardly afford to neglect local bullies.
47. 强强联手 win-win co-operation
50. 人逢喜事精神爽joy puts heart into a man.
51. 人海战术 huge-crowd strategy
53. 世外桃源 a fictitious land of peace away from the turmoil of the world;
54. 死而后已 until my heart stops beating.
55. 岁岁平安 peace all year round.
56. 上有天堂下有苏杭 just as there is paradise in heaven, ther are suzhou and hangzhou on earth.
58. 三十而立 a man should be indepent at the age of thirty; at thirty, a man should be able to think for himself.
60. 四十不惑 life begins at forty
62. 水涨船高 when the river rises, the boat floats high.
63. 时不我待 time and tide wait for no man.
65. 实事求是 seek truth from facts ; be practical and realistic ; be true to facts
66. 说曹操，曹操到 talk of the devil and he comes.
67. 实话实说speak the plain truth; call a spade a spade ; tell it as it is
69. 山不在高，有仙则名no matter how high the mountain is , its name will spread far and wide if there is a fairy.
70. 韬光养晦 hide one`s capacities and bide one`s time.
71. 糖衣炮弹 sugar-coated bullets
73. 团结就是力量 unity is strength.
74. 跳进黄河洗不清even if one jumped into the yellow river, one can not wash oneself clean; there`s nothing one can do to clear one`s name .
77. 往事如风the past has vanished (from memory)like wind; what in past, is past
81. 唯利是图 draw water to one`s mill
84. 无风不起浪 there are no waves without wind. There`s no smoke without fire.
85. 徇私枉法 bend the law for the benefit of relatives or friends
86. 新官上任三把火 a new broom sweeps clean
89. 心想事成 may all your wish come true.
90. 心照不宣 have a tacit understanding ; give tacit consent; tacit understanding
91. 先入为主 first impressions are firmly entrenched
93. 像热锅上的蚂蚁 like an ant on a hot pan
94. 现身说法 warn people by taking oneself as an example
95. 息事宁人 pour oil on troubled waters
96. 喜忧参半 mingled hope and fear
97. 循序渐进step by step
100. 鱼米之乡 a land of milk an honey; a land flowing with milk and honey.
102. 有钱能使鬼推磨 money makes the mare go; money talks. 103. 有识之士 people of vision
104. 有勇无谋 use brawn rather than brain
105. 有缘千里来相会 separated as we are thousands of miles apart, we come together as if predestination.
106. 与时俱进 advance with times
110. 欲速则不达 haste does not bring success
111. 优胜劣汰survival of the fittest
112. 英雄所见略同 great minds think alike
114. 冤假错案cases in which people were unjustly, falsely or wrongly charged or sentenced ; unjust, false or wrong cases
115. 一言既出驷马难追a real man never goes back on his words. 116. 招财
117. 债台高筑become debt-ridden
119. 众矢之的target of public criticism
120. 知己知彼百战不殆 know the enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles with no dander of defeat.
121. 纸上谈兵be an armchair strategist
11 Sweeny Street
San Francisco, CA 94134
Telephone No: (415) 468 1524
Email id: email@example.com
• Extremely talented magazine advertising sales expert having experience in
marketing, business development, account management, advertising, client relationship management, and strategic planning.
• Due to sales expertise continuously exceeded sales objectives. Demonstrated ability in managing the sales teams and guiding in daily operations for the multimillion-dollar publications. Inclusive background in marketing collateral development, copy writing, and presentation creation. Influential in maximizing revenue potential, expanding client base, and
rising client retention levels in the highly competitive markets.
BIG Communications Pvt. Ltd., San Bruno, CA
Regional Sales Manager
• Trained and supervised sales representative in daily job operations. Constantly exceeded sales objectives. Introduced and developed new customer service protocols. Improved the levels of customer retention within saturated markets. Played a vital role in expanding market share and increasing sales levels
through effective marketing programs and strategic planning.
Showtek Magazine, San Diego, CA
• Every time established goals for the sales of magazine. Developed and computerized advertising programs and strategic marketing that resulted in increased revenue levels. Handled operations within the advertising department on regular basis.
• Led customer expansion efforts and business development that helped in
optimized revenue potential.
CSIRO Publishing, San Francisco, CA
Regional Sales Representative
• Carried out all the aspects of sales activities such as telemarketing, lead generation, business development and cold calling. Responsible for handling account management initiatives for high profile
Dover Publications, San Marcos, CA
Regional Sales Manager
• Handled all the sales responsibilities within the assigned area. Regularly generated advertising revenue.
University of California, San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Public Relations
42 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd,
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
Telephone No: 651-296-1115
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Seeking for the peak opportunity to serve as an entry level advertiser for a growth oriented company.
• Excellent ability to develop long standing client relationship. Able to manage basic computer skills. Having positive attitude. Excellent social skills. Good communication and writing skills.
• Proficient with computer literate such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point and Internet. Confident in dealing with people. Excellent leadership and organizational skills. Excellent creativity.
Alfred University, Athens, GA
• Responsible for managing data entry of all records. Responsible for answering telephone calls and inquiries. Produce and write the monthly newsletter for faculty. Responsible for helping academic staff members with record keeping. Big Supermarket, Athens, GA
• Responsible for serving customers. Responsible for handling large amount of cash. Responsible for train new recruit. Balanced cash register.
Graduate in Advertising and Media
References: Available upon request.