单项填空(从A、B、C、D四个选项中找出可以填入空白处的最佳选项)。 1.When Jack arrived, he learned Mary for almost an hour.
A. had gone B. had been away
C. had left D. had away 答案: B
分析:时间段短语(”for almost an hour”)只能修饰延续性动词或是状态。Go, leave均为瞬间动词，不能被 “for almost an hour”修饰。D缺动词，句子结构不完整。
2.The ground is very wet, it last night.
A. should have rained B(can’t have rained
C. must have rained D. shouldn’t have rained
分析:must have done 表示对过去或已完成动作的肯定推测，should (not)have done 为虚拟语气，表示本(不)应该怎样。Can’t have done 表示对过去或已完成动作的否定推测。
3.With him the way, we had little trouble finding the school.
A. leading B. led C. to lead D. lead
分析: 逻辑主语Him 与动词lead the way 是主动关系，且with + sb 后只能跟doing(表主动) 或是done(表被动) 的形式，因此选表示主动关系的A。
4. ——Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother,
——I don’t know,
A. so I don’t care B. nor do I care
C. I don’t care neither D. I don’t care also
5. ——Let me introduce myself to you. I’m Tom Smith.
A. What a pleasure B. It’s my pleasure
C. Pleased to meet you D. I’m very pleased
6.After hour and a half, we watched a(an) football match.
A. an; living B. one; living C. one; alive D. an; live
分析:an hour/two hours /… and a half 表示一个/两个/…半小时, living 作形容词表示”活着的”;”alive”只做后置定语或是表语, 也表示”活着的”; “live”做形容词是”现场的”意思,如a live concert(一场现场音乐会).
7. We visited Haier Group last Sunday , products sell well at home and abroad.
A. when B. whose C. its D. on which 答案: B
分析: 考察定语从句疑问代词的用法.whose 表示所属关系.
8. Closing factory means more workers out of work.
A. to put B. put C. putting D. being put 答案: C
分析: means连接对等成分,closing 与putting 同为动名词,构成平衡结构.
9.I my great achievements(成就) to the help of my beloved teachers.
A. owe B. share C. strike D. own 答案: A
分析: “owe sth to sb” 表示”将谋事归功于某人” 或是”欠某人谋事”
10.——When will the bus leave?
——It very soon.
A. is leaving B. leave C. would leave D. left 答案: A
分析: go, come, leave 等动词的进行时可表示将来时.
11. Many possible means been fried, but worked.
A. have; none B. has; a few C. has; none D. have; a few
12. More and more people would like to live in the countryside there is fresh air and lower price of housing.
A. that B. where C. which D. when 答案: B
13. The teacher advised Joe to before deciding to quit school.
A. think about B. think twice C. think up D. think over
分析:think about “考虑”,think up(an idea)”想出(主意等)”,think over(the problem) “仔细考虑(问
14. Someone called me at midnight, but he hung up I could answer it.
A. after B. before C. until D. while 答案: B
15. Mary’s bother promised to go to London with us, but now he is considering
A. he doesn’t go B. not to go C. not going D. not go
分析: consider 表示”认真考虑”时,有consider sth; consider doing sth 的句型,表示”认为”时,有consider sb to be sth; consider that 的句型,表示”考虑到(某事物)时”,一般用considering that/sth considered 构成状语从句.这儿考察consider 表示”认真考虑”的意思.
16. It is generally considered unwise to give a child ________ he or she wants.
A . however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
分析: 词义辨析. however表示无论如何…, whatever表示无论什么,whichever表示无论哪个, 接名词, whenever表示无论什么时候. 题目的意思是, “孩子要什么就给什么是不明智的”.
17(— My best friend’s in a bad mood.
— How about ________ her some flowers?
A. giving B. given C. to give D. give
分析: how / what about doing sth, 用于提出建议,表示“…做如何?”
18(On my birthday I got a watch from my uncle, ________ was made in Japan.
A. who B. that C. which D. what
分析: 考察非限定性定语从句的用法, 非限定性定语从句中只能用which引导的从句修饰先行词.
19(The news came as no surprise to me, for I ________ of it earlier.
A. hear B. heard C. have heard D. had heard 答案: D
分析: 本题考察时态, 过去完成时(had done)表示相对于过去一个动作的过去,此处”heard”发生在”the news came”的过去,因此应该用过去完成时.
20(— Why are they pulling down the houses?
— ________ a new parking lot.
A. Build B. To build C. Building D. Built
分析: To do 句型表示目的.
21(I ________ on a sofa because my parents have come for the weekend.
A. slept B. was sleeping C. have slept D. am sleeping 答案: D
分析: 根据时态一致原则,主句应该用现在时态,故排除A,B. C为完成时态,不符合全句的意思, D表示现在的状态,是正确选项.
22(The Chinese are good at table tennis ________ the English are interested in football.
A. if B. as C. while D. since
分析: While 除了表示”当…”的意思, 还可以连接两个具有轻微对比的句子. 此句的意思是: 中国 人擅长乒乓球,而英国人对足球更感兴趣.
23(Since you don’t like ________ you don’t have to go skiing.
A. it B. this C. that D. them 答案: A
分析: it 后指”go skiing”
24(You can never play the piano better if you don’t practise ________.
A. much B. more C. less D. most 答案: B
分析: 句意理解,”若不更多的练习, 你的钢琴不会有进步的”.”more”照应”better”.
25(Was it in front of the market ________ the road accident happened yesterday?
A. where B. that C. which D. why 答案: B
分析: 考察强调句型, it is+ 强调成分+ that+ 句子剩余部分.
26(You ________ be hungry yet; you had a big cake only an hour ago.
A. may not B. mustn’t C. can’t D. needn’t
分析: 考察推断句型, must 表示肯定判断, can 用于疑问与否定句型, 表示”可能…吗?”/ ”不可能是”.
27(The most popular food for foreigners ________ on any menu in Beijing is roast duck.
A. include B. including C. to include D. included 答案: D
分析: 动词的逻辑主语”the most popular food for foreigners” 与动词”include”是被动关系,用动词过去分词式”included”表示”(被)包含在所有北京菜单上的最有名的菜式是烤鸭”.
28(The mother, along with her two daughters, ________ from the sinking aircraft by a passing
A. have rescued B. have been rescued
C. has rescued D. has been rescued 答案: D
分析: 考察主谓一致与动词的格. 当along with 修饰名词时,句子动词仍与along with 之前的名词保持性、数、格的一致.另外,此句中主语是”被拯救”,因此,应选表示动词的单数被动形式, 即D.
29(________ every mistake you make, you’ll lose half a mark.
A. For B. At C. To D. By
分析: for 有in spite of 的意思, 表示”虽然,纵使”.
30(This painting is splendid, but ________ we actually need it is a different matter.
A. that B. what C. whether D. how
分析: 句意分析, 此处whether接完整的句子”we actually need it”做全句的主语, 意思是”我
31(Thank you, but I’ll have to ________ your offer.
A. turn away B. turn down C. turn back D. turn off
分析: 词义辨析, turn away 目光移开; 拒绝某人进入, turn down 折回,返回; 使某人
折回, turn off关掉;离开马路, turn down调低;拒绝.
32. A great-grandmother of mine, who was _____ friend of Gibbon, lived to _____age of
A. a, an B. the ,the C. a, the D. the, an 答案:C
分析: 考察冠词, a friend of sb, 表示”某人的朋友”, 用泛指意义; the age of + 具体年龄,特指
33. After eighty, she found she had _____ to sleep, so she spent the hours from midnight to 3 a.m
in reading popular science.
A. some difficulties in getting B. some trouble in getting
C. some troubles to get D. any difficulty to get 答案: B
分析: have (some) difficulty/trouble (in) doing sth 做某事有困难.
34. As regards health, I have nothing _____ to say since I have ________ of illness.
A. useful, few experiences B. use, little experience
C. to use, some experience D. useful, little experience 答案: D
分析: something/anything/nothing 接后置形容词, 排除B,C. Experience 作”经验”解为不可数
35. I think that a successful old age is easiest for those ______ have strong interests in appropriate
A. that B. who C. which D. they 答案: B
分析:一般情况下, who 引导先行词为人的定语从句时,可用that 替代,但先行词是those时只
36. You may find that your life will be empty _______ you concern(关心) yourself with your
children and grandchildren.
A. if B. when C. unless D. though
分析:词义辨析, if 如果; when 当…的时候; unless 除非; though 虽然, 即使. 题干意思是,
37. ____ the girls are into football nowadays.
A. A great deal of B. The number of C. A good many of D. A great many
分析:词义辨析. A great deal of表示”很多”, 但只修饰不可数名词; The number of表示”…的数
量是” ,注意与” a number of ”区分. A good many 和a great A good many都表示”很
多”,可直接加被修饰的名词, 或是加of + the +n.
38. Would you like to ____ the cause of the fire?
A. explain to us B. tell us what C. talk us why D. say us how
分析: talk to sb about sth, say to sb, 故排除 C, D. “the cause of the fire” 是短语,而非句子,因此
排除”what” , 选择 A.
39. ----“Tom likes swimming but he doesn’t like to swim today.”
A. So do I B. Me, too C. Nor do I D. It’s the same with me
分析: 当表示与提到的情况一样时, 肯定用 so + 助动词 + 主语, 否定用 neither+助动词 +
主语, 若是既有肯定又有否定, 用It is the same with sb.
40. ---- “ Do you mind my smoking here?”
A. No, I don’t mind. B. Yes, do as you like. C. Yes, I would. D. Yes please.
分析: 对于回答” Do you mind sb doing sth? ”的提问, 表示”不介意”应当用 “No, I don’t
mind” 回答, 表示”介意”一般用”Sorry, but …”句型.B前后句意矛盾, D是对”May I
do sth?” 的回答,C 为错误表达.
41. ----“Where is your father? ”
----“He ____ Beijing for a week.”
A. has gone off to B. has left for C. has been off to D. has set off for
分析: 表示一段时间的状语(“for a week”)只能修饰持续动词或是状态,因此排除A,B,D, 选择
42. ----I was _____ to do my homework ______ the telephone rang.
A. about, then B. about, when C. just, at that time D. going, suddenly
分析: be about to do sth/ be doing sth + when 从句,表示”正准备做什么/正在做什么, 突然”
43. “Which subject do you like best, Tom?” The teacher asked Tom which subject_____.
A. did you like best B. did he like best C. he likes best D. he liked best
分析: 考察主从句的配合. 主句为过去式, 因此从句也应当用过去式, 且应为陈语序.
44. I don’t think he _____ what happens to his family.
A. take care B. cares about C. cared of D. was careful 答案: B
分析:词义辨析. Take care照顾,照料; care about sth/ care if/ where, why, who关心,在意; care
for照顾,喜欢; be careful仔细.
45. He feels quite _____ sometimes, because he lives _____ in a ______ village.
A. lonely, alone, lonely B. lonely, lonely, remote C. alone, lonely, small D. hopeless, lonely, alone 答案: A
分析:词义辨析. Lonely, abj”感到寂寞的;偏僻的”. alone adv, adj”独自的”, 不做前置定语. lone
46. Mary began to practise ______ the piano everyday when she was in her _____.
A. to play, twenty B. playing, twenty C. playing, twenties D. to play, twenties
分析: practise doing sth练习做某事, in one’s twenties二十几岁的时候.
47. --It is said that you have passed the driving test, Mary?
A. Glad to hear that B. Thank you C. That's right D. It's my pleasure 答案: C
分析: A 用于表示对对方的祝贺, B 为表达谢意用语, 但题干并未提到祝贺, 因此此处不用
表示感谢, D 为回答感激或谢意的用语, 与题目不俯. C 对题目的疑问给出了直接回答, 为
48. My brother telephoned the airport to make ___ of the
time of the plane.
A. right B. true C. sure D. real
分析: 固定搭配make sure of sth 表示”查明, 确定”.
49. --What about my answer, sir?
--Sorry, it' s ________ wrong.
A. very B. fairly C. rather D. quite
分析: 固定表达, wrong 不与very 或是 rather 连用, 而后fairly做形容词时, 一般表示
50. Mr. Smith is difficult to please. He shows no content with _________ I do. A. what B. whatever C. which D. that
分析: 由with 引出的介词宾语从句缺少主语, 排除C,D. 由句子意思判断B 更为贴切.
51. A computer is so useful a machine _________ we can use everywhere. A. that B. which C. as D. what
分析: 此处考察 so…that 与so… as 句型的区别.so…that 接状语从句, 是完整的句子.
So…as接定语从句, 从句本身的成分要由as 引导的先行词补充完整. We can use everywhere
52. The TV set he _____ works well now.
A. has repairing B. having repaired C. has been repaired D. has had repaired
分析: He 引导的是省略that 的定语从句, 可排除B. C 为被动语态, 不符合逻辑. A 语
法错误, 因此选择D, 表示”他已经让人修好的电视机工作正常”.
53. Hearing the news, she rushed out, ________the book ________ on the table and disappeared
into the distance.
A. left; lain open B. left; lay opened C. leaving; lie opened D. leaving; lying open
分析: lie 作及物动词, 表示”放”, 过去式为lay, 过去分词为lain; 作不及物动词时表示”
躺着”, 此处应取”躺着”的意思, 排除A, B, C. Leaving 作伴随状语, 题干意思连起来是, 听
到消息后,她飞奔出去, 消失在远处, 只留下书本, 敞开的躺在桌子上.
54. --Why are they so glad?
--Because they have _________ their rival again.
A. won B. hit C. defeated D. beaten
分析: 词义分析. win a match 赢得(只能接比赛,奖励等,不能接对手); hit sb 攻击某
人;defeat sb 打败,击败; beat sb 打,袭击某人.
55. The text is too difficult and _________ my reading comprehension, so I don' t like it.
A. under B. beyond C. over D. above
分析: beyond one’s comprehension 超越某人的理解范围.
56. Bob is always ready to help others and he never __________ our request. A. turn up B. turn over C. turn in D. turn down
分析:turn in 去睡觉, 把某人交给警方; turn over 仔细考虑某事, 把某物移交给某人,把
某人移交给警方; turn up 被发现, 找到某物, 到达某地, 开大; turn down 拒绝, 关小,调小.
56. It is said that the pen _________, so I bought one yesterday. A. writes well B. writes good C. is well written D. is good written
分析: sth 用起来/写起来如何, 用主动表示被动, 仍用副词修饰. 注意与sth 感觉起来
如何区别, 后者虽用主动表示被动,但要接形容词修饰, 如Silk feels soft.
58. He went downstairs __________ he heard someone knocking at the door. A. where B. under which C. when D. so
分析: when 引导时间状语从句, 表示”当…的时候”.
59. But for his help, we __________ our work yet.
A. didn't finish B. won' t finish C. haven't finished D. wouldn't have finished
分析: but for = without, 一般接虚拟语气, 表示”若没有…, 便不会…”.
60. Mum, I'll go to the post office now. Do you have anything ________ ? A. send B. sent C. to send D. to be sent
分析: sb have something to do, sb 有事情要亲自去做,
Sb have something to be done, sb 有事情要别人去做.
61. She is an easy-going girl. _________ you meet her, she will smile to you. A. As B. Every time C. While D. Since
分析: Every time 可接时间状语从句, 表示”每次…, 就会如何”.
62.There were some great national celebrations in town, the firework (焰火) displays
A. looking at B. finding out C. at the sight D. judging by 答案: D
分析: 词义选择. Judge by 通过… 来判断, look at 注视着, find out 找出, at the sight of 一
63. —How about the book on the most famous musicians of that age?
—Oh, Mozart’s story well.
A(has read B(reads C(has been read D(will read
分析: : sth 读起来/用起来/写起来如何, 用主动表示被动, 仍用副词修饰.
64. ---Everyone was at the party except you. What happened?
—I with a friend who had traveled all the way from New Orleans. A(was talking B(talked C(had talked D(have been talking
分析:因为全句用的是过去时态, 排除A. 过去完成时表示过去的过去, 与题意不符, 排除C.
A较 B 更为生动, 是最佳选项.
65. —Is there anything I can do for you, sir?
A. Sure. Go ahead B. No. Take your time C. Yes. You’re welcome D. Not now. Thanks anyway
66.My pain obvious the moment I entered the office, for the first man I met asked pitifully,
“Are you feeling all right?”
A. could be B. could have been C. must be D. must have been
分析:must have done 表示对过去动作的肯定推测, can 表示推测只用于否定与疑问句中,
must be 是对当下情况的推测, 与题目时态不符.
67.—Don’t you think hard work is what makes people succeed?
A. I couldn’t agree more B. I hope so
C. I’ve got it D. Wish you success
分析: 固定搭配, A 表示强烈赞同.
68. other young men, he enjoys popular music. A. Compared with B. In common with C. Referred to D. Talking of
分析: 搭配辨析. Compare with , 与…比较, 题干并没有比较的意思, 故排除; refer sb to sb 提交…给某人/某组织处理, 与题意不符; talk of 谈论, 谈到. In common with sb , 与某人具
69. Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, getting water is not the least.
A(for which B(to which C(in which D(of which
分析: 介词加which 构成定语从句时,介词的选取应根据上下搭配而定.本题中，定语从句可
还原为Getting water of all the troubles is not the least.
70. , and we’ll know the results of the contest.
A. Another 3 days B. Three days later C. After 3 days D. In three days
分析:B, C, D均只能作状语,文字不能单独成句,与and + 句子连用.
71. —I always look out when crossing the street.
—You’re right. You cannot be too______.
A. nervous B. careful C. hurried D. careless 答案: B
分析: 固定搭配, cannot be too careful “越小心越好”.
72. Within industries, companies are always trying to develop products that are one step better
than of other companies.
A. ones B. that C. those D. all 答案: C
分析: 在表示比较级的句子中, 指代之前出现的单数或不可数名词用that, 指代复数名词用
73. The team_____ by the famous Italian coach _____ among the best in the league.
A. to be headed; was B. headed; was
C. being headed; were D. having been headed; were 答案: B
分析: to be done/ doing 分别表示将来与现在, 因此句子时态应用现在时, A,C 前后时态不统
一, 可排除, team 做整体讲时动词用单数.
74.—Are you sure that you’ve met him before?
— I’m mistaken.
A. Unless B. If C. When D. Though 答案: A
分析: 词义辨析.Unless表示”除非”, if 表示”如果”, when表示”当…的时候”, though表示’虽
75. He was then the only among the there.
A. person asleep, people present B. asleep person, present people
C. person asleep, present people D. asleep person, people present
分析: asleep和present(表示”在场”时) 都是后置定语.
76. In class, Mr. Chen talks about Chinese history and art of
A. 不填, the, 不填 B. 不填, 不填, the
C. the, the, the D. the, 不填, 不填
分析:固定搭配，Chinese art/ the art of China, In class 表示“课堂上”.
77(——Would you tell me you want your tea , with sugar or milk ?
——Sugar , please .
A(whether B(when C(how D(what
分析: 对方式(”with sugar or tea” )提问,用how.
78(——Have a good rest ; you need to your energy for the football match this
——Thanks a lot .
A(leave B(save C(hold D(get
分析: 固定搭配, save…for…为…节省…
79(——I’m sorry , but there’s no smoking on this flight .
——Oh , I that . Sorry, I won’t do it again.
A(don’t know B(didn’t know C(won’t know D(haven’t known 答案: B
80(——I’m sorry I stepped outside for a break . I was very tired.
——There’s no for this while you are on duty .
A(excuse B(reason C(cause D. explanation 答案: A
分析: 词义辨析. Excuse”借口”, reason,”原因”,cause”原因”, explanation”解释”.
81(——Who did you stay with ?
A(Mr Green’s B(The Greens C(Greens D(The Mr Greens 答案: B
分析: 固定表达, …一家 the …+s 如: the Greens.
82( was once regarded as impossible is very common today .
A(That B(Which C(What D(Who
分析: 考察名词性从句的引导词, that 接完整的句子,what/who/which 接不完整的句子, what表示物,who表示人, which直接接名词.
83(The bicycles in the other shop will be but .
A(cheaper ; not as good B(more cheap ; not as better
C(cheaper ; not as better D(more cheap ; not as good 答案: A
分析: 考察比较级.单音节次直接在句末加er. As 接形容词原型.
84(——You look tired after search for the missing boy .
——Yes . I’d prefer to head for bed.
A(the; \ B(the ; the C(\;\ D(a; the 答案: A
分析: the search for the missing boy, 特指寻找失踪男孩的搜寻, 用定冠词. Head for bed, 固定搭配, 表示”立刻上床睡觉”.
85. _____ we continue to work hard, we can accomplish
our task in time.
A. as far as B. in the care
C. as long as D. despite
分析: 意义辨析. as far as 就..而; in the care of 在…的照顾下;as long as 只要; despite 虽
86(——What do you think of Francis ?
——There are some things that are not easy to , and his coldness is one .
A(put aside B(put up with C(think of D(get along with 答案: B
分析: 意义辨析. put aside 放在一边不予考虑; put up with 迁就; think of 想出; get along with 与…相处.
87(——Did a letter come for me ?
——Yes , came for you this morning .
A(that B(it C(the letter D(one
分析: 泛指”某一封信”, 故排除表示特指的A,B,C.
88(In short , he lives man belongs to some society .
A(anywhere B(somewhere C(where D(wherever 答案: D
分析: A,B 均为副词,不能引导状语从句. C 虽为连词,但意思不如D 贴切. 全句意思是:”无论住在哪里, 人都是属于一定社会结构的”.
89(——What’s the matter with you ?
——Oh , I’m not just feeling well in the stomach . I so much fried fish just now.
A(shouldn’t have eaten B(shouldn’t eat
C(mustn’t have eaten D(mustn’t eat
分析: 考察虚拟语气，shouldn’t have done “本不应该…”, 表示与过去情况相反.
90(Kate’s mobile phone was left in a taxi accidentally , never again .
A(to find B(finding C(to be found D(being found 答案: C
分析: 动词不定式, 尤其是接在never/only之后,可表示惋惜或是与愿望相反的情况. 被动语态排除A,B.
91.If you ___ to see Kate, what would you tell him?
A. are B. will be C. must D. were
分析: 虚拟语气, were to do/ should/ did(were), 表示与将来相反.
92. The rain will ____ our plan for a picnic.
A. affect B. influence C. effect D. infect
分析: 词义辨析.effect 是名词,不能做谓语;infect,”感染”,意思不对; influence 侧重主动
施加的影响, affect 则主要表示客观上造成的影响.
93. ____ other good students, the teacher thinks, Hank is ____ student.
A. compared with; a most satisfied B. compared to; the most satisfied
C. comparing to; the more satisfying D. compared with; a more satisfying
Compare …with …与…做比较..; 故排除B, C.
Satisfying 令人满意的, satisfied 感到满意的, 排除A.
94. The population of this city , forty percent of which____, ____ 15, in the last three years.
A. are Germans; has risen B. are German; has fallen try
C. is Germans; have increased to D. is Germans; has been reduced try
分析:population 作”人口”解时, 动词用单数;表示”人民”时, 动词用复数.
95. It was about 600 years ago ___ the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made.
A. that B. until C. before D. when
96. It was 1969 ___ two Americans got to the moon by space ship.
A. which B. when C. that D. as
分析: 区分强调句与定语从句. 强调句去掉it is 和that, 句子成分仍然完整, 定语从句
则不是. 依此判断,此句是定语从句,且先行词在从句中充当时间状语,应该用when 引导.
97. He is the only man ____ for the position.
A. likely B. possible C. probably D. possibly
分析: 词性考察.C,D 均为副词, 可排除. Likely 只有It is likely that / Sb is likely to do 的
98. When ____ about his plan, he said he hadn’t made any.
A. was asked B. asked
C. was asking D. asking
分析: when + done/doing, 省略与主句相同的主语,分别表示被动与主动.
这句话的确意思是: “当被问及自己的计划时, 他表示尚未形成”.
99. She asked the pupil ____ still, but they kept _____out of class.
A. to sit; to move B. to sit; moving
C. sit ; move D. sitting ;moving
Ask sb to do sth 让某人做某事;
Keep doing sth 保持做谋事.
100. Sometimes my job is tiring, but ____ I quite enjoy it.
A. at random B. by and large
C. in other words D. within easy reach
分析:固定词组辨析.At random, “随意的”; by and large “总体上来说,大体上”; in other words “换句话说”; within easy reach “在容易达到的范围内”.
1. Mrs. Brown is supposed to have left for England last
2. He is the more qualified of the two candidates for the position.
3. The night was so quiet that not a sound could.
4. At no time will China be the first to use nuclear weapons.
5. If only we had done as we were told! This would never have happened.
6. Had he worked, he would have succeeded.
7. Is there anyone against doing it this way?
8. Seen form space, our earth, with water covering 70% of its surface, appears as a “blue planet”.
9. I have explained everything that I can explain to you.
10. It being now pretty late, we took our candles and retied to our room.
11. Only then I realized how important it was to study
12. He couldn’t have left the campus, for I saw him in the classroom just a minute ago.
13. At the beginning of this semester, our history teacher
wrote out a list of books for us to read. 14. Jack was very keen on watching football matches on TV.
15. This new dress, together with a hat and gloves, has
cost me $250.
16. We could not do anything except just wait for him to
17. A group of people have organized to make sure that the school children will be in danger while crossing the street.
18. Although what happened in that country sounds like science fiction, it could occur elsewhere in the world.
19. She has grown up in urban areas and knew very little about the crops.
20. It was proposed that this matter should be considered
at the next meeting.
21. The boy can’t concentrate on his lesson.
22. Pay attention to details.
23. He is not what he used to be.
24. Our teacher had us write a composition on our college life .
25.“Don’t worry, he’ll soon be accustomed to living
26. Mary suggested not saying anything about it.
27. As Teacher Wang was ill, I’ll give you lessons instead.
28. Don’t trust him, no matter what he says.
29. My parents always regard me as a little child even though I am grown up.
30. He demanded that I pay to the money by Friday at the least.
31. Soon the sportsmen adjusted to the changeable weather of the city.
32. So little did I know about English that the lecture was completely beyond me .
33. After the students painted the house, its appearance
was quite different.
34. He has a habit of biting his fingers when he thinks hard.
35. The work we are doing is of great value.
36. How much do you know about China?
37. We often associate the Yellow River and the Changjiang River with the civilization of the Chinese people.
38. Once you have finished the design, you may have a
whole week off.
39. The pants are too tight for me, I’d like some loose ones.
40. The population of China is bigger than that of India.
41. Bob wishes that he had bought that house last spring.
42. Hearing the bell, the examinees knew it was time to stop.
43.”Isn’t this a great recording?” “Yes, but must you play
it so loud?”
44. The doctor sat next to the exit in case he had to leave early.
45. Ask him how much it cost.
46. Down jumped the burglar form the tenth floor when the policeman pointed his pistol at him. 47. It wasn’t an accident. He did it on purpose.
48. We will put off the picnic until next month when the
weather may be better.
49. No matter how dry a desert may be, it is not
50. I met the man you told me about.
51. It being weekend, we had no school. 52. Scarcely had I gone out when he came to see me. 53. Had I driven a little slower, I couldn’t have missed seeing you.
54. They request that we have a meeting tonight. 55. No one except my parents knows anything about the matter.
56. Is there anything else that must be done?
57. that she was chosen made us very happy.
58. He couldn’t have called you yesterday, for I didn’t
receive any call form him whole day. 59. Once seen saw, it can never be forgotten. 60. I regret to say that you fail.
1. With what is Walton obsessed?B. Reaching the North Pole
2. Mary Shelley wrote the novel Frankenstein in the form of a frame story that starts
one character wring letters to his sister. Who is that character B. Captain Robert Walton
3. To whom does Walton address his letters?B. Margaret Saville
4. What region of the world is Walton's intended area of exploration? D. The Arctic
5. What was Walton's ambition before turning to exploration?. To be a poet.
6. What is the subtitle of Frankenstein?B. "Or, The Modern Prometheus"
7. Where is the writer, and why is he there?
B. He is in the Arctic, exploring unknown regions.
8. At the beginning of the novel Robert Walton says that he has committed himself to
a voyage. This could be an example of what?
B. An emphasis upon the individual as master of his fate and fortune.
1. What poem does Walton quote from before setting sail?
"The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
2. What thoughtless act does the ancient mariner regret?
C. Shooting an albatross with his bow and arrow for no reason 3. How old is Walton at the beginning of the story? B.28
4. Why doesn't the lieutenant marry the woman he loves?D. She is in love with another man. 5. What kind of Walton's need isn't satisfied?A. Friend
1. What danger does Walton encounter while sailing?A. Sheets of ice
2. What is the name of Walton's sister?D. Margaret Saville
3\By whom this letter will reach England from Archangel?A. A merchantman
4. What season is it when Walton writes this letter?B. Summer
5. What kind of accident happens to their ship?C. both A and B
1. What is Walton's profession?C. An adventurer and sea captain
2. Where does the expedition find Victor Frankenstein?
C. On a floating piece of ice in the ocean.
3. How does Walton meet Victor?
C. Walton finds Victor on the northern ice and nurses him back to health. 4\To whom did Victor Frankenstein tell his entire story?
B. Robert Walton
5. To where Walton's expedition was headed when he meets the gigantic figure and the emaciated Victor? B\ North Pole
6. How does Walton describe the demeanor of the man he rescues?
A. Full of grief
7. How does Robert feel about Frankenstein?
D. He likes Frankenstein, and hopes they will become friends.
1. The marriage between Victor's parents comes about after __________. B. the death of Beaufort
2\Elizabeth Lavenza is __________.
D. a cousin of Victor's adopted by the Frankensteins
3. Victor Frankenstein, the creator of the monster, was born in which city?C. Naples
4. Victor Frankenstein's mother was the daughter of Beaufort, a friend of Victor's father. Who is
the mother of Victor Frankenstein?A. Caroline Beaufort
5. While growing up, what did Victor and his adopted sister call each other?A. Cousin
6. An unusual gift presented to young Victor by his parents is __________. B. Elizabeth
7. Who is Beaufort?D. All of the above
8. The Frankensteins' family home is in ___________.D. Geneva, Switzerland
1. Henry Clerval is __________.C. Victor's closest childhood friend
2. Victor's initial interest in science is sparked at age 13 when he reads __________. A. the works of Cornelius Agrippa
3. Who was Victor Frankenstein's closest friend? A. Henry Clerval
4. What sort of studies did Victor immerse himself in when he was young? D. Alchemy
5. What natural phenomena influenced Frankenstein? C. It was lightning.
6. What kind of stories has Henry Clerval always liked growing up? A. Romantic and heroic stories.
1. Who encourages Victor to pursue his interest in modern science? C. Professor Waldman.
2. What University did Victor Frankenstein attend at the age of 17? C. Ingolstadt.
3. Ultimately, Victor's schooling results in his obsession for __________. A. knowledge
4. How does Victor's mother die? C. She catches scarlet fever from Elizabeth.
5. Caroline dies peacefully with the assurance of __________.
D. a union between Elizabeth and Victor
6. Which of the following is not one of the alchemists whom Victor studies in his adolescence?
7. What two major events happened to Frankenstein when he was seventeen? C. His mother died and he went to the university at Ingolstadt to study.
1. Armed with scientific knowledge, Victor decides upon the artificial creation of __________.
A. a human
2. How often does Victor visit his family while in school?D. Never.
3. Victor (the scientist) tells Walton (the explorer) of his happy childhood and kind, indulgent
parents. How does Victor repay his family's devotion and love during the years he spends away at
Ingolstadt University ?
D. Victor is too consumed by his science studies and his desire to penetrate the mysteries of life and death to give time to family.
4. Having successfully discovered the means to generate life, Victor, dizzy with possibilities, sets about to manufacture a human being. Why is his creation so large?
B. Because Victor wishes to speed the process of construction, which would otherwise be slow due to the difficulty of working with tiny structures.
5\Victor's creation was made up of __________. D. different human and animal body parts
6. In which University Victor Frankenstein develops the technique to reanimate the dead tissues which ultimately leads to the creation of the monster?
University of Ingolstadt.
7. Where do the body parts used to assemble the monster come from? B. Graves.
1. While at university, what idea captivates Victor?D. The "secret of life". 2. Clerval's original purpose in coming to the University is to __________. D. study 3. After Victor's Creature comes alive, Victor looks at him and __________. D. all of the above 4. What type of illness afflicted Frankenstein the day after he completed his creation? D. He became ill with a fever and delirium for several months.
5. Who takes care of Victor when he falls ill after creating the monster? B. Henry 6. The horror Victor feels at the creature's movement can be defined as__________. B. a dream crashing into reality
7. How long did Victor spend on making his first creature?
B. He spent over two years.
1. What disturbing news does Victor receive in a letter from his father? A. His brother has been murdered.
2. Where did Frankenstein see the creature?
D. Frankenstein saw him just outside the gates of Geneva as he was returning home. 3. When Victor meets up with his creation in the mountains, how much time has passed? D. Two years.
4. Who was accused upon the death of William?C. Justine Moritz.
5. What piece of incriminating evidence is found in Justine's pocket?D. A locket. 6. Why is Justine accused of murder?B. The picture of Caroline is found in her dress 7. Who was the creature's first victim?C. William Frankenstein.
8. Who does Victor blame for the deaths of William and Justine?D. The creature.
1. Why does Justine say she confessed?
D. She had to for the priest to absolve her before death.
2. What happened to the accused person?
B. The accused person confessed under pressure, and was convicted and hanged. 3. What was Frankenstein's state of mind after the trial and its conclusion? C. He was filled with remorse for all he had done.
4. Who believed that Justine was innocent?B. Victor and Elizabeth.
5. Who are the first hapless victims to Victor's unhallowed arts?
A. William and Justine.
1. After Justine's condemnation, in order to mitigate his guilt and sadness, Victor __________.
C. wanders the mountains and valleys. 2. Where did Frankenstein go to seek relief? D. He traveled to the Apine valley and the village of Chamounix.
3. What does Victor consider, as he sails alone at night?C. Suicide by drowning.
4. At this point, what does Victor fear the most? B. That the creature will kill again. 5. What could redeem Victor's soul from woe?D. Nothing
1. Why does Victor remain in the creature's cave to hear his tale?
B. He hopes to hear that the creature was not responsible for William's death.
2. Where does Victor first have a conversation with his monster?
D. In a hut on a glacier near Montanvert.
3. What does the creature say made him a "fiend"?B. Misery
4. When Victor and his creature meet, how does the creature describe his feelings? D. Miserable beyond all living things.
5. Why, when they meet to talk, does the creature not kill Victor? B. He doesn't want to, because he wants something from Victor.
6. Where did Frankenstein meet his creature?C. They met at the summit of Montanvert. 7. What did the creature want of Frankenstein?
D. He wanted Frankenstein to listen to the account of his life so far.
1. How does the creature burn his hand?
C. Sticking it in the remains of a campfire
2. How long had the creature been at large before finding Victor? D. 2 years
3. How does the creature say he felt when he was first brought to life? D. Overwhelmed by sensations
4. How does the creature learn social norms?
A. Observing a family.
5. Where did the creature take shelter?
C. He stayed in a lean-to attached to a cottage
6. Walton is the first narrator in Frankenstein. Who are the other two? C. Victor and the Creature
1. How does the monster learn to speak?
A. By listening to Felix teach Safie his language
2. What does the monster think causes Felix, Agatha, and De Lacey to be unhappy C. Poverty.
3. When does the monster realize he is ugly?
A. When he looks in a pool
4. The monster stops stealing the cottagers' food because he__________.
C. realizes they need it
5. Which of the following was not an observation made by the creature about
the De Laceys'? D. They were very happy in spite of their situation.
1. How did the creature learn to speak and to read?
A. He observed and listened to the De Lacey family (the cottagers). 2. How does the Creature become acquainted with the ways of men -- their
nature, language, and laws?
D. The Creature learns by close observation of the De Lacey family, and by reading books he
3. What book does Felix use to teach Safie French?
D. Volney's Ruins of Empires
4. Who is Felix's fiancé who arrives at the cottage and cheers up the family? B. Safie
5. How did Safie communicate with the cottagers at the beginning they met?
B. By gestures and signs.
1. Why are Felix, Agatha, and De Lacey so poor?
C. The French court took their fortune and exiled them from France for helping Safie's father
escape from prison
2. What did Safie's mother teach her daughter to value?
3. In exchange for allowing Safie to marry him, what does Safie's father demand of Felix?
B. His help in escaping from prison
4. De Lacey was descended from a good family in which country?
5. What religious belief does Safie's mother hold?
1. The Creature's favorite book is Paradise Lost because he identifies himself with __________.
C. first Adam, then Satan
2. Which of the following books is not one of those read by the monster?
D. The Inferno
3. The monster begs De Lacey to ________.C. protect him
4. What was the reaction of the rest of the De Lacey family when they saw
B. Agatha fainted, Safie fled, and Felix hit him with a stick until he left the cottage
5. How does the creature/monster learn about how he was created?
C. Finds Victor's journal in the pocket of his cloak and reads it.
1. Why did the De Lacey family (the cottagers) leave their home?
B. They found out about the creature living next to them and became afraid. 2. Whom did the creature save?
D. He saved a girl from drowning.
.3\ What is the monster's reward for saving a girl from drowning?
A. He is shot.
4. Why does the creature want revenge on Victor?
B. Victor abandoned him.
5. The creature's chance encounter with William in the forest might be described as________.
C. both A and B
6. Why did the creature seize the small boy, William Frankenstein?
B. He wanted to educate him to become a companion.
7. What did the creature do to the boy?
C. He strangled the boy.
8. Why did the creature put the locket in Justine's pocket?
B. He intended that she should take the blame for the murder.
1. What demand does the monster make of Victor?
B. That Victor create a woman for him as a companion
2. When Victor travels to Chamounix, he __________.
C. meets the monster
3\ What does the creature say he will do as Victor fulfills his promise?
D. Watch him.
4. What condition does Victor set before he will grant his request?
D. That the creature finds somewhere to live that is uninhabited by man. 5. What does the creature say he will do if Victor refuses him?
D. Exact terrible revenge.
1. Henry Clerval might best be described as__________.
C. passionate and romantic
2. Why does Victor accompany Henry Clerval on a voyage to England and
C. To work on creating a female monster.
3. What do Elizabeth and Alphonse assume is the source of Victor's unhappiness?
D. Lack of desire to marry Elizabeth.
4. On his journey, what does Victor become convinced of?
B. That the creature is following him.
5. Who becomes Victor's traveling companion?
1. Victor goes to the Orkneys to__________.
C. create the female monster
2. How does Victor feel about his impending task?
3. In what country does Victor finally begin fulfilling his promise?
4. During his travels through the British Isles, Victor's anguish and torment -- sharpened by contrast with the delight and joy of his friend Henry -- invade his thoughts relentlessly. What does Victor fear?
A. That the Creature will wreak vengeance on him by killing the remainder of his family and his
5. With whom did Henry prefer to travel?
1. What most worries Victor about bringing another, female creature to life?
D. That the two will mate.
2. Why does Victor destroy the nearly finished female monster?
C. Victor imagines the Monster and his mate producing a race of monsters. 3. How does Victor put an end to his second experiment?
D. Tears it apart.
4. After falling asleep and being blown off course on a sail, on what country did Victor Frankenstein land in?
5. Victor stopped working on his second creature because „
C. he was disgusted by what he was doing
6. What does the creature call Victor?
D. His slave
7. What makes Victor decide to leave the island in two days?
C. A letter from Henry.
8. How does Henry dispose of the remains of his creature and his instruments?
D. Throws them in the sea.
9. What threat did the creature make when Frankenstein backed out on their agreement?
C. He said, “I will be with you on your wedding night.”
10. What happened to Frankenstein when he landed his boat?
D. He was accused of murder.
1. Whose death was Victor Frankenstein accused of?
A. Henry Clerval
2. To whom is Victor taken after Henry is murdered?
D. Mr. Kirwin
3. How does Victor react to seeing Henry’s corpse?
D. He falls into a long, feverish illness.
4. Why is Victor arrested?
D. For murder.
5. After passing out and remaining in delirium for two months, where does
Victor find himself?
A. In prison.
6. Who summons Victor’s father from Switzerland to visit Victor in prison?
D. Mr. Kirwin, an old and benevolent magistrate.
1. Who does Victor blame or the deaths of William, Justine, and Henry?
2. What event occurred next in Frankenstein's life after Henry Clerval's
death? C. He married Elizabeth.
3. Why does Alphonse fear his son has gone insane?
C. Victor keeps saying he is responsible for the deaths. 4. After the wedding, Victor and Elizabeth go to_______.
B. an inn in Evian
5. When will Victor confide the horrible secret to Elizabeth?
A. The day after their marriage.
1. Why doesn't Victor protect his wife, Elizabeth, from the monster's
attack on the night of their wedding?
C. He misunderstands the monster's warning. 2. Why is Elizabeth killed?
B. She was to be Victor's wife.
3. Why does the monster kill Victor's bride?
D. In revenge for Victor's destruction of the female monster. 4. Following Elizabeth's murder, what does Victor now fear?
A. The murder of his family.
5. What expression does Victor observe on the creature's face after it
has murdered Elizabeth?
B. A grin
6. What does Victor believe is the only thing that will bring him consolation?
D. Finding the monster and exacting revenge. 7. What happened on Frankenstein and Elizabeth's wedding night?
D. The creature broke into the room and killed Elizabeth. 8. What did Frankenstein do after he left the magistrate?
C. He decided to pursue the creature and kill him. 9. Who was the last person the monster kills in the novel Frankenstein?
10. How many people does the creature actually kill?
1. At their graves, what does Victor vow to Elizabeth, Alphonse, and
D. That he will find and destroy the creature. 2. What disturbing sound does Victor hear in the cemetery?
A. A fiendish laugh.
3. Why does the creature say he is happy Victor is still living?
A. Because while he still lives, he suffers.
4. How does Victor end up on the ice floe where Walton finds him?
B. In pursuit of the creature, his sled dogs die and he is stranded. 5. What are Victor's final thoughts regarding his creature?
D. He was wrong to abandon the creature and realizes he should have tried to give him happiness.
6. How did Victor Frankenstein die?
A. He died from not eating properly and physical exhaustion.
7. What request did Frankenstein make of Robert Walton?
A. He asked Walton to destroy the creature if he ever had the opportunity 8. At the end of Frankenstein, who says this: "But soon I shall die, and what I now feel be no longer felt. Soon these burning miseries will be extinct. I shall ascend my funeral pile triumphantly, and exult in the agony of the torturing flames"?
B. the Creature
9. Among all whom the Creature approaches only one does not react with horror and/or repulsion. This was:_______.
B. De Lacey senior, the blind cottager.
10. What does Victor say led him to make the creature in the first place?
C. Ambition and selfishness.
11. Why does Victor say he was right in his decision to not make another creature?
A. The potential for evil is too great.
12. What does Walton do after Victor dies?
C. He returns to England.
13. What has happened to Walton's ship?
D. It becomes trapped in ice.
14. The three speakers, whose personal accounts of their experiences and feelings make up this novel, provide multiple and sometimes competing views of the Creature, his creator, and the explorer. In what sense, as
well as gender, are these three speakers alike?
. All of the above
15. What are we told of the creature's end?
D. He decides to kill himself by setting himself on fire.
1. A. all, both等副词常用在连系动词后或行为动词前。 2. C. “of”常用来表示“所有”关系，如:the door of the classroom, the people of China.
3. A. 注意格式。
4. B. orange, 桔子;桔色的。
5. A. “How do you like…?”，“你认为……怎么样,”
6. D. some可用来修饰可数名词或不可数名词，常用在肯定句中。 7. C. “on one’s way to…”，“在去……的路上”;“home”为副词，前面不用 “to”. 8. D. “much”，“许多”，修饰不可数名词。
9. A. “why not +动词原形”/ “Why don’t you …”, “为什么不……”。 10. A.
11. B. 区分不同时态的含义。
12. C. help…with…, be good at均为固定搭配。
13. A. 情态动词后用动词原形。
14. A. 注意时态与时间状语的搭配。
15. C. “请把你的画册拿给他看”。人称代词做宾语用宾格形式。 16. A.
17. C. “the greens”，“格林一家”或“格林夫妇”。
18. B. “help sb. (to) do sth.”, “help sb. with sth.”，“帮某人做某事”。 19. A. needn’t, “不必”，mustn’t, “一定不能……”。
20. C. (1)不定代词的修饰语用于不定代词后。(2)在表示请求等语气委婉的疑问句中，
21. B. “他会游泳，我也会。”注意两句时态一样。
23. B. 用副词修饰动词。
24. A. How引导感叹句，后用形容词或副词;what引导感叹句，后用名词。 25. D.
26. A. stop doing sth,“停止做某事”;stop to do sth, “停下来，做某事”。 27. C. “随便吃点鱼”
29. C. 注意no longer的位置。
30. D. look, “看”;see,“看到”。
31. B. instead of, “代替……”。
32. C.“the way to”, “去……的路”。
33. B. 习惯用语。
34. B. all,“都(三个或更多)”;both, “都(两个)”。
35. C. a little, “一点”，little, “几乎没有”，都修饰不可数名词。Few，“几乎没有”，a few,“几
36. A. any在此句中为“任何一个”，故后用单数名词。
37. C. do with，“处理，处置”。
39. A. “Would you please…?”句中用动词原型，因有助动词would。Not放于动词前。 40. C. as soon as引导时间主语从句。在时间主语从句和条件主语从句中，用一般现在时
41. A. closed为形容词，“闭着，合着”。Keep doing, 持续做……。Keep + 形容词，“保持……状态”。
42. B. arrive at，“到达(较小的地方)”;arrive in，“到达(较大的地方)”。此外，还可用get to, reach表示“到达”。
43. A. give a message to sb，“给某人捎信”;leave a message for sb，“给某人留下口信”。 44. A. 两各种的另一个或两部分中的另一部分，用the other表示，如:On the other side of
the road, there are many trees. Other后如有复数名词，可简写为others. 45. C. invention，“发明”;inventor，“发明者”。
47. C. little表否定含义。
48. A. 时间段和距离做主语，做单数对待。如:Five miles is a long distance for the old man.
49. C. 宾语从句应注意的三个问题:1)从句的时态与主句的时态之间不能有逻辑上的矛盾。2)从句用陈述句语序。3)注意使用正确的引导词。
53. D. too, also，“也”，用于肯定句，either，“也”，用于否定句。
55. B. feel lonely，“感到孤独”。Lonely为形容词。
56. A. 一些动词的分词形式常可用作形容词，如:interesting, interested, surprising,
57. A. 此句中的while表示对比，“而”。
58. C. 参见49题。
59. C. grow，“种植”;produce，“生产(农产品，工业品)”;make，“制造”。 60. A. 祈使句中的反意疑问句中附加问句形式很多，常见的为 “will you”，可用于肯定句和否定句中。
61. C. stop…from…，阻止……。
62. B. so far，“到目前为止”，常用于完成时态。
64. C. great changes为复数。In the last few years与完成时连用。
66. C. borrow为非延续性动词，不能与how long连用。
67. A. “中国的人口是多少,”相当于:How many people are there in China.
68. D. quite a nice student = a very nice student
69. A. sell out，“卖完”
70. B. be busy doing…，忙于……。
71. D. you’d=you had
72. B. such…that…，“如此……以至于……”，such后用名词。So…that…，“如此……以至于……”，so 后用形容词或副词。
forget to lock the door,“忘了锁门”(没锁);forget locking the door，“锁了门而忘了”(锁了)。 73. C. neither…nor…连接两个主语时，根据nor后的主语确定动词形式。用法类似的短语还有:either…or…, not only…but also…, not…but…, there be句型。
74. C. it为形式宾语，代指不定式to learn English well. It 还可以做形式主语，如: It is not easy to learn English well.
75. A. in the end，“最后，at last”，at the end of…，“在……末尾，在……结束时”，by the end
76. B. too much + 名词，“太多，过多”;much too + 形容词/副词，“太，非常”。 77. A. much可用来修饰比较级。Much bigger，“比……大的多”。
78. D. None, “一个/一点都没有”，可代指人或物。No one，“没有人”。 79. C. cost为过去式。
1)I think he is right, aren’t you?
2) You think he is right, don’t you?
81. C. 只有clothes为复数名词，可与are搭配。
82. C. 此题中应用两个名词性物主代词。
83. D. at，“在某个时刻”，如:at 7:00, at the moment;in，“在一段时间内”，如:in the morning,
in the year;on，“在某一天或某一天的早晨/下午/晚上”，如:on that day, on the morning of July
84. D. 此句含义为:Do you want to have a try? “你想试试吗,”
85. A. 参见83题。
88. A. a fine day为名词短语，前用what。
89. B. tell sb. not to do sth., “告诉某人不要做某事”，not在to前。 90. D.
91. A. until引导时间状语从句，不用将来时。
92. A. called Bruno为过去分词结构，坐定语修饰son，“一个(被)叫做Brono的儿子。 93. C.
95. D. 参见73题。
98. C. put on，“穿上(衣服)”，dress sb.，“给……穿衣服”;wear，“穿着(衣服)” 99. C. 注意下列复数形式:Americans, Germans, Australians, Canadians, Chinese, Japanese.
100. A. fall, “落”，用主动语态。
101. B. News，不可数名词。
103. B. among them, “他们之中”。
104. A. let, make在用于主动语态时，后跟动词原形，意为“使……做……”。 105. D.
106. D. 注意用复数形式。
108. B. have gone to…，“已经去了……”;have been to…，“去过……”。 109. B.
110. B. become为非延续性动词，不能与表示一段时间的短语for six years连用。 111. C. hear/see sb. do sth,“听到/看到某人做某事”; “hear/see sb. doing sth, “听到/看到某人正在做某事”。
112. B. 此题考察三个短语:help sb. with sth.(帮助某人做某事), with one’s help(在……的
帮助下), catch up with sb.(追上某人)。
113. A. give back, “归还”，相当于“return”。
114. A. hear from sb. = receive a letter from sb.“收到某人来信”。
115. D. 如特指两个中的每一个，则用“each”。
116. B. interest, excite, surprise, develop等词的现在分词，过去分词常作形容词使用。 117. D.
118. C. 在so…that…结构中，that后跟从句。
120. D. “我也希望这样”。
122. C. read in the sun，“在阳光下看书”。
123. C. pay…for…，“花时间/钱做……”。请看下列单词的用法:
1) It cost me too much to buy the bike. 2) I spent too much (in) buying the bike. 3) I paid too much for the bike. 4) It took me a long time to choose the bike.
124. A. at times，“时常”。
126. B. get dressed，“穿好衣服”。
128. C. 如果选A项，则此句无主句。
129. C. keep doing sth.，持续作……。
130. C. hundred, thousand, million, billion, dozen, score等词前面如果有具体的数字，这些此都不加“s”，后面不用off;如果前面没有具体的数字，则这些此后加“s”，后面加of。如:two hundred people, many thousands of people。
133. D. how soon，“多久之后”。
134. A. 表示客观现实的句子用一般现在时。
135. C. 含有情态动词的被动语态结构为:can/may/must/should be done。 136. B.
137. A. 应注意宾语从句的语序与时态。
141. C. since 4 o’clock this morning，“从下午四点到现在”。
142. D. 注意下列四个词的用法:
1) say后直接引用或间接引用说的内容，如:He said, “come here.” 2) speak后用某种语言，或用于结构speak to sb中，如:speak English. 3) talk， “谈论”，常用短语:talk about, talk to. 4) tell，“告诉”。
144. B. so much，“如此多……”。
145. D. 在英语中受到别人的赞扬，应表示感谢 (thank you)或高兴 ( I’m glad)。
146. B. 两个中的另一个，或两部分中的另一部分，用the other表示。 147. D.
148. D. make用于被动语态中，后用不定式，即:be made to do sth. 149. C. stop to listen，“停下来听了听”;hear，“听到”。
150. C. 在than后常用代词that, those。That代指单数名词，those代指复数名词。
1．Mrs Black______________ and didn't look up when he husband entered the room．
A．went on to write B．went on with writing
C．went on writin g D．went on write
2．I never drive______________60 km on the road．
A．more fast than B．faster than
C．much fast than D．more faster than
3．She can't do it______________，but she could ask someone else to do it．
A．she B．her C．hers D．herself
4．Alas！It was not______________easy ______________all that．
A．very，as B．so，as C．too，to D．such，as
5．He was so ______________，he couldn't even afford the carfare（车费）．
A．poor B．rich C．clever D．bright
6．The sun light was coming in______________the window．
A．past B．pass C．through D．across
7．This book is______________more difficult for the students in Grade One．
A．rather B．quite C．too D．very
8．A lot of people in the world are______________in the future of China．
A．interest B．interestin g C．interests D．interested
9．They______________much time in developing the new computer softwares．
A．took B．spent C．cost D．got
10．His company owned ______________dollars ten years ago．
A．million B．million of C．millions of D．ten millions
11．The river is__________200 metres wide，_________no one can reach to opposite bank．
12．I am______________.I never win at cards．
A．unlucky B．unhappy C．unlike D．unusual
13．Mrs．Black is a new comer，but she can get on well ______________her neighbours．
A．on B．with C．to D．at
14．He can't refuse you if you ask ．
A．silently B．quietly C．loudly D．politely
15．They had to put off the match as the ______________was too wet to play on ．
A．floor B．earth C．ground D．land
16．The driver sits______________，and the passengers sit behind．
A．in front B．in front of C．in the front of D．in the front
17．Pinocchio was so near the fire that his wooden feet burned away．He did not feel anything ．He slept and slept．______________ somebody knocked at the door．
A．Instead B．Suddenly C．Perhaps D．yet
1．C。go on后面可以接不定式、动名词和with结构。go on doing sth．指“继续做„„”，表示继续做原来正在做的事情；go on to do sth．指“接着做„„”另一件事；go on with“继续做某事”，后接名词或代词。
8．D。be interesting意指“有趣的”；be interested in用于表示“对„„感兴趣”。
9．B。take，spend，cost都可以表示“花费”，cost的主语必须是“物”，后面多接“钱”； spend的主语必须是“某人”，句式结构为：someone spent some time（in）doing sth．；take的主语是不定式，多用it做形式主语，句式结构为：It takes（took）sb．some time to do sth．
13．B。go on well with意思是“与„„相处融洽”。